Water

bo_lady

On average how much do u drink?

Have u noticed any significant difference if itsmore or less??

Anna xx

I drink about 6 litres a day. If I go too long without water I get a headache.

I've been having a few dizzy spells of late so have increased my water intake to nearer 8 litres for the past few days.:eek: Hopefully I'll be able to drop back to 6 litres a.s.a.p because I'm spending more time in the toilet than any other room in the house.:D

Wow that is a lot of water, I have been bad the last couple of days struggling to get 2 litres down. I find 3-4 litres is good for weight loss.

Wow that is a lot of water, I have been bad the last couple of days struggling to get 2 litres down. I find 3-4 litres is good for weight loss.

It is a sruggle to drink such a large quantity of water, but its just down to planning. You have to make sure you have water available at all times and swig as often as poss. I down about a litre every 60-90 mins throughout the day.
I try to stop drinking by around 9pm otherwise I'm up all night peeing.:)

Above the required intake with CD water consumption is quite a personal thing - I personally drink, on average, between 3.5-4lt a day. Somedays I might drink more but never more than 5.5lt as this seems to be the limit for my body (I am 5ft7in) and as you will have probably seen on this forum from previous threads drinking too much can kill.

To be honest I don't know how much my water intake affects my losses - as you can see from my signature my weekly losses are quite variable but always in the right direction. I find though that I need to drink at least my 3.5 to stop my stomach from grumbling at me to much and to feel hydrated - Last week I did have one day where I only managed the basic intake andI felt like I had a hangover the next day I felt so dehydrated :(.

. Somedays I might drink more but never more than 5.5lt as this seems to be the limit for my body (I am 5ft7in) and as you will have probably seen on this forum from previous threads drinking too much can kill.

At what level Ruth does too much water kill. I'm a relative newbie and have not read this on the forums. Would like to know if my levels would be detrimental too me. Do u have a link to the thread in question?

Leave it with me - I will try and find the thread now.

I normally have about 3-4 litres a day.. i find anymore and i tend to feel extra bloated, and i cant afford the extra loo rolls.. lol

There is no specific amount which is too much, it depends on an inividuals height and frame etc the important thing is not to drink too much too quickly - I have found that if I drink a lot quickly or more than 5.5lt in a day I start to feel really light-headed and woozy and have no energy.

There are some useful links about water intoxication on this thread:
http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/15412-too-much-water.html

I feel that the trick with water is to start with the required amount as dictated by CD and build up to a level at which you are comfortable.

I used to drink about 4-5 litres when i first started, then on odd weeks i could only manage about 3-4 and i actually lost more weight during these weeks. So i stick to this amount.

Back