what has SW done for you?

mcv

Silver Member
It was our miss slinkey night last night, and our C asked the nomonies to say a few words about what SW has done for them etc. and wondered what every ones story was here.

I tried SW before i had my daughter, we were struggling to conceive and was told by the dr that i should be in tip top condition. I had around a stone and a half to loose. I joined with a friend but the group wasnt very good, it was run by two retired ladies and the vast majority of members were older retired ladies. we went for a while, lost interest then i became pregnant. After having my son a couple of us mums from school decided to go to a local meeting. I needed to loose about 2 stone, i talked the talk and walked the walk but my heart wasnt in it and we stopped going. Then we decided we would go it alone doing our own little group at home, save us some money too.
That definately didnt work. Then getting our backsides into gear me and my friend rejoined. This time i needed to loose about 3 1/2 stone. To date i have lost 19 1/2 lb and now have 28lb left to loose. I take it in small chunks and my goal at the moment is to loose 1 1/2lb every week to christmas.
Eating healthily and loosing the weight has made me feel so much better, in myself. The group i go to is friendly and we all have a good laugh. I havent got to target as quickly as i had wanted to but that doesnt matter, slow and steady and aiming to keep it off in the long term is now my goal. And i will still be going to group once at target, because Mondaey night is my night. No Hubbie, No children just a good laugh, a good chat and a good cuppa to enjoy.

Its helped me learn to be really happy with my apperance. I am now confident enough to do almost anything - including my holiday earlier this year where I wasn't one of the larger ladies round the pool I was one of the slimmers :D :D

Its also helped me learn about neutrition & cook some lovely meals - I have tried so many foods I wouldn't have done if it wern't for slimming world.

Its also put a big dent in my savings as I now have a wardrobe full of nice new small clothes!!!! :D x

SW for me has taught me how to cook food from scratch before I ever learnt the evil ways of oil lol :D as i moved out of home just 4 weeks into my SW journey! This means ive never thought about buying ready meals or anything similar as to me its just as easy to cook :)

SW has taught me how terrible I was about eating before. I have always loved cooking, but the WAY I cooked was bad. I used cream in all my sauces, went through 2 blocks of butter a week frying, or on jacket spuds etc... I am actually LOVING cooking healthy stuff and to be honest, it tastes MUCH better.

It's also given me confidence, I have very few pics of me before because I hated being in pics, this year I told hubby I BETTER be in them. I've even bought myself a DRESS for christmas, and I never wear dresses! I've started wearing make up and accessories, and fitted tops, where as before I would just cover up.

It's also taught me to accept compliments. Before if anyone complimented me on anything, I would come back with a sarcastic comment or put myself down in some way. Now when people say something I take it graciously.

I just can't believe I never did it before!

S.world has done so so much for me!
It has made me realise I do have will power that always thought I didn't!
Its made me 7 stone 3lbs lighter (hopefully more later!) made me feel slimmer and confident enough to ride a bike, play netball and other exercise activities!
Its made my children and family members proud of me!
Endless stuff!
and this thread has reminded me that i need to take something with me tonight for Miss.Slinky lol a nice soup I think...best get cooking! Thats something else...its made me cook nice things from scratch that I never thought I could before!
Yay s.world!

As a person who was overweight their entire adult life, SW had shown me ME- what I actually look like underneath the layers!

I never realised how big I was because being big had always been my 'normal', it is only now I have lost the weight that I see how large I had become. I have cheekbones and a collarbone and thin wrists and quite a nice trim waist- even my feet went down a size!!!!

Aww these are lovely.

For me SW has meant I can walk! I've just got back from a walk to the shops which I now do a few times a week just because I can. Before I couldn't walk to the car without a lot of pain. I've a long way to go still but being able to walk and look after myself properly is huge and I'll always be thankful to SW for that. It's made me realise that I have control over myself when I really believed before that I didn't. I <3 SW.:D

SW made me realise how bad my eating habits were - now I eat just as much as I did before, but much healthier. I still have plenty of treats but in moderation instead of a free for all!

Apart from looking and being better/healthierfrom losing weight, the biggest thing I've gained from SW is confidence - I no longer feel people are laughing at me and talking about my weight (they probably weren't anyway!) and I don't shy away as much as I used to.

SW has taught me something i was just reflecting on today actually. its taught me taste, when i eat something i can know its soo oily, or i can really taste the sweetness, if its just sweetner or the sugar etc. its really made me understand food a lot better.

its taught me that aiming to become a healthy weight means changing ur lifestyle to being healthy ... fantastic !

Wow this thread is really inspirational - well done on your hard work everyone, you should all be really proud of what you've acheived :)

This is only my fourth week on SW, but losing weight has made such a difference to my confidence already. I spent the last few months in denial mooching around in big baggy tees / jumpers and leggings combos (not attractive!) and i'm so happy I can finally get back into some nice jeans and feel good about myself! Joining SW was a pretty snap decision but i'm so glad I made it xx

SW has taught me how terrible I was about eating before. I have always loved cooking, but the WAY I cooked was bad. I used cream in all my sauces, went through 2 blocks of butter a week frying, or on jacket spuds etc... I am actually LOVING cooking healthy stuff and to be honest, it tastes MUCH better.

It's also given me confidence, I have very few pics of me before because I hated being in pics, this year I told hubby I BETTER be in them. I've even bought myself a DRESS for christmas, and I never wear dresses! I've started wearing make up and accessories, and fitted tops, where as before I would just cover up.

It's also taught me to accept compliments. Before if anyone complimented me on anything, I would come back with a sarcastic comment or put myself down in some way. Now when people say something I take it graciously.

I just can't believe I never did it before!

Helen, I second your comments. Exactly the same for me. My kids and hubby are prefectly healthy but I was not. Could not understand why as I cooked. SW has made me a better cook! If you ask my three kids if they want mcdonalds or mummy's burgers I win everytime. I think in this day and age this is brilliant. They all turn there nose at fast food! Our eldest is 11 tomorrow and she said please will you make home made meatballs. She doesn't want any party crap most kids would ask for. I think its fab. Hopefully the kids will follow me and love to cook and stay healthy!

It has given me back my life !!!

I appeared to be confident and assured on the surface whilst every minute of every day I hated the me I was then.

I have read this thread with great interest and looking at some of your stats' you are a pretty amazing bunch. The weight losses are truly amazing.

Great thread !!!

SW has taught me that you dont have to diet to lose weight - you just have to eat healthily.

As a result of that simple fact, I have lost weight more sucessfully than I have ever done before and I am confident I know how to keep it off.

It has cost me a small fortune in new clothes though but I now look how I thought I looked, but didn't, all along!

SW has changed my life so much in so many ways. I absolutely love going clothes shopping now and it's great to be able to wear so many different things now to show off my figure rather than hide it. I'm much more confident and I feel so much healthier. I also feel a lot, lot younger and don't feel like I'm nearly 50 at all.

Excellent thread! SW has taught me quality over quantity. Using my syns on things that I would've had in excess before, but in much healthier quantities and enjoying it to the fullest.

It's also taught me that I can actually be healthy, the true feeling of being full and that even though I have a long way to go, I can do it.

Back