USA/Canada Free Branded Foods

For SW members living in Las Vegas, Phoenix, Northern, Central and Southern California, Fresh and Easy Markets (owned by British based Tesco) carries English-Style Bacon, often on sale for 2 packs for $6 (about 8-10 rashers/slices).

not quite the same, but if you can source some canadian bacon, you can have that instead, or buy the low fat turkey rashers, as a bacon brekkie replacement :)

Kraft dinners (macaroni & cheese) from a box - free!

Bumping for clarification: If you had a million dollars, you wouldn't have to eat Kraft dinner, but you'd still eat Kraft Dinner?

I am not on SW - yet. But reading about how so many of the Blue Menu items are free, I'm wavering more and more towards making the switch from WW. The only major difference is that on WW's Simply Filling plan, popcorn is on "the list", and I loves me some popcorn. But I can imagine a Syn-Free Poutine in my future, too. Ahhhh, decisions, decisions....

Bumping for clarification: If you had a million dollars, you wouldn't have to eat Kraft dinner, but you'd still eat Kraft Dinner?

I am not on SW - yet. But reading about how so many of the Blue Menu items are free, I'm wavering more and more towards making the switch from WW. The only major difference is that on WW's Simply Filling plan, popcorn is on "the list", and I loves me some popcorn. But I can imagine a Syn-Free Poutine in my future, too. Ahhhh, decisions, decisions....

I hate the kraft stuff, have hated macaroni cheese since I was a kid, infact it is probably the only food I won't eat haha.

Some of the popcorn microwave bags (100 calorie ones) are only 5 syns, so not too bad and a good serving.

They don't do any squash in Canada, just the powdered crystal clear lights. I think those would be classed as free.

Also don't know if you have seen those big packs of bottled flavour water. Have lemon, orange, raspberry and strawberry in the packs. They are okay

Thanks so much for this! I am planning a trip to an American shop to get some goodies that I miss from home!!XX

I think I used my parents address. The US website is soooo much better for us in Canada!
I've PMd you about it.

Did you know that Vitamuffin Vitatops (they're in the freezer section usually with the health foods) are a HEX B?? Just had one tonight.....it was awesome!

Last edited:
Can I ask, are the fat free Kroger yoghurts, the 'lite' yoghurts? They're the only ones I can find, 80calories and 0 fat

Also - boxed potatoes (akin to British Smash) are free here in the US as long as you either don't add milk/butter or you syn them.

If it is 0 fat then they must be the fat free ones. I haven't bought them for a long time so I can't remember. If you have full nutritional info, post it in the syn forum and someone will double check

Any info on free yoghurts please. Due to holiday soon and don't want to choose badly

Hi Claire,

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the online search tool but here's what I found :) Also, I don't know what's up with the formatting...sorry.

Plain fat free is free for all brands

Activia Light Fat Free Greek Yogurt, all fruit flavors, 3½oz Free
Activia Light Fat Free Greek Yogurt, Vanilla, 3½oz Free

Activia Stonyfield Organic Smooth & Creamy Yogurts, all varieties, 4oz pot

Yoplait - Greek 100 Calories Yogurt, all varieties, 5.3oz pot 1/2

Any info on free yoghurts please. Due to holiday soon and don't want to choose badly

Where are you going?

The dannon Light and fit (Greek ones only) are free in the US. Only a handful of flavours, if you have access to the syn calculator while there, you can always run whatever you buy through the calculator selecting yoghurt as free food. There are not a huge amount of free ones though, most have a small syn value. If you stick to plain fat free yogurt though and add some berries etc, that will of course be free.

Hi There- I'm off to visit my parents for 4 weeks in the USA. I will be staying in rural western New York state (grocery chains are Wegmans and Quality). I am a vegetarian following the green plan in the UK and have not been able to get any info on HEB or free food in the USA. Can anyone help? i'd specifically be interested to know of any 'free yogurts'- healthy b cereals and bread and any 'free vegetarian' things (like quorn here).

Many thanks!
Mary

Hello, I am attempting to do slimming world in Vancouver, Canada. Can anyone tell me syns in turkey bacon? Can i use it instead of regular bacon on a red day?
Many thanks in advance :eek: Emma

Back