tortured soul is stuck !!!

sukie sue

this is My time to shine!
:sigh: omg!!!!
i am soooo down at the mo , i really dont know what to do with myself or which way to go on my ll journey,
ive done really well up to now and have got to within a stone of my target weight but i have now come to a shuddering halt !!!:cry:
a couple of weeks ago i actually GAINED!!!
YES THATS RIGHT GAINED 2.2 LB what is that all about ??????
I STUCK (AS USUAL) TO THE PROGRAMME RELIGIOUSLY , DRANK MY WATER AND WASNT DUE TOTM BUT STILL I GAINED!!!!
dont get it ,
i did loose it again plus an extra 2.2 (and it was totm) but its left me so low and so dispondant, im due another weigh in tomorow but i feel i havent lost anything despite sticking with it , im just not sure which way to turn right now , do i stick at it (has anyone had this happen ???) or do i call it a day on developers and switch to management so i can start training properly ( the great north run is looming )???? im so confused and i just need some pats and love i think:D .
i hate feeling so low and its making me testy and headachy all the time , i just need to make a descision of some kind come thurs , i just dont know what it should be .
sorry for the long winded post again but i need to vent !!!!:D :D :D

Hey there Sue.... well first off here is a million pats and loads of love............. :D :D :D

lets look at the BIG picture here.... you have lost as far as i can make out a whopping 4 stone........... eeeekkkkkkkk thats fab!!!! and are within a stone of ur target!!!

Really you shouldn't be letting this or any diet get you down so much so i reckon you should have a chat with your LLC and re-focus and see where you want to go from here.... after all you said you were starting to train so it ain't as if you just want to stop and eat loads and not get any exercise.....

you have done brill and well done for that... maybe just re-focus a wee bit and you will be at 10 stone in no time!!!

love

Gen xxx

Hey there Sue.... well first off here is a million pats and loads of love............. :D :D :D

lets look at the BIG picture here.... you have lost as far as i can make out a whopping 4 stone........... eeeekkkkkkkk thats fab!!!! and are within a stone of ur target!!!

Really you shouldn't be letting this or any diet get you down so much so i reckon you should have a chat with your LLC and re-focus and see where you want to go from here.... after all you said you were starting to train so it ain't as if you just want to stop and eat loads and not get any exercise.....

you have done brill and well done for that... maybe just re-focus a wee bit and you will be at 10 stone in no time!!!

love

Gen xxx
hi gen !!!
thanks so much :D :D
i knew i should get off me bum and just post my worries and i would start to feel better but i think i got such a shock after such success to stumble for no reason trew me into a bit of a spin , i do actually feel much better than a few weeks ago but its been a struggle to keep myself up :sigh: but i do feel im coming out of it now but im worried incase im still stuck come thurs.
anyway i will chat to our locum thurs as ll councilor is off in aus for a month , lucky minx !!!!:D

Congrats on your great success so far Sue!

I started management with about a stone to lose and a BMI of 27 point something. Seven weeks in and I've lost just over a stone during that time, BMI is less than 25.

I've been told that I WILL gain some, especially during the last four weeks, but that it should all pan out in the long term. If you are wanting to train for the GNR (good luck with that) then perhaps you are ready to move on to Management. It sounds like you are mentally ready for it, anyway.

I'm not suggesting that you will lose weight like I did, particularly if you are training (if you gain muscle and tone up, you may gain weight too), but check on your body fat percentage periodically and you should see THAT figure decreasing as the muscle mass increases - and that is very good news for your health.

I hope it all works out for you, anyway.

Hi Sukie Sue

First off sorry to see you are feeling down. You have to keep in mind the bigger pictire. your achievement so far is amazing - and with a stone to go you are nearly there. I too got a bit stuck before Christmas - I remember being so jealous of those in my group who had lost weight and cheated :( :( :( during the week and there I was as good as gold and no weight loss. Eventualy though it does catch up. Bear in mind water retention, constipation, exercise - if you are training this can impact adversely on weight loss for a while.

Also like you I am "nearly there" and so want to get into managment so can understand how you feel. It sounds like management may be right for you, just be sure its not a chatterbox trying to sabotage your diet and make you give up because of all the "slim you" issues you face. Try sticking with SS for a little while longer maybe - the scales will catch up as the body HAS to lose weight on 500 cals a day eventually!. Its got to get that energy from somewhere to function. Then you can enter management a little nearer to your goal. At the end of the day its YOUR decision.

Hope tthis isn't toooooo preachy, just a few objective words of love and support. You WILL get there and you will laugh off the stalled weightloss in a few weeks time:)

Congrats on your great success so far Sue!

