Walking Music - Any suggestions?

dellybelly

Silver Member
Hi Guys,

If you've read my thread, you'll know I take my ipod and the dog out walking for at least 30 minutes every other day, but I'm starting to get bored with the music I'm listening to, currently I have:

Jamiroquai - Little L, Love foolosophy, canned heat, you give me something
Amy Winehouse - Valerie
Madonna - Hung up, sorry, jump
Sugababes - about you now
Potential Breakup song
Goodbye MrA
Worried about Ray
Hot Stuff
Don't Stop till you get enough
Billie Jean
Are you gonna be my girl
My Favourite game (the cardigans)
I see you baby (megane ad)

Has anyone any suggestions about something different I could put on - something good and upbeat that can really get these massive hips moving.

Pink's latest album has a great beat to it, so does anything by Bon Jovi. or how about some of the slower rave music, like Cascada?

kylie wow wow wow!! brill song!!
ultrabeat - i wanna touch you
basshunter -now your gone
britney
cascada
justin timberlake oooh yes!!
tiesto

:brainfart:

Hi Hun,

My fav song for hill walking on the treadmill is David Jordan, Sun goes down,

Then my fav song to lift my spirit is "from New York to LA" in the style of patsy gallant, but think that this is my personal taste more than anything, think it can be described as a camp song, but worth a listen :) also features in the Pam ann shows if anyone has seen her,

Love you

>BIG HUGS<

Mark
xx

1,2, step -Ciara
9-5 - Dolly Parton
I'm coming out - Diana Ross
I don't feel like dancing - scissor sisters
I'm still standing - Elton John
Fighter and Can't Hold me down -Christina Aguilera
just about all of MIKA's album is brilliant for gettin ya up off yer bum.
I love RocknRoll - Joan Jett

Also anything 80s and anything they'd play in glamarama on a friday night ;)

I have loadsa walking lists on the aul' iPod lol - I take it very seriously lmao

actually your list is uncannily like one of mine! lol

Hey another Ipod walker here!!

I love to listen to music when I walk I love all kinds of music

Keane or coldplay is a favourite, U2... how about of motown to get those hips moving... of how about some 70's disco music... you can be booging down the road whilst walking the dog! :)

how about of motown to get those hips moving... of how about some 70's disco music... you can be booging down the road whilst walking the dog! :)

Ah - there's the risky thing you see - I'm already bopping down the road and trying not to sing out loud. Do you think I'd be able to pull off Michael Jackson style twirls and stuff.:giggle:... I seriously doubt it myself.

Thanks for the suggestions guys I'll definitely have a look into them. - any more ideas out there?

Hey, if you go onto your itunes, you can download a few freebies for power walking tunes, and then if you like them you can buy the albums they are great, especially for keeping a quick beat to walk with. Some are just tunes some are songs. Sometimes the pump it up albums for keep fit are good too! I used to listen to the radio but ended up walking slower because I was so engrossed in what they were saying, and then i got the fright of my life one day when a massive great dane ran past me and I didn't hear her owners calling or the dog catching up with me! Since then im a one ear in, one ear out type of listener lol

Ah - there's the risky thing you see - I'm already bopping down the road and trying not to sing out loud. Do you think I'd be able to pull off Michael Jackson style twirls and stuff.:giggle:... I seriously doubt it myself.

Well if you get a pair of flares out and get your hair in a nice affro style people would be taking more notice of what your wearing than of you booging!!!:D

Oh girls stop your so funny!
Im havin visions of a lady dancing down the road doin the moon walk in flares!

Hav u heard Timbalands album? der some good songs on it worth a try!
if ya lik i can give u my msn addy and send u a few!
let me no

lmao - sudden great danes and funky flares -ya can't beat it!

I am just trying to create a GYM playlist on my mobile phone (which has an MP3 player, and 2GB memory - ie LOADS). I've loads of music but it's motivational stuff with a really good beat that I want, to try and encourage me to up my speed.

So far I have got

1. Shut up and Drive by Rhianna
2. Rush Hour by Jane Wiedlin (but it's a dancey re-mix version, I dunno who by)
3. Here comes the rain again (again, a dancy version, but it is Annie Lennox singing...future of vision
4. Incredible by the Shapeshifters
5. Lets Dance (hot stuff) by Craig David.
6. Wow, Wow, Wow by Kylie (my fave song of hers ever, I think).
7. We are Your Friends - Justice V Simian
8. Yeah, Yeah by Bodyrox
9. Ruby - Kaiser Chiefs
10. Shine by Booty Luv

At the moment on mine I have

Kylies ... body language album .... all of it is good funky stuff.
Kylies X album ... especially wow wow wow YES I AM A KYLIE FAN!
Bobby Brown .. Dance ya know it.
Cascada ... excellent walking album!

xx

Paula - I love listening to music so much it's amazing I've managed to stop myself from dancing whilst I'm walking so far.......

Thanks for the suggestions guys - keep them coming.

Back