100lb CHALLENGE

zoe do you do the eat a meal 3rd week thing? i've read on here but dont know much about it. Well done Cliopatra and Blue Butterfly.

Blue Butterfly I've had two kiddies around the 22 stone mark and I have to say its hard work, I had blood pressure issues at the end of each pregnancy. i want another baby now and need to lose the weight as I wouldnt be able to look after such little kiddies and be pregnant at my current weight. I've also had two miscarriages and i'm sorry for your loss xxx we can do it!! someone please remind me of this today lol I'm struggling already. I think you feel so utter crap til you get into ketosis.

well done girlies. Ooh Zoe let me know how you get on with the shred, i'm thinking about getting it when i drop to under 20 stone so another 11lb to go. I tried and failed again today the kids made sure of that. I'm going to try again tomorrow. x

Hi lyniG

Day 1 done, won't say it was easy but I did it, just shows how unfit I am have to do star jumps and bum kick for the cardio side but only for a minute at a time, have a look on you tube there are some sessions on there, the toning side of it are ok. Have you had a code to get the DVD with your next order?

Also if you want to do a little something skipping is excellent, you might only manage a minute to start but keep at it and it really improves, I remember that being promoted when I did weight watchers.

LyniG

I'm a bit naughty I haven't done the meal week yet, when I did LL it was only every 12 weeks so don't understand why it is so often, I have had a couple of treat nights (steak and salad) but I'm planning doing the meal thing when the kids and OH are off so we can at least enjoy a picnic or evening meal together each night. I could live on plain salad even when it's like this.

The reason we are told to do the add a meal week so early on is because we are not being monitored on this diet like people on LL, Cambridge and lipotrim are.
So Exante have to tell us to have the add a meal week so we cant sue them if we get ill basically!
Not that anyone will get ill but Exante are just covering their own butts :)

good info thanks. heard that people's weight slowed down at week 3. not that i've even got through one day yet lol. x did you get a voucher code by email from exante?

Hey sparkley,

Your doing really well I've got an app on my phone that does your weight etc. I have just deleted all my old data (kind of wish I hadn't done it now though) but it works out the average loss and if I can keep it up as I am now my target date is 6/11/13, 1 week before my birthday :) looking at your loses you will probably be at 100lb loss same time as me.

Tomorrow i will be starting day 1 of the 30 day shred, hope the loses improve slightly. I have a night out planned for mid oct and would love to be wearing some skinny number by then OH did promise to get me a lovely dress.....

Hi Zoe, thanks very much! Really pleased but worried that weight loss will slow right down once my body becomes accustomed to it. Was only looking at the 30 day shred DVD at the weekend after seeing the offer. Do you need hand weights for it? Very tempted as think the extra calories burned will help, plus I need to get fitter.

Can't stop thinking about the prospect of losing 100lb by November now!! what weekly loss have you based that on? I have already drawn myself up a little chart as on count down to holidays first week of October. Hoping to have lost four stones by then but will need to lose at least 3.5lb a week, every week, to achieve that.

Mmmm... I dream of skinny numbers! Maybe one day...

x

Hi, yes you do need hand weights but tinned soup worked just as well for me to get me started, lol!! I had originally based the Christmas date on 3 1/2 lb a week, but cos of the good loses at beginning I am about 6lb ahead. So far I do roughly lose 1lb every 2 days so is working out at the average. I'm also hoping the extra exercise will boost it even more.
Give the 1st level a go on you tube and see how you go, at the end of the day anything is better than nothing.

Bluebutterfly
Hi , welcome have seen you around the boards over the years , the more the merrier .

So every 3 weeks exante say to have a meal , I will play it by ear , I was a little hungry today , so had 3 slices of chicken breast .

Zoe , yes good idea about having salad and steak , i'm going to stick to plan until I really have to break off .

im going for a walk shortly not fpr long but I feel my bum is welded in the chair lol
Has everyone had a good day ?

Sparkley 4 stone by first week in oct , that would be greattttttttttttttttttttt

Hi MsJMC

I think what they say is have something that equals 201 kcals, each day for a week. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't got round to working out what the salad etc is but I will be doing this in 2 weeks time, I'm thinking still have all three packs then do a chicken or tuna salad bowl to take with us on our days out which will include picnics, on the other days I may have steal salad for tea so we can all sit down together as I tend to stay out of the way and feed my youngest while they eat what I have cooked :( please let me know if anyone has any tips.

pah and she fails again!! I am seriously struggling with how crap it makes me feel that by the end of the day i'm getting lightheaded and feel grumpy with my kids. I'm gonna carry on but not sure how, think i may have to move to something more slow like sw. I cant function with my two young kiddies. Doesn't help my baby has bad reflux and had jabs today and just screamed for hours. I feel its all excuses but I'm not at my old habits. I'm sick of writing the same thing so think I have a lot of thinking to do about how to do this weight loss.

