what keeps you going?

laurenxx23

i keep feeling like giving up but i am determined not to....
what makes you snap out of a slump and carry on???

going to group
thinking into the long term - what will I weigh on my daughter's 1st birthday for example
Lurking on here
Knowing that I do not yet have a healthy BMI
Oh and I am also a fan of getting shiny stickers and certificates!

just thinkin what will happen to my weight should i quit!? and look back at pics before i lost any weight n think god i am not goin back there!! also little incentives, like £1 per lb lost plus £5 for every sticker be it 1/2st awards, SOTW, SOTM, club10 etc..£75 to date :) will spend on new clothes once i get to target! also i got a tattoo once i reached 1/2way to target, just a little reminder of how well i have done! :) oh and DEFFO going to group!!! lol i would not be able to stick to it without the fear of someone else seeing my gains!! lol

Various things keep me going - I've told all my work colleagues I'm doing SW but none of my actual everyday mates and so in one respect my workmates are keeping me going by constantly asking how I'm doing/motivation by fear of failure or embarassing myself in front of them if I give up and I'm keeping myself going with thoughts of how some of my friends I only see a couple of times a year are going to react the next time they see me.

Thinking of all the lovely clothes I'll be able to buy once I'm slimmer.

Knowing that the next time I go to the doctors/family planning clinic I'm not going to be patronised and told off like a little girl for being overweight even though the reason you're there in the first place has sweet FA to do with your weight (eg going to a doctors for eczema or antibiotics for a virus etc).

That self conscious feeling I have now when I'm out in public, with a big red face, trying to do exercise - all those people staring at me, well soon they won't be thinking haha look at the whale, they'll be thinking wow look at her go!

But most of all what keeps me going is knowing that I'm doing something for myself for a change - knowing that I WANT to lose weight and BELIEVING that I can and will and being fully prepared to make huge sacrifices in order to achieve my goal, and that knowing that I never want to go back to how I was before, embarassed on aeroplanes, unable to find clothes to even do exercise in, full of self loathing, comfort eating and apathy - the old me is dead, long live the new me!

I have a list taped behind my clothes in my wardrobe of all the things I hate about being overweight..... I look at that when I feel a slump coming on, it usually brings me out of it.
It also halos that my mum, 2 sisters and a couple of my friends all follow slimming world so we help each other!

Knowing I'm doing the best thing for my health, I've stopped smoking and lost over 3 stone this year, I must be much healthier inside.

Also thinking if I wasn't sticking to plan what would I be doing? Eating crap foods and gaining more weight and be back to where I started?

If I don't lose this weight it's unlikely that I'll ever have kids. And even if by some miracle I did I wouldn't be in the best health I could be. That's it really.

Back