Two melons balancing on an egg, wedged between two chicken drumsticks..

Lol, here you are ladies:

image-3809377739.jpg

Water weight is officially gone today, but I am being dragged to a meadery for OH's family birthday and I'm not sure how much is low carb on that menu..then it's our staff Christmas party tomorrow. Such a troublesome time of year for dieters!

B xx

Thanks guys, the lights are blue and white too..:D it's so pretty.

These meals out are getting pesky lol, weight is going up and down like a yo-yo. I managed to stay relatively low carb at the meadery..by peeling the battered chicken skin off and leaving the onions from the salad, although, I may have had a mouthful of OH's Mississippi Mud Pie lol (I don't even like coffee desserts !)

Staff party on Friday was lots of wine, and three courses including a ham hock terrine, turkey roast dinner and followed by a vanilla panacotta. They also served a heavenly freshly made granary roll, which along with the dessert was the highlight of the meal for me lmao (I actually described the roll as orgasmic, and the whole table was laughing at me)...left all the potatoes though, which is something.

So after plenty of dancing and a night of revelry, my weight was back up to 13st,7lbs the following morning (after shifting that water weight from before). I think December just has to be accepted as probably a month of sts overall. There's been too much to do to exercise as much, and many evenings out we wouldn't have at other times of year. Still, I'm going to keep an eye on the scales and do my best - I was hoping to get to 13st,2lbs by Christmas to reach a 2 stone milestone - but I'm not going to beat myself up too much now if I don't get there.

Breakfast time! Yummy flax pancakes..

B xx

Last edited:
I'll say! So long as I don't go crazy and stuff my face with quality streets, I think I can forgive myself lol.

I've noticed another palette change recently - semi-skimmed milk in tea - very occasionally if I'm feeling too lazy to make a mug and a colleague has offered up a machine brew...I will have a half sized cup of tea with ordinary milk...now I've been starting to find the taste really sickly.

Also, has anyone else gone off their perfume due to this diet? I've always liked really sweet perfumes, and the last bottle I had I'd been using happily for over a year. I got a cold a month or two ago, and since then I've just found the sweetness too much..bizarre.

I made Oopsie hot dogs tonight :D

image-136760615.jpg

(this photo was taken shortly before I drenched the hotdog in even more ketchup lol)

I neeeed to buy some more coconut oil desperately, I keep picking at squares of the 85% cocoa chocolate I have in the cupboard. I worked out that if 100g chocolate is 17g carbs, then 10g is 1.7g and this has been my shameful excuse to nibble..not good I know!

Water weight is all gone now though, 13st, 6lbs - come on 13st, 5!

B xx

13st, 4.8lbs today..I pleased I'm still losing weight, as I've increased my carbs to an average of about 25g a day (with the odd day higher or lower). I've been a teeny bit light headed the past couple of days, which is how I felt for the first few weeks of low carbing - but I'm taking it as a sign that my body is in proper fat burning mode again :) That 13st,2lb is so tauntingly close...

In other news, my Christmas shopping has been done almost exclusively online this year (and mostly tbh on Play.com)...took me just two days and now is just the nail biting wait for everything to arrive before the event!

We haven't decided yet how long we'll be going to my friend's for Christmas, but I'm dreading packing up all of my low carb bits and taking them. When you put all the necessities together it comes to quite a lot, and I don't want to chance having a choc craving for example and not being able to make cocoa bark. One thing I am excited about though is that this friend has an icecream maker, I can't wait to make some low carb icecream!!

B xx

Brilliant on the loss! Cocoa bark can be transported already made in a tub and just stick it in fridge or freezer there?

Yes just get a freezer bag and pop the bark in that - and ooooh yaye on the l/c ice cream.

I LOVE ice cream but been dithering about getting a machine for a while, let me know how you get on.

I make lc Ice cream in my food processor. I put frozen summer fruit in with runny single or double cream, whatever I have in, and some liquid Hermy. Whizz up, and hey pesto, gelato!
Ha, clearly I meant hey PRESTO!

Last edited:
I've just said on your thread that you are a culinary genius, Smiley :)

How long do you freeze it for? And does it go soft like ice cream or all icy?

I don't freeze it, the frozen fruit is cold enough to freeze the cream. If it's too stiff to whizz in the machine, add a little more cream, or even some Da Vinci syrup. I love it!
If you have too much, you can freeze it, but be wary it goes rock solid so either zap it in the micro, or leave out for 30 mins. It's always best when first done though as it's softer.
Also, I find summer fruits, raspberries or forest fruits best as it needs the sharpness to counter the cream.

Oh, Smiley..that sounds good! I buy frozen summer fruit as well, but I've just used it to make mini ramekin crumbles before.

Thanks for the pat on the back ML, I feel very grateful for every pound lost in December..I was on a buzz about getting to that 4.8..:)

Ladyfel, I've been really wanting an icecream maker too! But apparently the good ones are very expensive. My friend has a cheaper version, where you mix the ingredients in a metal canister and then freeze the whole thing, and I believe you remove it periodically to stir it..I'm hanging on, to be able to get one of the good ones when we can afford it. I absolutely love ice cream!

For the trip to my friend's, cocoa bark was a bad example really, because the coconut oil and cocoa powder don't take that much space. You guys are right, I could take it in a tub, but as we're going for several days, I'd be worried where my next fix was coming from afterwards lol!

It's mainly the food processor I suppose that's a pain to lug around, but we absolutely need it for cauliflower rice (OH spent 30 mins chopping it by hand when we visited a friend the other day, and was bitterly disappointed to learn he'd only made enough for two portions!) I'm just going to fill one of those pop up plastic crates with everything, scales, ground almonds, coconut flour, soya milk etc etc.

