Time to triumph... I just need to try & give it a little more ‘umph’

SlimShandy

Date I started again (again) = Monday 16th July 2018. It is honestly a happy accident that I started on a Monday, not just to conform to the cliche lol 😊

I have unofficially been trying to be good for a few weeks and I have braved the scales today... 12lbs lost in total!!!! I am over the moon & it has definitely given me the kick up the bum I need to stick at it.

The ‘it’ in question is making sensible food choices & inputting them into MFP, alongside upping my exercise from a big fat nothing to 3 gym sessions a week.

I reeeeeally hope I stick at it this time. I feel like I finally have the desire, motivation and support to do this properly!

Here goes....

So after a few days away I have come back still motivated, which is unusual as normally after being away and eating and drinking I use it as an excuse to continue the snacking. I’ve planned my meals and I’m prepping some batch cooking.

I did have a take away last night... more out of necessity as I had a bare fridge. But I can’t say I enjoyed it, I definitely prefer home cooked food at the moment.

X

One good this about this heatwave is that i’m too hot to eat! lol.

Didn’t have a great day yesterday... lots of food & drink. But not fretting about it.

If it’s not too warm I might even brave the gym tomorrow.

Had a few food related wobbles, but ive done a healthy shop & got back involved at the gym.

It really appears that one of my main issues Is perseverance. I seem to struggle to maintain healthy eating plans.

I think mini targets as opposed one big one is more suited to me 😊

Had a few food related wobbles, but ive done a healthy shop & got back involved at the gym.

It really appears that one of my main issues Is perseverance. I seem to struggle to maintain healthy eating plans.

I think mini targets as opposed one big one is more suited to me 😊
Mini targets are a good idea to help you stay focused.

Also, don’t forget to claim your NSV’s as well:classic_smile:.

New year... not so new attempt to lose weight. I have luckily managed to keep off the stone I lost in the summer so I’m not exactly back to square one. I do desperately want to shift the weight this time. I don’t want to make sweeping statements about how I’m going to do it this time and that I’m so motivated, because I’m truth it’s an effort and it’s hard work and I’ve been trying to lose weight since I was a child and I’m now morbidly obese, which clearly means I talk a good game but don’t follow it up with actions.
However what I am going to do is take it one day at a time and hope that the little changes I make now add up to a big change later (losing lots of weight).

I’m back at the gym, I’ve braved the scales to assess the damage & ive planned my meals. I’ve not been 100% but I’ve neen a hell of a lot better than I usually am.

Welcome back and Happy New Year:classic_smile:

Well done on keeping the stone off and for going back to the gym, you are on the right track planning your meals.

Aw thank you! I’m still feeling positive and taking it one day at a time 😊

Back