Too much fruit

A few months ago this came up at class & somebody had about 9 pieces of fruit a day, she reduced that & did find her loses were a little better, why not give it a try & see.

Probably have something to do with the amount of natural sugar in fruit as opposed to veggies. I was told by a nutritionalist that your 5-a-day should really be 5 different veg and and then any fruit eaten would simply be extra

A lady in the class I used to go to would.describe how much fruit she ate e.g whole pineapple, oranges, pears and mango for one meal and more as snacks throughout the day and the consultant said it was still.excess calories and free food does not mean free calories, you eat until satisfied. I have to say though the lady described something very excessive ontop of meals and she was not losing. But if you are hungry it is better to pick fruit or veg than a kitkat!

I eat loads of fruit, I don't know what you'd class as too much and I'm at target, however everyone is different, I have a banana almost everyday and it didn't stop me loosing but I know of people who can't loose if they eat one a day

Last time I did sw I found if I did eat too much fruit I'd either maintain or gain that week.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

I guess everyone loses differently then. I have grapes, a plum, 2 small oranges, an apple everyday (and sometimes a banana) and I find I have good losses. These are eaten inbetween meals though.

You can have too much of anything if it's not needed but no-one ever got overweight by eating too much fruit did they?

If you are hungry between meals then SW say eat fruit or veg, they tell you to have fruit on your breakfast cereal, fruit as a dessert.....

Fruit is not the enemy, sugars or not. If you NEED it, eat it.

Also, if you find you are very hungry between meals then eat more for your meals. I have either a big bowl of fruit salad for breakfast or berries or a banana on cereal, a banana mid morning and then a piece of fruit after lunch. It isn't that which makes me gain weight, it's the bad stuff!

I have two bananas sliced up before my porridge every day.And then I snack on fruit as well throughout the day. Dont like veg very much so stuck to red and green plans, now at target but love love love fruit. Strawberries with vanilla yoghurt, yummy! What suits one doesnt necessarily suit all. I try to have some ss fruit every day, ie melon and strawberries. This should actually help with the loss :)

I love my fruit a bit too much too! I'm doing to try and snack on corn and carrot/pepper sticks instead I think, it is really easy to eat tonnes and tonnes of fruit. x

I think it's just about finding the right balance for you because I upped my intake of fruit and veg (but mainly fruit) when my losses slowed and it's really done the trick for me! Also I think it's about choosing the right fruit/veg, like having some melon instead of a banana. It's still just a piece of fruit but it's all about looking and choosing the options with the symbols next to them, eg the speed foods and extra fibre, calcium etc. :)

Someone brought this up in group yesterday. I eat lots of fruit but not much veg apart from any salad I might have for lunch. My weight loss has slowed down a bit over the last couple of weeks (although admittedly I haven't been 100% on plan for the last couple of weekends which is probably something to do with it). So I am going to do an experiment this week and take carrot batons into work to snack on instead of grapes to see if that makes a difference.

I've also read on here that fruit can be hard to digest and can make you bloated, which I was last week. So I am hoping it helps with that too. I'm also going to cut down on pasta on green days and have rice and potatoes instead - they don't seem to bloat me as much as pasta does.

So I'm keeping everything crossed for a good loss on Saturday morning!

Back