WATER!

nay

Hey all

I just wondered if you drink less than 2 litres is that gonna hinder your weight loss on CD?

xxx

Drinking water is really important on this diet as you're not getting what you usually would from food. Don't know about it affecting the weight loss, but you need to drink at least 2 litres to flush the ketones out of your system and keep healthy.
X

Thanks beanflower.

I just did the unthinkable and stepped on the scales having felt I hadnt lost any more and I've put on 4 lb since Monday but I don't know how!!! I'm absolutely gutted!!!!

Don't stress about it, sometimes it happens that way. I'm usually on here if you want a buddy :)
How long have you been on CD?
X

Don't stress about it, sometimes it happens that way. I'm usually on here if you want a buddy :)
How long have you been on CD?
X

I'm on my 4th week, lost 17 lb so far. Have some really hard days and some not so much :) How long have you been doing it?

And yes! Please! Need a buddy!!

xxx

That's a brilliant loss! I'm on week 3, and 11lbs down so far.

One of the girls I know who's also on CD reckons she loses more when she's been drinking more water. Not sure how true that is though

X

When I have had rubbish losses it was down to not drinking enough water, personally I do think it makes an impact. And like Beanflower said you NEED the 2.25 litres to make up for what you're losing so not meeting that each day will affect more than your weight loss in the long run x

I'm no scientist, but I think if you don't drink enough water your body will retain it rather than passing it so it can affect your losses but it will be water weight rather than fat. Plus you'll get all sorts of nasty symptoms like headaches, cramp, constipation etc

well done on your loses so far and dont worry about that 4lbs - your weight fluctuates all the time depending on time of day, amount you've drunk, when you last had a shake, TOTM etc. I bet when you go for your weigh in it won't show!

Keep up the good work! x

I did Cambridge twice not drinking all the water recommended, lost well on both occasions, but am doing even better now and I think the difference is that this time I am drinking loads of water.

I've also heard that not drinking water may cause you to retain fluid which is likely to show as a gain - fluid is so heavy. Was carrying a 2 litre jug of water about yesterday and couldn't believe the weight of it.

Haven't drank as much water as I should have today and my husband says my breath is rank. Nice.

Today is day 6 for me on my 1st week on CD.

At 1st the drinking water was difficult. However I have found having a schedule works. I aim to have one litre before every shake. Makes it easer and I'm clearing 3-4 litres easily.

As people have said above, not drinking enough will cause fluid retention which will tip the scales up :( I think a scheduled approach is best, I force myself to drink a litre before each shake so I definitely get 3 litres a day then I usually have a little extra after the last shake. I understand you're not supposed to drink more than 4 litres a day? Anyway, I also drink my water as cold as possible cos my body uses up calories heating it up :)

Drinking too much water at once can cause a dangerous condition called water intoxication, when your kidneys can't cope with the amount of fluid, and the chemical balance of your blood starts to alter. It is one of the reasons people say VLCDs are dangerous. I've seen tabloid articles criticising other VLCDs after dieters became ill due to water binges. This is why Cambridge tell you to spread your water through the day. I'm sure HQ or CDCs could give more advice on whether there is a maximum amount of water allowed or whether you should have as much as you can but just pace it.

Wow water intoxication!!!

I definetlt manage the 3 litres now without feeling sick.

The schedule does work for me it makes it's a comfortable task.

Im known for my rubbish water intake n my cdc is forever telling me to increase. All my weigh ins prove that the weeks i drank lots of water i had amazing losses. I would pretty much lose double the normal amount. The water flushes out the ketones n all the rest of the rubbish in our bodies. It also keeps the hunger away. I hate it but its true. Drink more n u will see the difference.

Apparently its also good for ur skin n limits the amount of saggy skin (but im not sure water is that amazing to be able to do this)

I once drank 6 litres in the space of 3 hours while our dancing and yes I got drink on water. Was shivery, dizzy, shaky, the room was spinning. Not pleasant at all.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I manage 2ltrs a day plus 3 mugs of coffee, i`m only 5ft tall and i really can`t manage anymore fluids
dont think it makes much difference to the weight loss but i try not to drink an hr before weigh in and pee like mad lol

kaz

I drink loads - probably 4-5 litres a day but then again, when I'm eating food I drink 3-4 litres a day at least. I'm worried now that I might be drinking too much - do you think I should try to reduce it?

I don't think you're supposed to drink more than 4litres a day but if that's how much you usually drink I can't see the harm x

Back