Warning: Food talk inside. Kitchen Supply shops for Jam/Jelly/Canning supplies?

Thats exactly right - seeds and nuts are an amazing source of nutrients and some are very low gi.

I do not go crazy - but to be honest in a recipy a very few gos a very long way - this salad recipe for example will make at least 5 bowls - there are only about 15 pecans in the whole recipe, about 1 tablespoon of pumpin and 1 t pine nuts....so you can see, there are not many. :)

Well, had a little play in the kitchen.....taking a break and maybe more later.

Have the crock pot simmering away with a Scoth Broth of well trimmed lamb, swede, carrots, celery, onions, yellow split peas, leeks and barley. Will make a nice dinner, with one of my beautiful globe artichokes on the side. I will make a lemon/yogurt/garlic dipping sauce for it, using my Tofu Mayonaise as a base. Yum yum yum.....artichokes!! My favourite!!

Traditionally in America we just eat them dipping into plain mayo, or garlic-soy-butter. But going to start a new trend so will play around with the sauce. Any ideas welcome!

Next, I made a "Carmelised Onion & Garlic" Hummus. I fell into some really special garlic - home grown and a lovely intense fragrence and flavour, so using that and an onion carmelised using fry-lite to cook and a sprinkling of sugar. Got it cooking down nicely and splashed some balsamic on the mix and let it reduce to a gooey gorgeous glaze. Then ground it up with the usual Hummus mixture of chick peas, lemon juice and rind, tahini and olive oil. Only needed a very little bit of oil as the onions added a lot of moisture. Tasted great, but needed a little after-kick so added a bit of smoked paprika and dash or two of cayenne.....chilling now.

If thyme allows, har har, :D, I am going to concoct some sort of fruit and cousecoud salad. Will call it Fruits-cous :D

Couscous, with red or spring onion, satsuma, pomegranates, avocado, bit of pineapple, a bit of coriander lead and a balsamic dressing, served on a bed of Rocket and baby spinach. Hope its nice. Sounds nice in my head! :D

Well, best get on to some other things!

Happy cooking cooking friends! :D

Made my FruitsCous Salad....scrummy!! Like a bowl of sunshine on a rainy day!

FruitsCous Salad

Couscous
2 Satsumas, pleeled, cut in half across the sections, then broken apart
2 Kiwi, pleeled, halved and sliced
1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
1/2 cup pineapple chunks
1/3 red onion, slices thin
1 stalk celery sliced thin
Fresh parsley and Coriander
Toasted Pecans -small handfull, broken in bits (make sure OK in your stage of RTM, or leave out)

Dressing:

Greek Yogurt
Lime zest and juice of 1 lime
2-3 tsp honey
1 chunk pickled ginger, chopped fine
1 tsp syrup from ginger
Chili Powder to taste.

Serve with Avocado on bed of Rocket and mixed greens.

(as usual, measurements are guestimates - I don't measure. I just cook. lol)

Holiday from Hollandaise :D

Well, this works for me as a substitute for the decadent Hollandaise Sauce....

3 egg yolks
2 tsp lemon juice and a bit of zest
1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt

dill or parsley (or not!)
Salt and Pepper

Whisk yolks, yogurt and lemon juice over a double boiler simmering nicely, until sauce thickens.

Stir in seasonings.

Scrummy!

That will be my artichoke accompaniment. :)

Its very lush, and hardly misses the butter!!

Back