Viral Infections

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
Im wondering if any of you mams out there are sick of taking poorly children to the GP and being told its a viral infection!!!
Seems like whenever I go thats whats wrong with my kids - even if its totally different symptoms from the last one :confused:
My 7 year old woke up this morning with a rash, sore throat, swollen cheeks and glands and aching arms and legs - went to GP - VIRAL infection!!!! :mad:
Dont get me wrong its a relief its nothing too serious but just seems like the bog standard reply!

Hope that s/he feels better soon. Luckily my wee lad hasn't been sick lately but then he doesn't go to nursery or school.

Take Care X

I don't have kids but remember having sickness and diarrhoea really badly at uni - I was not pleased to hear the words "it's viral gastroenteritis and there's nothing we can give you to make it better"

I sympathise with your little 'un :D

He's OK just very quiet and lethargic - penacillan and calpol and a few days off school - He's gutted cos he hasnt been of at all since Sept 2009 and was gonna get a 100% attendance award :(

Poor lamb, hope he's better soon.

Docs have a lot of stock answers sometimes - when I was at uni it seemed like whatever you had, they wanted to test for pregnancy. Broken wrist - maybe you're pregnant???? It drove me mad, especially when at one point they did a pregnancy test without my permission - given that I was a virgin at the time I was prettttty damn sure I wasn't pregnant!! :)

Poor lamb, hope he's better soon.

Docs have a lot of stock answers sometimes - when I was at uni it seemed like whatever you had, they wanted to test for pregnancy. Broken wrist - maybe you're pregnant???? It drove me mad, especially when at one point they did a pregnancy test without my permission - given that I was a virgin at the time I was prettttty damn sure I wasn't pregnant!! :)

Thats outrageous!!!!
Hope you gave them a ticking off

Worst thing was, I was nicknamed Mary for the rest of the year!
LOL!
I seem to remember going thro a patch where every time I went to the Dr they wanted to do a smear or swab:eek:

Surely if it's a viral infection the penicillin won't do any good? It does get better, it takes time for the tinies to build up resistance to bugs.

I thought that Judi!
TLC in order for him I think x

I've decided virus means, 'I ahve not idea what it is, and I don't much care, but I'm pretty sure it's nothing too serious, so take him home, and stop infecting the waiting room'.

Back