I started management with about a stone to lose and a BMI of 27 point something. Seven weeks in and I've lost just over a stone during that time, BMI is less than 25.

I've been told that I WILL gain some, especially during the last four weeks, but that it should all pan out in the long term. If you are wanting to train for the GNR (good luck with that) then perhaps you are ready to move on to Management. It sounds like you are mentally ready for it, anyway.

I'm not suggesting that you will lose weight like I did, particularly if you are training (if you gain muscle and tone up, you may gain weight too), but check on your body fat percentage periodically and you should see THAT figure decreasing as the muscle mass increases - and that is very good news for your health.

I hope it all works out for you, anyway.
hi a.j
thanks again for for your good advse and sound suggestions you always seem to hit the right note:)
m going to see what pans out tomorrow and hopefully ill be certain im making the right choice once ive been weighed.

Hi Sukie Sue

First off sorry to see you are feeling down. You have to keep in mind the bigger pictire. your achievement so far is amazing - and with a stone to go you are nearly there. I too got a bit stuck before Christmas - I remember being so jealous of those in my group who had lost weight and cheated :( :( :( during the week and there I was as good as gold and no weight loss. Eventualy though it does catch up. Bear in mind water retention, constipation, exercise - if you are training this can impact adversely on weight loss for a while.

Also like you I am "nearly there" and so want to get into managment so can understand how you feel. It sounds like management may be right for you, just be sure its not a chatterbox trying to sabotage your diet and make you give up because of all the "slim you" issues you face. Try sticking with SS for a little while longer maybe - the scales will catch up as the body HAS to lose weight on 500 cals a day eventually!. Its got to get that energy from somewhere to function. Then you can enter management a little nearer to your goal. At the end of the day its YOUR decision.

Hope tthis isn't toooooo preachy, just a few objective words of love and support. You WILL get there and you will laugh off the stalled weightloss in a few weeks time:)

thanks so much joolz
youre not all all prechie , just talkig sense and saying what i know , im just hoping for a loss tomorrow so i have a reason to stay on ss as the thought of the unknown management is terrifying:D
saying goodbye to the last of my insecurities is hard:wave_cry: but im giving it a good old go :D :D

ive just had a thought !!!
why o why do we focus on what we have yet to achieve rather than what amazing things we have done ?????is it too hard to say goodbye :wave_cry: to all the nasty little soudbytes in our brain?????
i for one am making a pact to revel in my newfound fabulousness:D and try to love the me staring back from the mirror, rather than focus all my hard earned energy on negative self loathing !!!

Quote:

"ive just had a thought !!!
why o why do we focus on what we have yet to achieve rather than what amazing things we have done ?????is it too hard to say goodbye :wave_cry: to all the nasty little soudbytes in our brain?????
i for one am making a pact to revel in my newfound fabulousness:D and try to love the me staring back from the mirror, rather than focus all my hard earned energy on negative self loathing !!!"

Yeah, I second that Sukie!

Positive strokes rool!

ive just had a thought !!!
i for one am making a pact to revel in my newfound fabulousness:D and try to love the me staring back from the mirror, rather than focus all my hard earned energy on negative self loathing !!!

Very well said Sukie Sue - I'm glad you're feeling so much brighter. You've done brilliantly so far and I'm sure that this will continue.

Cath

:wow: :clap: what you have done so far is fanstatic, glad you are feeling happier now & the the wonderful weight loss will continue.......Good luck hun keep that chin up.

xxx

thanks every one !!!!
you guys really got me through what could have been such a sticky patch !!!
now luckily things are mooving again, than god!!!!
i have decideed now that 22nd march will be my start date for mangement , dont know why ??? seems like a good day to start:D
not sure how ill cope with the whole eating thing but like a.j i dont plan on giving myself any room for deviation, i am sticking the the rogramme ( cant think of this as a diet its far too life changing)
well hubby left for 3 months today to rejoin the qe2:wave_cry: had a good sob and snuggled my angel tight then was dragged out by the girls , so got my new size 12 gladrags on and felt sooooooo good OMG what a feeling , pencil skirt shirt and little waistcoat ,I LOOKED HOT !!!! have to say ladies that is a massive thing for me to say !!!!!
went to an anne summers party (intersting ) and bought hubby some treats for when we join him on the ship in may ( even more interesting:eek: )
so there you have it , crisis over (for now :p ) hes gone and i got over it , i was stressing about coping when he got home (on ll as we are a very social couple when hes home )but did great then , he was fab !!!!
well im off for a very big bath with my little one as this cold misrable cumbrian day is freezing me to the bone !!!(hope that goes on management):D :D :D

Back