What's on Your Reading List?

Potatogirl

There is only now
You know how it is. You love an author and bought everything he/she's ever written..now you've got a book backlog on your beside table. (Mine is threatening to kill me whilst I sleep.)

My pending pile includes but is not limited to:

Sky Burial - Xinran
Miss Chopsticks - Xinran (you seeing a theme?)
Cloud of Sparrows - Takashi Matsuoka
Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman
The Unconsoled - Kazuo Ishiguro
Six not so easy Pieces - Richard Feynman
No Logo - Naomi Klein

:sigh:

Hi

New to this forum and pleasantly surprised that there's a book club here too. Just wanted to say that I loved Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman - not usually my sort of thing at all but really loved it.

Anything by Tess Gerritsen or Karin Slaughter. Also Jonathan Nasaw. A bit grisly but very gripping.

Anything by Tess Gerritsen or Karin Slaughter. Also Jonathan Nasaw. A bit grisly but very gripping.

I'll have a look at these..I love gripping. Couldn't put the Stieg Larsson stuff down.

I'll have a look at these..I love gripping. Couldn't put the Stieg Larsson stuff down.

Tess Gertitsen is a brilliant author, if you like her you may like Val McDermid, Kath Reichs ;)

You know how it is. You love an author and bought everything he/she's ever written..now you've got a book backlog on your beside table. (Mine is threatening to kill me whilst I sleep.)

My pending pile includes but is not limited to:

Sky Burial - Xinran
Miss Chopsticks - Xinran (you seeing a theme?)
Cloud of Sparrows - Takashi Matsuoka
Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman
The Unconsoled - Kazuo Ishiguro
Six not so easy Pieces - Richard Feynman
No Logo - Naomi Klein

:sigh:

My TBR is huge, 100's of books to be read! in the last 2 weeks alone, at least 30 books have made it's way to my shelves lol!

Have you read Remains of the Day? I've read Xinran, i like a lot of Chinese/Japanese authors and books set there.
Jung Chang is brilliantas is Chang Rong :D

My TBR is huge, 100's of books to be read! in the last 2 weeks alone, at least 30 books have made it's way to my shelves lol!

Have you read Remains of the Day? I've read Xinran, i like a lot of Chinese/Japanese authors and books set there.
Jung Chang is brilliantas is Chang Rong :D

Ishiguro is wonderful - really haunting stuff. I haven't read "Remains of the Day" because I avoid things that have been adapted into films. I might give it look.
I haven't heard of Chang Rong - thanks for that will have a look.

I'm reading Cloud of Sparrows by Takashi Matsuoka at the moment which is as wonderful as the Tales of the Otori stuff Lian Hearn has done. It's so measured and classic yet still very accessible..

Back