Toby Carvery (Monster vs Aliens)

Frontier-Phil

Silver Member
Today we went to the Vue Cinema to see Monsters vs Aliens with or lad... to be fair the film is good and great for kids. Afterwards I decided to take us to Toby Carvery for treat.
I had a load of turkey meat and a plate full of vegs.. ( no tats or parsnips) but I stuffed myself and went back for more vegs. My little one had my free ice cream.

The great thing was I didn't feel that I was on a diet. This SW is grrrrrrrreat!!!

I just need to syn aliitle gravy and garden peas.....lovely

Phil x

It is great when you can go out and do that! Monsters v Aliens is great though....I want to go back and see it in 3D :)

:8855::8855:You should feel old! I don't think I was born then ;)

I last seen 3d last year, I think. We went to see Journey to the Centre of the Earth in 3d....crap re-make of a classic film... BUT the 3d was great :D

on the toby carvery site they list the nutrional information of their vegetables, gravy, puddings etc. its great :)

I love carveries- you have to remind yourself that it is FINE to go back for seconds, ..................and thirds.

I love the ones where you get a choice of meats, but can have them all if you want.............

"Can I have a whopping great big platter of various dead things, please?...............Oh, and a bit of broccoli too- not too much though, eh?"

We love Toby too, it's so SW friendly, with the veg. not smothered in butter etc. At our local carvery our waitress allows us to order the melon starter as a desert - without the mango sauce it's free!

Next week though, they have got a special St George's Day offer of carvery and ice cream for £5 before 6.30pm, available 20th - 25th April inclusive!!! You can't swap the ice cream for melon.....

When they did this earlier in the year I couldn't resist, but took a choc. Options sachet with me and used half of that (1 syn) instead of their sauce which made me feel a BIT less guilty.

You can download the voucher from their website. Anyone got any other SW friendly and inexpensive places to eat out? We seem to only use them and Harvester and Wetherspoon's, - although the syns for meals at the latter listed in the new SW Food Directory are quite a shock!!!

Hope I'm not deleted for advertising, I've absolutely NOTHING to do with any of these places, but having recently retired, it is so nice to eat out now and then!

Last edited:
We love Toby too, it's so SW friendly, with the veg. not smothered in butter etc. At our local carvery our waitress allows us to order the melon starter as a desert - without the mango sauce it's free!

Next week though, they have got a special St George's Day offer of carvery and ice cream for £5 before 6.30pm, available 20th - 25th April inclusive!!! You can't swap the ice cream for melon.....

When they did this earlier in the year I couldn't resist, but took a choc
Options sachet with me and used half of that (1 syn) instead of their sauce which made me feel a BIT less guilty.

You can download the voucher from their website. Anyone got any other SW friendly and inexpensive places to eat out, we seem to only use them and Harvester and Wetherspoon's, - although the syns for
meals at the latter listed in the new SW Food Directory are quite a shock!!!

Hope I'm not deleted for advertising, I've absolutely NOTHING to do with any of these places, but having recently retired, it is so nice to eat out now and then!

hahaha.. i totally dont blame you for advertising them.. me and my OH love it..!!!!!! best place we go too.. and all the food is so fresh tasting..
x

Just discovered that Harvester also have a downloadable Sundae Best voucher, and their's lasts until 20th June!!!!!

Happy eating!

Just discovered that Harvester also have a downloadable Sundae Best voucher, and their's lasts until 20th June!!!!!

Happy eating!

Ohhh where can we find this?

Looking at their site they have the nutritional values of their meals too at the Harvester - here

Why did you have to syn the peas?:confused: I thought they were superspeed foods?:confused:

Back