Who before slimming world was on a low calorie diet

Me, but I had a 4 month hiatus & regained half of the 3 st I'd lost. So ive actually lost more like 5 st now.

You can succeed, some people find they have a slight gain on week 1, but you will start losing again. I did have bigger losses in vlcd, but I find sw is eating normally and I don't feel im on a diet whereas I did on a vlcd. I am committed to eating the sw way for life.

Lots of people around here have come from VLCD - even lower than your 1000 calories - and do very well on SW. So please try to stop worrying about it because it sounds like you are getting stressed out and that is one thing that can affect your losses.

I know you reckon you are heading for a gain but sneaky peeks on different scales do not mean anything. And even if you do gain a bit, that is only natural considering you are now eating normally. Your body will soon realise that you are not going to start depriving it of calories again and you will start losing again.

Yeah I think Im going to keep going I do feel slimmer this week even though I have made a gain

You can succeed, some people find they have a slight gain on week 1, but you will start losing again. I did have bigger losses in vlcd, but I find sw is eating normally and I don't feel im on a diet whereas I did on a vlcd.

How much have you lost on slimming world and what size did you get down too?

Little Miss Determined said:
How much have you lost on slimming world and what size did you get down too?

Replied to your pm hun:) keep going, sw is fantastic, it gives so much more freedom and flexibility compared to vlcd and try not to worry, it works so well! X

I did calorie counting for 4 months and only lost 6 lbs! Switched to Slimming World and lost a stone in 8 weeks. Haven't been able to weigh myself for 5 weeks as I'm in plaster and in crutches but it definitely seems to work more than calorie counting. I do mainly red and green as I don't trust myself on Extra Easy to exercise portion control!

and still succeeded with slimming world? :)

Do you weigh in at a group? If you do then you **have** to ignore what your scales are saying at home.

If you are weighing in at home, you need to make sure that you are weighing in *once* a week, at the same time that day (e.g 10am every Thursday, naked on the scales in the bathroom).

Do not sneaky peek! You are female and your weight *will* fluctuate during the course of a week. Ensure that you are following the plan and drinking enough fluids :)

Good luck and give it more than 1 week. Stick to it for a month and measure inches on your body too - bust, waist, hips, thighs and each arm. <- Do this every couple of months.

Back