Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

What's on your shopping list?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Without The Pounds' started by Purple Hugs, 9 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Purple Hugs

Purple Hugs Loves weight.. training!

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just wondered what you are considering buying for baby or yourself.

I'd really like some maternity cropped jeans, I LIVE in jeans but am concious I need to get my legs out this summer being pregnant and all! lol I'm slimmer and suprised myself by wearing a skirt and actually liking my legs in it last week :D
    I'm thinking top wise of the strappy ones that have a good bust coverage but are baggy underneath - that should do me for the summer :) And then after that it'll be autumn / winter so can invest in proper maternity stuff.

Baby wise I'm thinking of the Asda baby event Steam steriliser as it's down to £25! But honestly it's a bit early so i'm not 100% sure if I should just wait. :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. shelbell

shelbell Trainee Human On Board

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    9st9lb(46.71%)
    Diet:
    Gastric Bypass
    I'll have to tell you mine after the baby show next weekend!

We've picked a pram system, my mother wants to get it for us so its a Mamas & Papas Ultima, haven't decided on colour.

I've just picked up some maternity clothes through freecycle, and have bought some from eBay today. I have a definate little bump now so don't think my clothes will last much longer.

I like the tommee tippee bottles and steriliser, so we will probably go with those closer to the time.

4. Purple Hugs

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    :) congrats on the bump! My tummy has definately expanded since I was on CD unfortunately! lol I can't pretend i'm not a little gutted but will be nice when I know it's baby and not just bloating or me! :D
    I'm trying not to look 'fat' for the first 6 months.. that happened with my eldest and I didn't help it by dressing in baggy clothes I must admit.
    Will have to browse ebay :)

Hubby and I saw a buggy we'd like, we'd like a lightweight one with a seperate car seat, so far anyway. :) We did this with our foster babies over the years and it worked well for being flexible. :)

5. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd
    I've ordered my pram, I got the quinny buzz it's being delivered on the 31st July. I bought the tommee tipee steam steriliser a few weeks ago and a friend gave me a bouncy chair & moses basket, just need to get a new mattress and some sheets for that. Bought a couple of packs of nappies and some wipes, so think I've got most of it.

I need to get some clothes for the baby and a baby monitor and I think that will do. Will go and buy anything else I need after baby arrives, then I will know to buy pink or blue.

6. Purple Hugs

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Have you got cotton wool for the meconium (spell check) it works much better than wipes I've found (with warm water). :) just for the first few days.

I didn't know you could buy mattresses for moses baskets, we have been given a lovely moses basket but I'd feel more comfortable with a new mattress in it.

7. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd
    Ooh I forgot about cotton wool. Yes you can buy moses basket matresses in mothercare for about £10.

8. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Yes I bought a new moses basket mattress at Mothercare but be careful as there are different sizes.

Irene xx

9. Purple Hugs

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks both :) will have measure up and get one later on then :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.