Today i can admit I NEED HELP

Heaven

Ive been off SW for about 3 months now and havnt stopped eating its like im punishing myself by eating! Sounds daft i know but this is what im doing.

I need help to get back on the diet, someone needs to give me a kick up the backside. I know i need help i feel awful again, unhealthy food makes me moody and tired but i have no motavation, right now i cant see any lights at the end of the tunnel.

I lost nearly a stone before xmas now ive put that back on plus about another stone.
I dread to go on the scales really to find out but i hate looking at myself.

I need to lose 3 stone to be my ideal weight but need help, my old SW consultant gave my help and motivation then she left and i then the new one was not very good, (she still txts me now and again as she still thinks i go to class!!!)

Someone give me a kick please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wave_cry:

Ok- let the butt kicking commence:

Number 1- go and weigh yourself NOW. This will not be pleasant and it will upset you, but it is reality and you need to face up to it.

Number 2- accept responsibility. You must now consider each food decision going forward as your CHOICE. No-one is going to force you to follow plan or fall off the wagon- that decision can only be yours. If you are happy to accept the consequences of that decision then do it. E.g. No point in saying "It's not fair, I can't have that cake" because you CAN have the cake, you just have to accept that the cake (in portions that go over syn allowance) leads to weight gain and unhappiness- so only eat the cake if you can accept that outcome.

Number 3: Don't make excuses- I think this is the BIGGEST diet mistake. It is so tempting to start thinking "It's not my fault it's my genes" "It's not fair because thin people eat more than me" "It's a special occasion so I am 'allowed' a treat" "I'm not feeling 100% today so it's only fair that I get to overeat" "If I enjoy it, it will be worth it"- we are all guilty of this but it got us fat. I can find an excuse to eat every minute of every single day and that is why I ended up morbidly obese.

Your life at the moment is unhappy due to your lack of control over food and the resulting weight problem. TODAY IS THE START OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Let's make it brilliant- think now of going on days out without worrying about your size or walking into a clothes shop and putting on that fabulous dress, or going out with your family and not getting out of breath at any exersion or going for a night out and not feeling like the fat person. Think of living longer and reducing the risk of blindness, heart disease and diabetes, think of feeling attractive and confident- focus on these positives and make choices that get you closer to your goal- give yourself longer on earth to truly enjoy the new you.

This is not for wimps- you have to FIGHT for it- get on those scales and get on with the rest of your life on YOUR terms

xxxxxx

Number 1- go and weigh yourself NOW. This will not be pleasant and it will upset you, but it is reality and you need to face up to it.

Number 2- accept responsibility. You must now consider each food decision going forward as your CHOICE. No-one is going to force you to follow plan or fall off the wagon- that decision can only be yours. If you are happy to accept the consequences of that decision then do it. E.g. No point in saying "It's not fair, I can't have that cake" because you CAN have the cake, you just have to accept that the cake (in portions that go over syn allowance) leads to weight gain and unhappiness- so only eat the cake if you can accept that outcome.

Number 3: Don't make excuses- I think this is the BIGGEST diet mistake. It is so tempting to start thinking "It's not my fault it's my genes" "It's not fair because thin people eat more than me" "It's a special occasion so I am 'allowed' a treat" "I'm not feeling 100% today so it's only fair that I get to overeat" "If I enjoy it, it will be worth it"- we are all guilty of this but it got us fat. I can find an excuse to eat every minute of every single day and that is why I ended up morbidly obese.

Your life at the moment is unhappy due to your lack of control over food and the resulting weight problem. TODAY IS THE START OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Let's make it brilliant- think now of going on days out without worrying about your size or walking into a clothes shop and putting on that fabulous dress, or going out with your family and not getting out of breath at any exersion or going for a night out and not feeling like the fat person. Think of living longer and reducing the risk of blindness, heart disease and diabetes, think of feeling attractive and confident- focus on these positives and make choices that get you closer to your goal- give yourself longer on earth to truly enjoy the new you.

This is not for wimps- you have to FIGHT for it- get on those scales and get on with the rest of your life on YOUR terms

xxxxxx

Not sure anyone will be able to better that reply hun xxxx

xxxxxx

WOW no arguing with that :D I can feel a catch phrase coming on... weightloss is not for wimps..:eek::D

CP :worthy:

My God, that was a very rousing speech. I'm not even struggling at the moment, but you can betcha life it has made me even more determined to conquer my weight problem.

Cocktail Princess .... :thankyou:

Heaven, just go for one day at a time. Good luck and we are all here for you x

thanks devondumpling... I just read your post and I wanted to thank you x

Not my post hun - the one and only CP posted the fabulous reply to post xxxx

CP really has one hell of a kick and I can only find one thing to add :D

We all have days when things go wrong. In the past I would say, "right well I have been bad today, so thats it for the rest of the week I can now eat anything I like an start next week". Not now. If I have a bad day, I draw a line under it and continue. If you give up at the first hurdle, you will never get to the end of the race.

CP- Can't rep you, gotta spread it!. Once again you've hit the nail right on the head!!!

Does anyone else hear the strains to 'Land of Hope and Glory' as they read that??

.....Just me then.... :D :D :D

As butt-kicking's go, I think I felt that one too!!

Superb post CP, and I hope it inspires the OP as much as it did me :)

Excellent post CP. And Amanda I completely agree. I used to do that all the time, whenever I had a bad day I would just give up and be bad the whole week which made it ten times worse. If I had just had the one bad day it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference to my weight loss that week, but because I carried on I probably put on a couple of pounds. I'm determined to keep on track this time though :)

I hear the speech being read by Winston Churchill!!

Back