Woodstock festival remembered 40 years on...

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Donnie46, 10 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Most of you are to young to remember The Woodstock Festival in the USA - (I'm not unfortunately)

Woodstock, the most famous music festival in rock 'n' roll history, took place 40 years ago on August 15-18, 1969.

Beatniks, hippies, flower children and rock legends gathered together not in Woodstock, but in the little town of Bethel, rural New York State.

They were protesting against the Vietnam War - they wanted to bring an end to it, but it has gone down in history as the greatest rock festival ever.

Such names as Dylan and Jimmi Hendrix were there.

There was lot's of 'pot' smoking and free love going on.

I was never a 'flower girl' or a 'hippie' - (my father would have disowned me) LOL... and I was busy planning my wedding at that time, but it was a festival that has gone down in history and should be remembered.

Read more: there are 40 fascinating facts here about Woodstock at this web site.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1204849/Forty-far-facts-knew-Woodstock.html#ixzz0NmB4gAPP

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.