USA/Canada Free Branded Foods

BritMumInCanada

Gold Member
ALL THE FOLLOWING ARE FREE ON EXTRA EASY
(be sure to check syn values, as ingredients can change)

QUARK/SOFT CHEESE/COTTAGE CHEESE ETC

Canadian Brands
Liberte Quark (Canada) - can buy this at Zehr's, Sobey's or Canadian Superstore

YOGHURTS

US brands
Archer's Farm Fat Free Yoghurts
(US)
Kroger's Fat Free Yoghurts (US)
Blue Bunny Light Yoghurts (US)

Canadian Brands
Yoplait 0% Source Yoghurts (Canada)
Yoplait Yoptimal Fat Free Yoghurts
(Canada)

PACKET RICES/PASTA/POTATOES/PULSES

US brands

Canadian Brands

PC Moroccan-Spiced Couscous
PC Blue Menu Rice & Beans 3-Rice Bayou Blend

Universal Brands
all the below are free if made up with just water:
Pasta Roni

Rice Roni
Knorr Pasta Sides
Knorr Fiesta Sides
Hamburger Helpers, Tuna Helpers, Asian Helpers etc
Idahoan original mashed potato
Kraft Macaroni Cheese

Casbah Lentil Pilaf
Vigo Mexican Rice

CANNED ITEMS

US brands
Bush's Vegetarian Baked Beans (US)
Hormel Chilli - Vegetarian (US)

Canadian Brands

MEATS - Frozen

Canadian Brands
the following are all President's Choice items available in Canada:
PC Blue Menu Smokin' Stampede Chicken Breasts
PC Blue Menu Tandoori Chicken Breasts
PC Easy Cook! Sweet & Smoky Barbecue Chicken Breast Portions
PC Blue Menu Mushroom & Provolone Stuffed Chicken Breasts
PC Blue Menu Garlic & Herb Chicken Skewers
PC Blue Menu Honey Dijon Chicken Skinless Breasts
PC Blue Menu Cajun Chicken Breasts
PC Blue Menu Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
PC Fully Cooked Turkey Breast with Gravy
PC Blue Menu Mandarin Chicken Breasts
PC Chicken Breasts - Honey Lemon

MEATS - Unfrozen

US brands
Deli fresh turkey or ham (or look for ones which are 93/7 lean or more)
Ball Park fat free hot dogs (franks)

Canadian Brands
PC Mediterranean Pork Loin Roast
PC Blue Menu Pork Tenderloin Kebabs - Smokin' Stampede
PC Blue Menu Pork Tenderloin Souvlaki
PC Blue Menu Chicken Breast Kebabs – Tandoori
PC Blue Menu Chicken Breast Kebabs - Lemon Pepper

FISH AND SEAFOOD - Unfrozen

FISH AND SEAFOOD - Frozen

Canadian Brands
PC Blue Menu Atlantic Salmon Fillets - Honey Mustard
PC Blue Menu Atlantic Salmon, Skin-On Fillets - Dill & Cognac
PC Miso Atlantic Salmon Skewers
PC Blue Menu Thick & Juicy Wild Pacific Pink Salmon Burgers
PC Thick & Juicy Shrimp Burgers
PC Garlic & Herb Shrimp Skewers
PC Blue Menu Thick & Juicy Atlantic Salmon Burgers
PC Colossal Butterflied Garlic Shrimp

OTHER FROZEN ITEMS

Birdseye roasted potato steamers

STORE CUPBOARD

Pam Spray - all varieties

VEGETARIAN PRODUCTS

US brands
Quorn Mince

DRINKS

ZERO Vitamin water lemon flavor

Last edited:
Thanks BritMum, this is very helpful.

just added a couple of additional items to the list above :)

Vigo Mexican Rice
Casbah Lentil Pilaf

and then some more president choice items for Canada - in the meats and fish sections.

Last edited:
I am going to New York next Wednesday- so i'll keep an eye out for these free foods!! :D

Last edited:
For those of you in Canada, I have finally found a decent bacon that is FREE.

It tends to be the fatty streaky bacon that seems to be the popular type here in Canada/US and of course that is not SW friendly at all. You can get a Canadian bacon, but it is nothing like we are used to in the UK and is quite thick and just doesnt taste the same.

Anyway ZEHRS and Canadian Superstore are now doing Wiltshire bacon.

Definately worth getting if you spot it as it is just like the back bacon you get back in the UK. I always buy 2 packs whenever they have some. Remove the rind/fat and it will be free. We need to keep buying it, so they keep supplying it :p

It looks like this:

m3732304_PCWiltBcnRshers_ENFR.jpg

Thank you sooo much I'm from the UK doing SW in US. Are the pasta sides you stated Knorr or any brand of pasta sides will be syn free on green days?

Just tried ZERO Vitamin water lemon flavor...it tastes pretty good and is naturally sweetend with stevia instead of aspartme (doesn't have that well known aftertaste).
Also munching on Nature Trails Light and Chewy bars (strawberry flavour) 90 cals a bar. I replace it for 1xheb and add 1 syn for the 20 extra cals-hope this makes sense....Oh it tastse deeelishous. :)

I discovered this and they are fab! I assume they're free as on the ingredient list there is no added oil - only the veg is listed. They're great for your 1/3 superfree or to add to lasagnes, etc! I found it at Metro.

Attachments

• grilled_veg.jpg
    grilled_veg.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 656
I discovered this and they are fab! I assume they're free as on the ingredient list there is no added oil - only the veg is listed. They're great for your 1/3 superfree or to add to lasagnes, etc! I found it at Metro.

I got a similar bag from Canadian Superstore, had some oil added though, but was still low.

If you post the full nutritional info, I will check it, but at a guess I would say free.

Thanks Britmum! I've actually joined online now - I wanted my magazine as I was missing it! Going to see how I get on with it for 3 months before deciding if I'll renew it or not. It is a bit crap that they haven't come up with better things for the american market but maybe they'll improve.

I'll check out the syns for the veg when I next buy them - pretty sure they'll be free as I remember checking the fat to make sure there was no hidden oil and it was pretty near 0.

Thanks Britmum! I've actually joined online now - I wanted my magazine as I was missing it! Going to see how I get on with it for 3 months before deciding if I'll renew it or not. It is a bit crap that they haven't come up with better things for the american market but maybe they'll improve.

I'll check out the syns for the veg when I next buy them - pretty sure they'll be free as I remember checking the fat to make sure there was no hidden oil and it was pretty near 0.

once we have the syn value I will add it to the list of free foods or synned foods in the top post if it has a small syn value.

Oh that's good to know, will be handy if you want something quick, although I think I will wait until after baby is here to try any, as they have had several listeria outbreaks in maple leaf products, so makes me nervous and I have avoided any stuff by them, just to be on the safe side.

oooh...didn't know that! It's a lovely roast though. Only needs microwaving for 7 minutes and then it just falls apart when you cut it! My only complaint is that the gravy is a tad salty - and I love my salt!

yep all the kraft ones are free if made up with water or a HEa of milk. It is already on the main list above with a few other rice/pasta packets that are free. :)

Thanks, shoulda checked that first! I did look at it but that was a few weeks back!!

Lost 5lb on my first month back on SW - really pleased with that as I was only on it, I'd say about 65% (eg 4 good days, 3 bad) so I'm looking forward to a 95% month of April!

The Kraft ones are really cheesy tasting so I'm surprised they're free!

Back