Unrelated - but does anyone know anything about maternity rights/pay/benefits etc...?

i agree with ye. our little one wasnt planned and we wernt hadnt heaps of money but you will get what you need. what we did was get things bit by bit each week while we were both still working. I suppose aswell in the 1st 6months all babies really need is nappy's and milk! id say just go for it :)

ahh thanks everyone for your advice and facts!! i think im gonna maybe go to citizens advice to find out exactly what im entitled to etc.. is that the right place to go??? its really awkward to find out what my bosses would do 4 maternity as i work 4 a really small company and its not mentioned in the contracts. and i dont want to ask them coz i dont want them to know yet!! arrrg eek!! and also the admin woman is my bosses wife!! no chance!!

hey hun

i will try and find u a link for gettin money back for childcare, its done through work, am sure all employers do it as its the goverment that pays it

also hun do u have a mortgage? cos did u know u can take up to 6 months maternity holiday with ur mortgage? thats wat i would have to do if we had a baby

xxx

......... do all mortgage companys let you take maternity cover, that would be great, our mortgage is just over £800 a month, a few months break from that would be sooper dooper! x

yea u can take anythin up to 6 months off :) u can take it for other reasons too, like redundancy etc or illness

i am with halifax and i checked their website and they offer it, i also rang them to check, and they sed as long as u havent missed payments or r in arreas with them then u can put holidays in :)

my mortgage payments r £830 a month too

xxx

Cool, we had saved up £25k but that all went on the deposit for the house, so we have no savings left - and finances are one thing thats holding me back from babies, that and the OH hehe!! x

yea all our savings went into our house too, we had a bit left over n thats been used now with me not being a work for 3 months this year :(

we worked out we can afford a baby once i went back to work (i would go bk part time) n wudnt need any childcare help either, so our only problem was going to be while i was off on maternity but now i no i can have 6 months of no mortgage, but the first 2 months of maternity are 90% of wages, so we can now afford for me to have 8 months off at least now :) plus anything we can save in the mean time :)

xxx

ooo hadnt thought of the mortgage thing, mine is £845 pm. with the nationwide, i would have to check that out.... thanks luvs x

Back