YOghurts superfree??

Hey Lianna, according to the new rules, only fruit and veg are superfree! However as far as I understand it, things that were free on both green and red eg fat free yogs, eggs, Quorn, tofu etc etc were previously classed as superfree foods. Apparently SW have enforced this change to get people to eat tons of fruit and veg, especially on Extra Easy where 1/3 of your meals should be F&V X

Also is it true eggs are superfree and quorn,, iw as just looking in my book and quorn eggs and low fat dairy products are orange, does that mean they are superfree and count towards my 3rd??

Hey Lianna, according to the new rules, only fruit and veg are superfree! However as far as I understand it, things that were free on both green and red eg fat free yogs, eggs, Quorn, tofu etc etc were previously classed as superfree foods. Apparently SW have enforced this change to get people to eat tons of fruit and veg, especially on Extra Easy where 1/3 of your meals should be F&V X

I dont understand this because in the book it says superfree are the ones in orange? and quorn and eggs and low fat dairy products are all in orange?? do you rekon if i did it that was aswell as fruit and veg it would work?
Thanks Lianna Xxx

Eggs, Quory, Yoghurts etc are only free. As funcurls said, it is only fruit and veg that are superfree!

Now i am really confused,, the book totally contradicts itself!!

I'm sure it would Lianna, because people have lost tons and tons of weight doing it that way! I think that SW are trying to make people eat as healthily as possible/up their fruit and veg intake (which can only be a good thing!) and I'm sure they've based it on research which has maybe proved that people who eat more F&V have better losses on the whole?X

Have you got the new book Lianna? I haven't, I'm going by what others and my consultant have said!X

Yeah the new book in orange are eggs yoghurt and quorn, ive just txt my consultant for piece of mind lol!! i will let you know when she gets back to me :) X

I haven't got the new book on me - but I thought they were orange as they were free on Extra Easy/Original/Green.

Super Free foods are on 2 pages only and they have SF in a triangle next to them - one page is all veg, one page is all fruit.

Oh i see!!! Well looks like i will have to start eating more fruit and veg then! do you think if i start by having a fruit salad after every lunch and veg with every tea it will help? x

That is what we do - I think the aim is you eat more fruit and veg, and do not overload on the free foods - as although they say unlimited - it is within reason and if you are eating 1/3rd superfree you are less likely to over do it!

We always try to have 1/3rd superfree - so either veg or a side salad with everything we eat. I recommend fat free dressing (less than 40 cal/100ml is free), makes that dry salad so much nicer!

My consultant always points out if you have seconds of the free foods (so meat, potatoes etc) you need to have seconds of your 1/3rd of superfree.

Do you do extra easy? i mean what if i have cereal for breakfast what can i have with that?

Superfree foods are listed in the book on page 11 (fruit) and 12 (vegetables).

What page of the book are you looking at, Lianna??

We only do extra easy at weekends - Mon-Thurs I do green.

You only get 1 HEA and 1 HEB with EE, so by having cereal and milk for breakfast you are limiting yourself to free and superfree for the rest of the day (nothing wrong with that of course - just know that would not work for me).

Try having berries on your cereal, that would be your superfree and speed foods.

I like green Mon-Thurs as I can have yoghurt and fruit for breakfast (sometimes with some Alpen lights bars as HEB), Ryvita (HEB) and Laughing Cow (HEA) with some salad for lunch, and then some type of Green free dinner with 1/3rd superfree.

Always find lunch impossible on Original, and if I do EE during the week I got for a jacket potato and beans for lunch - cutting out 1 HEA and 1 HEB.

Extra Easy at weekends is great - low syn sauages, eggs, bacon and beans for breakfast (no superfree - but it is a fry (light) up :D), then some mid afternoon fruit and a nice extra easy meal in the evening (this week we had a curry feast).

I made a chicken dopiaza on Saturday it was amazing :) right i really need to get my head rouns this again! i was doing green all week before then extra easy at weekends but sometimes wanted meat for tea so decided to do extra easy all the time,, might mix up a few extra easy days with a few green days and see how i do :) gonna plan my meals tonight after class i think X

avisk is right, in the new book the superfree foods are listed on pages 11 & 12.
Eggs, yogurt quorn etc are listed in the new book on pages 14 & 15 under free foods but are not superfree.

This is confusing the hell out of me, too. I do 100% green days, and just can't get my head round free vs superfree, for things like ff yogs, ff fromage frais etc. Our C confirmed that if something was free on green and free on red it became superfree, but then said that I had a few things under the wrong column in my food diaries, and I can see from here that'll be my eggs, quorn, vinegar, ff cottage cheese etc.

It used to be that if it was free on both green and red it was called Superfree.

But SW redefined the term "superfree" when it brought in the new plans last month and now superfree only applies to the fruit and veg listed on pages 11 and 12 of the new book.

And YES, wouldn't it have made life a lot easier if they could have come up with a new word for it, which would have saved all this confusion!!!!

Back