TOP FIVE DINNER GUESTS...

BlackRose

Gold Member
Who would invite to your ideal dinner party we'll have two -one of living famous people, one of dead famous people...

p.s. quick update -I'm on day seven, going great and have unearthed three more shakes so won't be getting officially weighed until Friday! YAY!

ok
Living:
Billy Connolly
Frankie Boyle (If he can't make it I'll phone up J.K. Rowling - what a woman!)
Maya Angelou
Stephen Fry
Bob Dylan

Dead:
Billy Shakespeare
Oscar Wilde
Che Guevara
Emmeline Pankhurst
Jane Austen (I've got some questions for that chick!)

Gosh -that was harder than the music and books one! I might have to make these celebrity parties a weekly thing...

Diary commitments notwithstanding these are mine :)

Living:

Stephen Fry
Frankie Boyle (sorry for being a copy cat on those two.. )
John Lydon
Mark 'Chopper' Reid
Blackrose ;)

Dead:

Peter Ustinov
John Lennon
Brian Clough
Leonardo Di Vinci
Mozart

Tricky there are so many to choose from... my first effort... although this could change!!

Living:

Christopher Biggins
Barack Obama
Stephen Fry
Victoria Wood
Anthony Hopkins

Dead:

Martyn Luther King
Freddie Mercury
Winston Churchill
Bill Hicks
Judy Garland

LOL -Isn't Stephen Fry popular!

And HD -of course I meant to invite you too! LMAO I'll squeeze ya in beside Stephen and Frankie. :D

OOH! Porgeous -Martin Luther King -good one! Can I come to that one too? lol

And dear old Judy! Yes, I definitely want an invite!

LOL

Ok, I never thought about it before but here it goes. Some of it I might change if I feel I have to :D, lol

Living:
Andrea Bocelli
Martin Lewis
Maksim Mrvica
Barack Obama
Bill Gates

Dead:
Dalai Lama
John Davison Rockefeller
Marilyn Monroe
Matthias Corvinus of Hungary( I am Hungarian)
Paul Newman

Last edited:
I admit I had to check up on some of the names mentioned by you all. Not too many mind you as I knew the names but wasn't really sure they are famous for what.:eek::ashamed0005::cry:

Shame..:(
x:family2:

Can I also have Bob Marley please :D

Can I also have Bob Marley please :D
Isn't that over the limit? lol
Believe it or not I was thinking exactly the same as I was typing my post. I also could add a few more people I would like to have a word with :p!
Let me know if we are allowed more than 5.lol

Living
====
Neil Young
Bob Dylan
Kate Rusby
Bill Bailey
Roger McGough
BlackRose

Previously Living
==========
My Mum
John Lennon
George Harrison
Douglas Adams
JRR Tolkein
Sandy Denny

or if he can't make it, I could take Christopher Biggins place at Porgeous' gathering - such a fantastic mix of people!

Matthias Corvinus of Hungary( I am Hungarian)

I've just wiki'd him... what a great story & leader :) Thanks for mentioning him... I like to learn something new every day :D

I worked in Pest a few years ago - great city :) The office I was working in was down one of the winding side streets down by the synagogue... I loved your square & it was so poignant to see the bullet holes still kept in honour of the 'silent revolution'... it was something I'd not heard of until I visited the city :)

I love the Danube... I've also worked in Bratislava which as you'll know is also on the river further downstream :)

I've just wiki'd him... what a great story & leader :) Thanks for mentioning him... I like to learn something new every day :D

I worked in Pest a few years ago - great city :) The office I was working in was down one of the winding side streets down by the synagogue... I loved your square & it was so poignant to see the bullet holes still kept in honour of the 'silent revolution'... it was something I'd not heard of until I visited the city :)

I love the Danube... I've also worked in Bratislava which as you'll know is also on the river further downstream :)

I am from a small town near the Slovakian border( north Hungary). Believe it or not I visited England way before I visited Budapest.:eek: I love living in the UK and this is home,as it has been for years now. I was just a child when I came and my children been born here, so this is Home. I love Hungarian History and I am really lucky as I got my education there.

My Goodness! This thread has unearthed some interesting things hasn't it? All these fascinating and hugely entertaining dinner parties! ANd I did not get up today thinking I'd know a little bit of Hungarian history by the evening! There you go now! That's me happy!:D :D

I admit I had to check up on some of the names mentioned by you all. Not too many mind you as I knew the names but wasn't really sure they are famous for what.:eek::ashamed0005::cry:

Shame..:(

Not in the slightest! In uni I'm near notorious for being the one to answer 'No, not really.' when the tutor asks 'did everyone get that?'. LOL

If you don't ask you don't learn and I'm currently looking up your Hungarian dude! :D

WOW! That's fantastic! It's amazing how narrow our world view can be, while I've been studying early modern and Renaissance England, aul' Matthias was kicking a55 in Hungary (not actually while I was reading -you know what I mean lol)and I've managed to completely miss reading anything about him. There now. :D :D

Living

John Edward
Wayne Dyer
Esther Hicks
Marianne Williamson
William Roache (for his spiritual philosophy, I'm not a Ken Barlow groupie;))

Passed

Harry Patch
Bea Arthur
Maurice Gibb
Mama Cass Elliot
Karen Carpenter

Living
Diana Ross
David Jason
Doris Day
Stephen Fry
Paul Merton

Dead
Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
Charles Rennie Mackintosh
Freddie Mercury
Arthur Lowe
Michael Jackson

Hmmm - I wondered about MJ too :) xx

Protection or preparation HD? Bad bad man you!

Back