Hi lyniG

Have you tried doing the packs and one protein based meal a day. The weight may come off slower but shouldn't be too much different. At least then you might stop beating yourself up about it.
I've got to say when I did LL I was 100% for 5 months except for 3 days over Xmas. This time I have had the odd snack, meal and a glass of wine and I am still losing steadily. Once it slows I know I will have to be 100% to get my final goal, but maybe just to get things started a slower weight loss will give you more incentive to carry on and when you feel you can take that final step and lose the meal it may not be as much of a shock.
One thing I was told was to squirt washing up liquid over the food waste on the plates so not to tempt you to pick onroute to the bin,
also another little rule which I also need to get in my head again, if you have cooked a meal and say the children don't eat much, I often think what a waste and eat it, but in fact you have cooked the food, wether the children eat it or it goes in the bin it is the same you don't have to eat it so it doesn't get wasted, this in the long run will cost money wise to get that extra weight off.

I do remember little things like that, we used to go through different issues each week but I quite quickly forgot them. There was a book I will try to get the name of when I find out all of my old LL things.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi MsJMC

I think what they say is have something that equals 201 kcals, each day for a week. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't got round to working out what the salad etc is but I will be doing this in 2 weeks time, I'm thinking still have all three packs then do a chicken or tuna salad bowl to take with us on our days out which will include picnics, on the other days I may have steal salad for tea so we can all sit down together as I tend to stay out of the way and feed my youngest while they eat what I have cooked :( please let me know if anyone has any tips.

If its working keep going zoe , I have more 4 on now its all about people big eating so much rubbish , and some of them having the gastric band . he was saying about a bmi of 80 that he does them on, god .
its now being tuff with yourself to get your body back to a good weight .
i'm going to have a steak salad in few weeks time I think as its school holidays , so will be nice to go out and have that .
only tips is keep busy , you've done it before and you will again Zoe

pah and she fails again!! I am seriously struggling with how crap it makes me feel that by the end of the day i'm getting lightheaded and feel grumpy with my kids. I'm gonna carry on but not sure how, think i may have to move to something more slow like sw. I cant function with my two young kiddies. Doesn't help my baby has bad reflux and had jabs today and just screamed for hours. I feel its all excuses but I'm not at my old habits. I'm sick of writing the same thing so think I have a lot of thinking to do about how to do this weight loss.

stressful day for you lyni, I kept being like that for many months and something has clicked , I was getting fed up with not seeing it through and failing .... all I can say is you know what needs doing and you will find your path to come back and sort it . I know the winter months are a lot harder on vlcd , because you get so cold and eat more in winter , we have Aug , sept , oct .... then it gets harder .
see how you feel in the morning .... time to think

Lyni maybe you could try having a meal a day as well as your packs.
Or trying a different vlcd?
I do a mixture of exante and slim and save right now because I suffer from weird dizzy spells anyway (docs don't know what's up) and being on only exante was making it worse.
With slim and save you get 'meals' like cottage pie and spag bol and I find they really help me not be so dizzy :)

Oh and ladies Exante is on *******.co.uk right now, for another day and a half if anyone is interested. Shakes and soups only though.
1 week for £19.99
2 weeks - £35.99
4 weeks - £72.99
6 weeks - £106.99
Saving you up to 64% it says.

I want offers on barssssssssssss lol
Bluebutterfly , yes I also mix clebslim bars as they was cheap , but you need lots of choice on vlcd as you will become bored . Exante have few new packs coming out , so will look into that .
Lovely weather and helping me so much .
Does everyone stick to exante only ?
I have exante some odd bits of LL and CD . and I only got clebslim because they were so cheap at 26 pence a meal replacement bar , otherwise it would be exante bars , love LL bars but can't get hold of them

Can I join please? Don't want to lose 100lbs but probably 60 in an ideal world. I started today, although have dabbled with it half heartedly before. I've just had baby number 2 and am going on holiday in October so would like to lose a chunk before then. Husband is also going away for work soon for 10weeks so I'd love to surprise him with a new body on his return! Oh and it's my 30th in November. Wanna be thin and thirty!

I have plenty of motivation - just need to stick to plan now!! X

Welcome tottyrichards,

Ill add you to the list, it's always a good motivation when you have holiday booked. That's why my aim is Xmas. At least it's a special time, especially this year as its first Xmas in 6 years I have been off Xmas eve/day and Boxing Day, what a celebration.

zoe9804. 100lb - 22lb = 78lb
Plym2bslim
Sparkley 100lb - 18lb = 82lb
lyniG. 100lb - 21lb = 79lb
Cliopatra 100lb - 12lb = 88lb
Msjmc
Blue Butterfly 100lb - 13lb = 87lb
Tottyrichards 60lb

I want offers on barssssssssssss lol
Bluebutterfly , yes I also mix clebslim bars as they was cheap , but you need lots of choice on vlcd as you will become bored . Exante have few new packs coming out , so will look into that .
Lovely weather and helping me so much .
Does everyone stick to exante only ?
I have exante some odd bits of LL and CD . and I only got clebslim because they were so cheap at 26 pence a meal replacement bar , otherwise it would be exante bars , love LL bars but can't get hold of them

Hi

I only buy the exante products, I do agree the LL bars were the best, getting used to exante bars now though. I've just missed the free sample of apple and cinnamon porridge from exante. I quite like the variety I have but when it turns to autumn I will probably start with soups too. Hoping another 2 months worth will about get me to last stretch. I haven't decided exactly when but I'm planning on introducing food for maybe last stone, or just half stone. I want to introduce meals and still be losing weight.

Back