Water

gingette

I was just wondering how much everyone manages to drink a day? Also (and this sounds daft) how do you know if you are retaining water?

Thank you!

:tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop:

i had my mid week weigh in yest and i told my C that i was drinking 2 small bottles of water and a couple of coffeess... obv not enough! so she said about lining up 6 small bottle of water in the morning and aiming ot get thru them by end of day xx hope this helps

I have a 1.5l jug at work which I fill in the morning, aim to finish around lunchtime, and then refill for the afternoon. I then know I've had a good basic amount of water and any teas/coffees are a bonus. When I first started I was worried about drinking too much/too little, but with trial and error have found I really do need to drink this much. Little and often is key though!

I have a 1.5l jug at work which I fill in the morning, aim to finish around lunchtime, and then refill for the afternoon. I then know I've had a good basic amount of water and any teas/coffees are a bonus. When I first started I was worried about drinking too much/too little, but with trial and error have found I really do need to drink this much. Little and often is key though!

how many small bottles are 2 litres???

If you have the 500 ml ones, then 4 bottles xx

I aim to drink between 2 and 3 litres a day... I have a 1ltr Evian bottle which I just re-use, and have it with me at all times... The idea is to create the 'Water Wheel' effect... sipping small amounts, and often, as if you were trying to keep a water wheel gently turning around...

There are 2 schools of thought as to whether you add the water used in food packs to your overall quota for the day... so I just aim for at least 2 litres from my bottle (Government guide lines say 2.25lts a day is recommended for an adult), and then anything on top from packs etc is a bonus! Some people benefit from having 3 or 4 litres a day, and it can assist their weight loss greatly... others can find it inhibits their losses... it's trial and error I'm afraid...

Regarding retaining water, basically, for your body to function at it's best, you need to be thoroughly hydrated... If your body isn't getting enough water, it'll retain what you do have, which could leave you bloated, and in our case, not losing weight on the scales.

I found some interesting stuff on the internet which I saved a while back, as were curious about this myself when I started...

It might help explain a bit better:

"Water retention is more than uncomfortable bloating and swelling; it's a sign that the body is not functioning properly. It's also an indication that your body is transforming food into stored body fat. Water retention is your body asking for what it really needs.

Causes of Water Retention

Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., a registered dietician, notes that high sodium intake and certain health conditions are causes of water retention. Water retention is the body's misguided way of storing the water it needs for when it is not getting enough water.

Water and Weight Loss

Adequate hydration allows the body to relieve itself of stored water, leading to immediate water-weight loss. Hydration also aids in burning fat for even greater weight loss. When the kidneys are functioning properly, less work is demanded from the liver so it can metabolize calories, rather then turning them into stored fat. Zeratsky also recommends eating more fruits and vegetables for their water content. Drinking sufficient water first gets rid of water weight, then allows for regular weight loss to occur.

Diuretic Options

Diuretics are drugs or natural substances that cause the body to expel excess water. "Dandelion, ginger and juniper may have a diuretic effect," according to Zeratsky, but she warns that natural diuretics or supplements can be harmful, especially if you're taking other medications. Caffeine is a common ingredient in over-the-counter diuretics, but it can have negative effects on the heart. The absolute best and safest diuretic, according to a wide number of sources including Zeratsky, is plenty of water."

Hope that helps... :D

xx

Back