words of wisdom

Rae Rae

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

Can anyone offer me some words of wisdom??

Ok,ive always suffered from constipation+since bein bk on Cd from may my little problem seems to have got worse so i started usin laxatives once a wk as it was becoming uncomfortable. I obviously dont want to use laxatives for the rest of my life so as i have gone up the plans to a 1000 i thought it would b a gud idea to start takin fibre supplements (shoud hve done this at the start) as i am eatin more especialy fruit etc bt im feelin uncomfortable agai,my stomachs bloated plus the extra food+carbs arent helpin matters. Im PETRIFIED of puttin weight on.

Any ideas??

Rae Rae

Psyllium husk is brilliant for adding fibre. You can sprinkle it on cereal or yoghurt but I take mine in a glass of OJ. have to drink it pretty quick or it starts to thicken. Can get it very cheaply on ebay from seller with the name "spiceworks" I've used them for years for my herbs and spices and they are brilliant sellers.

I take a tablespoon in a glass of OJ. I don't suffer from constipation in the usual sense of the word, my body just doesnt like letting go of the stuff but since taking this i've gone from once or twice a week to daily. (sorry if TMI) Feel a lot better for it. If you use the seller I suggested you get 500g for £6 p&p free

I think I went the same day but if you are constipated in the usual sense of the word (hard crumbly etc) then it might take a bit longer I guess. I now take it daily but miss a day if I have to go somewhere, I can't use strange toilets lol! The other thing to try if you can stand it is prune juice (I do like it) I made the mistake of having prune juice after having psyllium....never knew I could move so quick! But by God did I feel "cleaned out" after.

Hi Rae

If you are bunged up it can quite a few days to get everything moving again. You may also want to take a few days of lactulose (greaser/softener) or if you don't like the liquid lactulose you can get it in capsule form as Ducloease. That with daily fibre or psyllium husks (both work the same way but they say psyllium husk is "gentler") should gradually get you into a more regular routine. Remember though your regular will not be the same as anyone elses so don't feel you should be "going daily". Certain fruits/veg (i.e. carbs) are harder to digest than others so create more gas while being digested and if you are bunged up at the moment this will have no where to go so will cause bloating. Walking also stimulates peristalsis (the muscular waves of the intestine) so if not doing any a few 5-10 minute walks a day should also help get things moving more.

And try not to get too obsessed about the "weight on" thing; you are still only on 1000 cals a day so will still lose weight. Water retention and bloating are not the same as true fat weight so try to relax about this hon.

Thanx Gg, u make soooo much sense!!

I do exercise daily, i go the gym 3 times a week and just atarted Zumba too. My body is CRAP, always has been :-( Just been to boots, asda and wilkinsons and none of them have any dulcoease. I tried the other day too and nothing. why is it that when you want r need something you can never get it, grrrr. Il have to go on a prope hunt tomorrow cos i've got a sneaky feelin that when i do 'go' i will be in agony!!

Hope you are doing well today and are continuing on being positive Gg.

you might need suppositories as well as something like senna. not pleasant is it. try warm pure orange juice seems to work for me most times.

i love dulcoease but usually take more than is suggested to get things moving.

Back