Why are larger clothes more expense and never look as good??

Cee Cee

I want to feel good and enjoy shopping
With the New Year approaching - I am sharing my views with you all to see if you agree or can change my mind?

Nice sexy underwear - not any larger than a 12

Nightwear - think the stores believe anything over a size 14 should be covered up

If you want something extra nice, it costs a fortune and choice is limited

Let me know your thoughts, as mine is yes I agree more material needed yet they spend less time designing!

I find the majority of plus size stores cater for older people, ie over 50 (this is in no way me saying people over 50 are old!) The younger generation don't have a huge choice although ASOS curve have probably the best range. Only problem with them is that it's online only so no trying before you buy although they do free returns. Yours aren't too bad, their online stuff is much better than the shop though.

For nightwear I've got some really nice pj's from George at Asda, they go up to size 22. Think they do mix and match trousers and tops for £10.

Like you say Cee Cee they are all pretty expensive but they know they'll get away with it as choice is limited.

It would be great to find clothes that look good on - then photographing weight loss progress would be far better

Hey it will be a big advantage to buy fashionable clothes at a good price and enjoy shopping with its girl friends again.

To a new us in 2016 - it is approaching midday and I'm still on track today thank god

I certainly agree with some of that. Especially the nice underwear thing. Looking for good quality sexy undies in larger sizes and they are crazy expensive compared to smaller sizes.

Try Yours (yoursclothing if you're looking online). I think there's some pretty sexy lingerie on there and it's actual plus sized models on the site not a size 6. Their nightwear seems to err on the side of cutesy though I must admit. What I dislike is that Yours and Evans seem to do a load of shapeless/ waistless blouses which just make me look huge because I have big boobs.

Try Debenhams. I've been buying undies there since I was a size 24-26. Sainsburys I find do some nice plus sized clothing.
Unfortunately I can't justify buying clothes from debenhams apart from undies with how dear it is! May look in the sales now, though...

Plus sized facebook pages have been the biggest life saver for clothes for me.

Thanks all some great ideas in regard to looking good with clothes on, while the transformation of body shape changes underneath the clothes until the mirror shows a reflection that is one I am pleased to see.

I also want to feel better.

Over the past two days I have been looking after my grandsons who are 2 & 5yrs and weigh 2 and 3.5 stone which is a together is the total weigh I need to lose as this is the weigh I have put on over the past 6/7yrs.

I can just manage to carry my youngest grandson, so the thought of carrying both of them all the time seems crazy, yet this is what I do everyday, o wonder I am tired and eat high sugar food for energy.

Looking forward to changing my relationship with food and exercise.

Good luck all.

Back