Water

not sure but I know it can make you ill if you over do it!

Six litres does sound like quite a bit...it will certainly add pounds in terms of its weight, but will be excreted within a couple of hours.

You need to be very careful because water can dilute our body salts to such an extent that it can cause heart failure. Very rare but it has happened.

if you are drinking lots of water make sure it is spaced out over the day and not all at once.

On this diet I think 2 litres is not enough - but between 3 and 4 might be about right. try cutting back slightly just to see.

Just my opinion by the way. But too much water along with the liquid content of the food is going to make you quite bloated i would have thought and send your kidneys into overdrive!

Good grief! 6 litres!!! Do you live in the loo??? I struggle with 2.5 litres and wished I'd taken out shares in Andrex.

Wow 6 is a lot, I usually manage 4 x

hi i would advise you to cut back to around 4ltrs, i was in hospital early last year and a lady had drank 5ltrs and the salts in her body had diluted and she was being admitted for further tests, i totes agree with nzmegs 2-3ltrs is usually enough, drink to thirst hun, please make sure you do not get ill and good luck with the rest of your journey xxx

Being constantly thirsty is also a sign of diabetes. Just an aside, but worth mentioning. Don't want to worry you though - I am sure that in your case you have simply built up a tolerance to water.

oh, and coffee and tea are diuretics and will make you pee more often. So they could be contributing to you feeling thirsty. maybe cut back on tea and coffee and see if that helps.

regards the bloating. Having too much water in your stomach will cause the stomach acids to dilute as well and they won't work as well as they should at processing your food. this could lead to a bloated feeling too.

Back