I quite fancy making a low carb chocolate frosted cake while we're there, so that I have something to get excited about while everyone is enjoying their sweets and Jaffa cakes (I have bought OH one of those wicked yards of jaffas, because I think I must hate myself lol..)

He is out tonight for a posh three course meal for his staff Christmas party, I wanted to go - but it was £29pp and we already had to pay for him, so thought we'd save our pennies for one of us and stay in :(

So I've just made a lazy dinner of two Oopsies spread with tomato purée and covered with cheese and pepperoni, then blitzed it on the grill setting in the microwave. Bon appetite lol, but actually it wasn't bad at all..

I dis have a bringing-myself-back-down-to-earth moment earlier. I went to try on some size 16 skirts and could only button them if I pulled them up so high they turned into body binding miniskirts..not a good look!

After losing all that weight I just couldn't imagine them not fitting me, as I'd never have thought I was more than 2 stone from a size 16. The reality is I had no idea how big I was getting..and I have to face that this is going to be a much longer road than I thought..but there is an end in sight - sometime at the end of next year is not that far away really :)

B xx

Ladyfel, I've been really wanting an icecream maker too! But apparently the good ones are very expensive. My friend has a cheaper version, where you mix the ingredients in a metal canister and then freeze the whole thing, and I believe you remove it periodically to stir it..I'm hanging on, to be able to get one of the good ones when we can afford it. I absolutely love ice cream!

Oh I know they are so expensive - and the cheaper ones aren't very good. Until then, it's Chef Smiley's approach for us :D

It's mainly the food processor I suppose that's a pain to lug around, but we absolutely need it for cauliflower rice (OH spent 30 mins chopping it by hand when we visited a friend the other day, and was bitterly disappointed to learn he'd only made enough for two portions!) I'm just going to fill one of those pop up plastic crates with everything, scales, ground almonds, coconut flour, soya milk etc etc.

Does your friend have a blender? You can do rice in that too - here's a video - .youtube.com/watch?v=TW6UA90bnIo

So Christmas is over, and I'm back!

Managed to escape with only Christmas Pudding, some Yule Log and a plate of chips and scampi, with banoffee pie as collateral damage..(can imagine those of you reading this fainting at the thought) the rest of the time I followed a low carb plan which was low enough to maintainish. So I have started carb counting on My Fitness Pal again today.

Just before the holidays I finally became sick to death of my Maxiraw protein shakes...I just can't face the sweetness of them anymore - so I'm on the look out for another alternative. Meanwhile, I've been quite enjoying a couple of soft boiled eggs every morning. So food today was:

B - (x2) eggs
L - Salad, made with spinach, rocket & watercress, cucumber, radishes, 25g pepper, half of an avocado, half a tomato, 2g mixed seeds, fresh basil leaves and half tsp pesto.
D - I pan fried last nights leftover swede mash and green beans with bacon, an egg and some Worcester sauce. Was nicer than expected!
S - 2 babybels, 50g Mixed Nuts. 5 or 6 AJ's sugar free boiled sweets.

MFP: 22g carbs, F 79% P 16% C 5%

The nuts were meant to stave off my hunger while I'm trying to get into ketosis, but my god I was starving today. For the first time since I started buying them I broke my 'only 3 sweets' rule and mauled at the plastic bag like a rabid dog.

Zumba tonight is the first exercise in weeks, so getting back to that regularly should hopefully help burn off the last off the last of my sugar reserves and then I won't be hungry anymore, hurray!

LadyB xx

Haha, thanks guys, it's good to know you've put a smile on someone's face :) xx

How about some yummy strong flavoured cheese as a snack? Less easy to go overboard with than nuts, or to cause cravings, and the fat, salt and strong taste are nicely satiating.

Hey Moonlights! I'm a bit fussy about cheese, the strongest I go is medium and I can't stand the smell of strong cheese..thanks for your suggestion though. The sweets aren't very satisfying for hunger at all..

Food on Tuesday:
B Two soft boiled eggs
L Half an avocado, 3 radishes, 3 cherry tomatoes, 50g cucumber, 20g spinach, rocket and watercress salad, 25g pepper, with mayonnaise
D Moussaka - from Low Carb Gourmet cookbook..*

MFP 28g carbs, F 73% P 22% C 5%

*Wasn't too impressed with this, it was absolutely lagged with fat and although calories don't really matter - I don't like to eat anything that boasts 1200kcal a portion and it was a first-week-back-on-diet-tear-jerking 13.5g carbs..though we did have bigger portions, use less meat, and substitute ricotta cheese for marscapone, which may have all been fatal flaws lol.

Today I've eaten 39g carbs and 2655 calories.. :-(

Wednesday
B 2 soft boiled eggs
L half a portion of Mousakka
D three quarters of a portion of Mousakka, with salad
S 50g nuts, 2 babybels, **1 chocolate nut butter frosted brownie.

MFP: F 73% P 22% C 5%

(**Another recipe from Low Carb Gourmet - definitely needs the frosting, as the brownie is kind of bland underneath..overall these were no where near as good as the ones I made before, and by the time you cut yourself a reasonable slice, the carbs were very similar. However the other recipe had a lot more real chocolate in it, so probably not strictly allowed on Atkins...)

Hard to believe the calories added up to that isn't it? I feel like eating nothing but lean chicken for the rest of the week to make up for these past two days..but saving myself the bother of making a lunch was too much to resist today.

Anyway, late for bed so must go!

LadyB xx

Back