When you lose lb's on the scale, how long till your body catches up?

Pinkie :)

Slowly shrinking again!
Hello all! :D

Just wondering if there was any scientific facts relating to this! I know some people notice their lb losses on their bodies almost straight away... but that isn't the case with me really...

The reason I ask is, I am back down to a weight which, in the past, I could fit a certain pair of trousers at! However, even though statistically they should fit me now, they are still a little tight on me... so was wondering when the most recent lbs I've lost, will catch up 'physically'?!

I try these trousers every day but still not quite in them! (They're hipster combats, so not at all forgiving to a muffin top!) :rolleyes:

It's my next milestone to get into them and the anticipation is killing me! Lol... ;)

TIA :D

xx

Hiya P, I'm giving advice based on the number of diets I've been on and times ive lost and gained weight. Size and body shape has less to do with weight than muscle/fat/water distribution. Meaning that a pound of fat and a pound of muscle weigh the same but take up different mass. It could well be that the last time you were at this weight you had a higher lean muscle mass to fat ratio so you were more compact and thus smaller in size. Also something to note, if you have previously lost a large amount of weight and then regained it, the fat comes back to different parts of your body. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply skinnysoon... :)

Hmm, that's interesting about the fat coming back to different parts of your body... I have yo-yo'd all my life, and am definitely a different shape now, than I was... so that'd explain it!

The last time I could fit these trousers though, was about a year and a half ago, and I don't think my muscle to fat ration was any different then...

I do know that my body takes a while to catch up with the loss. I lost weight years ago, about 6 stone, and went on holiday 2 weeks after I reached goal! And whilst I was away, I suddenly went down a bra size and none of my bras fitted!! Lol...

Just not sure exactly how long it takes to show... I know that the weeks I don't lose weight, I show inch loss, but surely that's from the weight lost in previous weeks, catching up?

It's all a bit confusing... :)

xx

Argh, i know what you mean pinkie, the weight i'm at now i was easily in a 20! But i'm not that :/.

Apparently the inches will drop off unexpectdly. So if you have a lower weight loss one week or w/e it'll show in inches a couple of weeks later.

You'll have them on in no time :p x

Yes they do!!!
Only up until recently I was only loosing from my top half and then just suddenly literally from one day to another my thighs and hips started shrinking. It's all about water in your fat cells and sometimes it travels up and down the body before it shifts for good.
Toning exercises and body brushing combined with firming body products def help. Take my advice as a beautician. Dry body brush every day! Starting from bottom working your way up and then Moisturise your body with a firming lotion. It really helps with water retention and circulation. Also it supports your fibreblasts in your skin so you won't get too much sagging.
Also try DIY body wrapping. Get a big roll of cling film and wrap your 'areas of concern' with it AFTER you had a hot bath and put a firming or anti cellulite body cream. Wrap around and snuggle into bed for an hour or so.
The heat will allow the product to absorb into your skin better and have a far more effective result! Your skin will feel wonderfully soft and firm!
:)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What's body brushing (I'm not a girlie girl lol)

You need a body brush which you can get from boots etc and you just basically start brushing your skin (dry is more effective) from your feet up in circular movements. Works wonders for your skin!

MagicLove you are a genius!!
I will try all of the above!

I have been creaming my whole body after every bath which i dont normally do... again not a girly girl, my skin feels great, i use one with a hint of fake tan as im horrendously pale! (think 80 year old mans legs) :ashamed0005: bad times i know!

Think i might alternate a firming cream with the hint of tan!
Toned and tanned brilliant combo!

Glad I could help ;)
Stunning picture Hun! Looking very girlie girl to me! ;)

Yeah, thanks for the info mags...

So, I'm a bit 'online' shopper... hate actual shops! So, any links you can offer, to an ideal body-brushing brush, would be great! :)

As for firming lotions afterwards, I've been using Nivea Firming Body Lotion... I am pleased enough with it, although don't notice any significant difference, but then, I don't know what my skin would be like now if I'd not used it, so... Lol... ;) Any thoughts on this product yourself hun?

xx

Actually go on spacenk.com and search for a Japanese wash cloth. It's phenomenal!!! Works just like a body brush but can also be used as a wash mitt. In terms of body lotions I use rodial body sculpture (which you can also get from spacenk) it's amazing!
And don't forget I have staff discount so can sort you out ;)

Oooh, just had a look at the products... The mitt looks good! I'll PM you about that, see if we can do a deal! ;)

The other product, although couldn't find it on the spacenk website, googled it, and found it there... but, even with your discount, think it may be a bit pricey for me at the mo... :(

xx

Glad I could help ;)
Stunning picture Hun! Looking very girlie girl to me! ;)

Thank you! Only just pulled together enough courage to put a picture up of myself! :ashamed0005:

depends on whether you were in ketosis when you last wore them hun , dont forget about 7 lb of weight is youre glycogen stores and if youre at the same weight now that you were when you last wore them and werent in ketosis then im guessing youll be about 7lb behind size wise (half a clothes size ??)
confused ??? you will be .... lol xxx

depends on whether you were in ketosis when you last wore them hun , dont forget about 7 lb of weight is youre glycogen stores and if youre at the same weight now that you were when you last wore them and werent in ketosis then im guessing youll be about 7lb behind size wise (half a clothes size ??)
confused ??? you will be .... lol xxx
Oooh, that's a very good point!

No, I was not in ketosis when I last wore them, hmm... in fact, I was just maintaining my weight, so was just eating normal stuff, so glycogen stores would have been full! :)

Hmm, interesting! Never thought of that! Clever you, aren't ya?! ;)

/On a side not, I am now about 3 or 4lbs lighter than when I started this thread (official weigh-in tomorrow morning!), and they do now fit! :D

xx

Twinny said:
Ooh I like the sound of the scrubby wash mitt *heads over to spacenk website*

How many shall I order for you guys then ;)

About 12 lol..... that might just cut it! :p

Back