USA visa with a criminal record

xKimmiex

Silver Member
HELP!

Me and my partner [adam] are planning a trip to new york for my 21st
sport-smiley-001.gif
in July.

I am about to apply for my Visa waiver, BUT went to apply for adams, and it says about criminal record.

He was arrested and charged with ABH in 2003, got a year inside. He has since changed his life around, got with me [haha] and two children and full time carpenter. Obv i know what he did was bad, but that was when he was 21.

Im asking, is it worth applying for a visa? Its $120 and in london. Im terrfied that he will get turn down. Can you give me some hints and tips please

i dont see why he shouldnt tbh? It does say you have to apply for that visa even if you have been told off by the police lol. We will see what they say, i dont want to not declare it and then get caught at the airport

Unfortunatly I think he will be refused, they are very strict in the USA make a phone call before doing anything else, but dont get your hopes up hun x

iv just rang, they said he shouldnt be, because it wasnt for murder or drugs or the sentence wasnt 5years+ long. Also the fact that he hasnt reaffended will go in his favor, and the fact it was nearly 10 yrs ago. He has been america before, but before his crime

Sounds ok then! I just thought anyone with a criminal record couldn't get a visa for the USA but obviously I was wrong! Hope you have a good time! :)

I thought that as well, I know a couple of people with previous history one of which wasnt major and was well over 20 years ago and he was refused....Canada however has accepted him for a visa

My OH got a visa not a problem
with exactly the same past as yours...

Think they only look at it more closely if it's in the last 6 years

He will defo get in but will NEED a visa . OH Dad had same prob, make sure he gets in in plenty of time, When you get there he will be questioned by security but aslong as he has got a visa and dont lie on the visa forms on the plane.
Just make sure you get it early and you will be fine !!
AND i went to new york in April its AMAZING You will LOVE it :D xx

Re: Re: USA visa with a criminal record

lildanni said:
I got turned down for one

It's bloody stupid. I got charged and convicted of assault 5 years ago (was 4 years when I applied) got an conditional discharge for 6 months. I haven't done anything since. I work in a nursery and having that on my crb doesn't stop me working with children yet it stopped me travelling to America :(

Iv just realised this could have been coz I didn't apply early enough lol

Back