134kkg. The countdown begins!!!

Yeah, I feel you on that. Carbs are the downfall of man (woman:D) I tell you! The fear of carbs is the beginning of wisdom! Resist those carbs!!!!! By the way, Arum, what plan are you on?

Bring on the great five-oh, 50 posts, yeeeeeaaaaargh!!!!!:cool:

Also, for the headaches, I guess you could do Panadol? Ibuprofen? Hope its allowed...

oh, Arum!!! I recall you from the newbie post!!! I was on calorie counting then. It apparently wasn't going to work for me, coz its not actually my style. I actually gained another 2.5 kilos, practically 5 pounds! And in one week!!! So I've switched to cambridge which I couldn't start before due to breastfeeding. I've weaned my baby now so I'm fully on sole source, in the cambridge plan.

How is your low carb diet going? Hope eating the same thing isn't too monotonous? How much have you lost so far?

My plan is one that has come about due to a combination of things. Uncontrolled diabetes being the main driver, but I accidently came across a BBC Horizon program about the benefits of fasting. The guy who did the program has since written a book about it. It wasn't specifically a weight loss plan, more of a 'how can I extend my life' plan. They talked about the beneficial effects of fasting on insulin and blood glucose levels as well, so I got my thinking head on and came up with my own plan that's has me doing 3 fasting days a week and 4 'normal' eating days.

My normal days are supposed to be having food up to my allowed calorie intake (approx. 1500 to 1800 cals) although it seems to work out that im on less anyway. Im avoiding carbs in the evening, and cutting down during the day. On my fasting day I have up to 400 cals, half of which comes from a meal replacement shake, at home it would be Exante, but im away for a couple of months so I have to get what I can find locally. So far on this regime in around 3 weeks ive lost 4.7kg. My main concern is blood glucose levels and those are coming down, but I know that my diabetic control and my weight go hand in hand, so to fix one I have to fix both.

Once I get back to the UK, depending on how I do here I may go total solution on Exante which is very similar to Cambridge diet.

Oh yes to the painkillers, but I think my headache is as phantom as my hunger, its all psychological im sure. My body is determined to make me eat and im determined no to, so I just need to distract myself and im sure the headache and hunger will go away, if not then ill resort to some paracetamol, but its kind of humid and overcast here today so the weather may be part of the cause. Anyway im off for a swim, catch you later!

Yes to phantom hunger pangs and phantom headaches :D. It comes with the territory. Over here, its just approaching lunch time, the elevenses have come and gone, now the 12's, 1's and late lunch 2's not to talk of tea time 3-4!!! Not being able to munch is so sad, however I'm spurred on by the shakes in my bag and the fact that I'm not going back! I used to be a compulsive snacker (this time last week I was still a compulsive snacker!) So the withdrawal symptoms are finally beginning.:cry:

Day 2 and 3 on a TS will be your most difficult days, your body is just starting to wake up to the fact that its in danger of running out of glucogen which is normally topped up constantly by carbs. Soon it will have to switch to burning fat as the glucogen supplies dry up, and with that comes a ketogenic state which should make the whole diet process much easier for you. But you are in for a struggle for the next 48 hours! Stay strong, let your cravings know that YOU are the new boss round here, and no one is caving in to anything!

Day 2 and 3 on a TS will be your most difficult days, your body is just starting to wake up to the fact that its in danger of running out of glucogen which is normally topped up constantly by carbs. Soon it will have to switch to burning fat as the glucogen supplies dry up, and with that comes a ketogenic state which should make the whole diet process much easier for you. But you are in for a struggle for the next 48 hours! Stay strong, let your cravings know that YOU are the new boss round here, and no one is caving in to anything!

Cringe Cringe :sigh:

I heard day 3 is the worst! I'm about to go into day 3! Wish me strength and determination rather than luck

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

I had a mango shake today for the first time. I liked it, surprisingly! I will do a porridge tonight. That's my last sachet for today then it's bedtime. I chugged down so much water that I had to make a stop over at an eatery on my way home from work to empty my bursting bladder. I must remind myself to go before I hit the road even if I don't feel like to avoid a repeat of this. I hate to think what if there was no joint nearby! Ouch!

I was so exhausted last night i barely could stay awake long enough to mix up a vanilla shake which wasn't bad at all! Now it's morning and I'm sipping hot water before I hit the road to work. Day 3, the most terrible say so I've heard. Lets see how I hold up.

2 lovely cups of hot water sipped first thing this morning. Tastes yummy! Imagine hot water tasting yummy? Shrinksville I tell you!

Today's sachet selection: cappuccino, mushroom soup and apple porridge. Also a strawberry shake making 4. I feel like I have my own personal chef!

It's surprising what you enjoy on this plan :) the porridge is lovely! Have a good day!

13.3 start weight 11.2 right now and going inwards and onwards! x

Y'know, the human brain is as complex as it is wonderful. I remember last year when I was first of all introduced to cambridge and its shakes, I took one sip of a shake (I can't recall the name) and I gagged! I was also given a teeny bit of the bar to nibble and I immediately spat it out! I was preggers then, so dieting was out of the question. But here I am, with no other food alternatives, Day 3 of Sole Source 1 and suddenly, I'm looking forward to shakes soups and porridges, things I so detest in real life!

Never say never! ;)

I can do this, yes I can!!! :D That bliss smiley always lifts my spirits when I see it running across my signature, Ha ha

Sneak peek at the bathroom scale and I'm 129.1kg from 134! I'm hoping that's not just water weight yippee! I'll weigh in on Saturday and update my profile. #cant wait :D

Week one will be an amazing loss and its a real confidence boost, won't be all water weight some will be that pesky glycogen that's been clogging you're liver up soon as its gone you will be a fat burning machine :D

13.3 start weight 11.2 right now and going inwards and onwards! x

Back