What's the most extravagant thing you've bought this Chrimbo?

dizzy-n-mizzy

Not dieting ATM!
Now the stone cold soberness of the new year has hit along with the credit card bills hitting the doormat. What's the most extravagant things you bought over the Christmas period and how do you feel about it now?

I have just opened a tin of biscuits that I bought from the local deli 'delicious' on the local Christmas shopping night. I was carried away by the Christmas mood and bought them just because I liked the tin! They cost £13.75. I just counted the individually paper wrapped amaretti's, there are 19. (Don't worry they look too posh to scoff!)

Yes extravagant but at least it's a small extravagance and I will use the tin and it will look good on the shelf in my kitchen. Moneys definitely tight at the moment but I forgive myself this one!

How about all of you?

Oo, good topic!

Let's see...my biggest extravagance was probably a combination of all the stuff I bought on Christmas Eve. I had bought every gift except for one, and I also wanted to grab some tights and paper hankies from Boots. So I went into town, and I bought:

- THREE gifts all for the same person, instead of just one, costing about twice what I intended to spend.
- two boxes of paper hankies, and a packet of hair dye (my roots really do need doing, so this wasn't extravagant)
- a party dress from Debenhams (er...it was on sale!)
- another gift for someone I'd already bought for, but it was one of those things I couldn't resist
- and yet another little stocking filler for my mum
- Starbucks pre-pay card for myself

The most amusing part was that after all this I decided to go to ASDA for the tights after all, because they were a bit expensive from Boots. :eek:

I must stress that up until Christmas Eve I was really sensible, restrained and organized!

Hi Kate

I think a little out of control shopping on Christmas Eve puts you in the mood.

I too bought prepay Starbuck and Costa cards I thought they were a little indulgence that would be well worth it. Don't forget to register your card. That's on my to do list for the day.

Dizzy x

Dizzy, I think you're right. I've been so busy that I hardly had time to get into the festive spirit (I'm usually a very Christmassy person) so I went a bit mad. I don't regret it! Although I probably would have done if the dress had been full price ;)

we had family pressies of a lap top & a 32" flat screen tv this xmas - thats pretty extravigant i guess !
told kids they were not getting much as santa was getting them for all of us, but they still got plenty !:eek:

we had family pressies of a lap top & a 32" flat screen tv this xmas - thats pretty extravigant i guess !
told kids they were not getting much as santa was getting them for all of us, but they still got plenty !:eek:

Cheryl that sounds like well thought out extravagant and not at all frivolous. Sure the whole family are enjoying all of that.

Dizzy x

!

I wish I has splashed out and bought mini me a Nintendo Wii....even though she hasnt even heard of them!!

Kazz I think you did the right thing not getting your little girl a Wii yet. Too young and girls are rarely as into these things as boys. We tried so hard to get our boys one though but it didn't come. They say we should get it mid Jan. Our three boys were disappointed not to get it. Damn the hype!

Come on, Nosey here! Who else made an extravagant purchase?

Dizzy x

A jacket for cycling in. It was £80!!! BUT, it is brilliant, and I will wear it to death! I needed a new one cos the old one I had was a man's Large one, and is so baggy that if the wind catches me it acts like a sail!

Sounds like a sensible buy. Nice to treat yourself to something a little extravagant but feel you can justify the cost.

You certainly deserve it and to ditch the old one.

Dizzy x

Sounds like a sensible buy. Nice to treat yourself to something a little extravagant but feel you can justify the cost.

You certainly deserve it and to ditch the old one.

Dizzy x

Thanks!! It was beginning to sound a bit like I was justifying a wee bit too much!!!

The most extravagant thing I bought this Christmas was a necklace for Mrs Brad from Tiffany's. Not the ones you need to remortgage your home for, but still extravagant all the same.
She had no idea, got it delivered to a friends address and paid for it on a friends card who I gave cash to.
My best thing I bought for me was a Ben Sherman leather coat on Christmas Eve for £40. Yahooooo. I love it so much, I virtually sleep in the thing. :D:D

The most extravagant thing I bought this Christmas was a necklace for Mrs Brad from Tiffany's. Not the ones you need to remortgage your home for, but still extravagant all the same.
She had no idea, got it delivered to a friends address and paid for it on a friends card who I gave cash to.
My best thing I bought for me was a Ben Sherman leather coat on Christmas Eve for £40. Yahooooo. I love it so much, I virtually sleep in the thing. :D:D

Well Brad buying jewellery for the Missus is never a frivilous extravagance is it?

The leather coat sounds well worth £40.

It always seems a waste of money spending too much money on clothes for a Man anyway!LOL:rolleyes:

Which husband school did you go to? I'd like to send mine there.

Dizzy x

My most extravagant purchase was just after xmas after reading about it on another thread. I bought a nintendo ds for myself cos i wanted to play the brain training game. well the game is rubbish, it doesn't recognise my voice when i say blue - wtf?? Anyone else having this problem?

The brain academy game however is fan bloody tastic - also bought super mario game (how childish am i?). So all in all £160 worth of gaming for moi!

Don't blame you Karen. Your worth it and work hard!

Haubbie likes the brain training game and is waiting to treat himself to the academy. Kids have the supermario too and love it. I don't have one but my brain need training that's for sure.

Did you get the girly pink one the sleek white or seductive black one?

Dizzy x

Back