134kkg. The countdown begins!!!

Ok! So I've had my 3rd sachet for th e day and the lethargy plaguing me throughout the day has suddenly lifted. I can get some work done quickly before my energy levels deplete again. Day 3 is so tiring! But I'm determined! I will persevere!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Day 4 of Sole Source. How do I feel? Like I can do this, :D. Once in a while temptations abound, e.g I almost licked my baby's cereal leftovers last night, then caught myself just in time. Self Admonishment! That was how you came to be like this, remember? Mindless eating!!!

So am I in Ketosis? I really don't know, coz I don't know what to look out for. :(. I don't feel hungry, but I sometimes have fleeting cravings that water usually suppresses. Mild to non-existent headache and a sorta oily aftertaste in my mouth (yeeeugh). Ah well, let's see this fat burning machine burn some fat, ha ha!!! Shake recap: Vanilla, Fruits of forest, Mushroom and Chicken soup and my nightly porridge original.

I'm sure my glycogen stores are as wide as the Sahara desert! I don't think I ever ate anything unless it was a carb, So I'm sure it will take forever to hit ketosis

Last edited:
Day 5 of sole source 100% and I'm officially in ketosis! How do I know? Well I woke up this morning full of beans! I'm on an adrenaline high! Food? What does that mean? It seems so alien to me now
Yey! I did it! I've told myself I will celebrate the little achievements as a form of personal motivation. My next milestone is to stand on a regular scale without seeing error messages hahahaha I can do this, I am doing this :D

I just uploaded the ticker to my signature after following Pierce's instructions somewhere on this site. I'm loving the visual! Also, I'm glad I'll soon move from BMI morbidly obese (yeukkk) to BMI Obese :). Yeah yeah yeah, their all obese. But one is morbid, hahaha. My weigh in is tomorrow, to confirm the weight on the ticker. When I get the official figures then it will be time to adjust the profile. 1 week almost down, 11 more to gooooooo

Ok, I found one sachet I don't like. I don't like vegetable soup. Its official. So I'm returning all the offenders to my CC tomorrow. I don't care much for the mushroom variants either. I guess its oriental chilli for me only. Leek and potato are so bland, but manageable. I wonder if I can spice em up? I'll ask tomorrow...As for the porridge's, I like em all!!! Its just that they're just so teeny weeny. I'm hoping this bottomless pit of a stomach adjusts its size real fast! I seem to like all the shakes. Every single one. So its just a case of eenie meenie maynie mow every day :D. Ok, that's my shake soup and porridge update for today: Banana, Toffee&walnut, vegetable soup (yack) and porridge original (yum)

11 weeks!!! goodness!!! I'll be SS'ing to November???? Gawrsh!!!!

First temptation of the program appeared today. Someone shared Free pastries all around the office with a bottle of pepsi. One landed on my desk. Ok, so you know you're in ketosis when the food doesn't hold any appeal whatsoever! All I could see was sugar, flour, salt and 5kg added back to my but. hahahahaha :D. I so gave it out, yes I did!!! (eevil mee:cool:)

First weigh in today! I'm down 5.1 kg! Is that good? Wow!

I swapped my soups for just the chilli flavour. I also returned some porridge sachets for chocolate and chocolate mint. I saw one called chocolate orange, I guess I may subscribe to that too next week. So far 2 shakes down and 2 liters of water also with a cuppa tea. I'm doing chili for lunch and apple porridge for dinner also with 2l of water. How about you!

Last edited:
ok.... that was unnecessarily rude, ill leave you to it
Hi Arum

I didn't mean to come off as rude, sorry about that! That was just my reaction to what's to come later! Hope you are holding on! How's the weight loss?

Ok, so the scale settled at 129.7. Ah well, it's a loss any way though I was expecting a little bit more . Anyway, my first goal is to get my Bmi to 40 or under. Lets go there!

I had the apple and cinnamon last night and it tasted so good that I'm doing it again this morning. I'm also gonna sprinkle lots of extra cinnamon on it. Yum yum yum!

Is losing 20Ibs by September ending a realistic goal? Hmmmm

I feel down today. And hungry. Aren't I supposed to feel no more hunger in ketosis? :( caught myself asking myself why bother? So I turned back here for inspiration. My CC told me the weight loss is expected to slow down. O could cry. Can I really take this diet one day at a time? So far I've been able to resist temptations as my sole source has been 100%, but very sure it's because I wasn't tempted too hard. I guess I should abandon porridge in the morning and stick to my shakes; the portion size visual is still apparently hard to come to terms with psychologically. I guess that's what's making me feel hungry:(.

Today's menu was apple cinnamon porridge, oriental chilli soup,mango shake, and I'm doing a hot toffee and walnut shake with decaf coffee tonight. Ta ta!

Is depression an after effect of ketosis? I feel down in the mouth this morning, but I perked myself up by putting on a skirt and top I usually wear with lots of safety pins on the bust area and sucking in of stomach :d
Ta da! No more safety pins and the love handles aren't prominent! It's a small improvement, but it's something. It reminds me of pregnancy,the first 12 weeks when only you can see the changes in your body. It's still your little secret, but from month 4, the comments begin. Looking forward to my next weigh in!

Ok, so to look forward to my highlight of the day : my morning chocolate shake.

I usually time my shakes: 9am,1pm, 5pm and 9pm each with a 75cl bottle of water to wash it down and fill me up. I also sip uncountable cups of water, black tea/coffee during the day.

So far, the above routine works for me.

I discovered my neighbor is also on Cambridge!!! Hahahaha

Her receipt happened to fall in front of my frontdoor for a week supply of products, hmmm. Do I tell her we are both on the plan? We don't usually talk much so I guess she may want to be private about it. It would be nice to have a Cambridge buddy nearby though, lol. She started a week before me according to the date she paid for the supplies.

One nice side effect of Cambridge that I was quick to observe: The virtual absence of flatulence :D. Its a welcome improvement, I tell you. Even when you do break wind, there is no odour. The palate cleansing effect of Cambridge is another welcome improvement; it is second to none. NB: The observations above are mine and are unique to Sole source 100% not sole source plus or any other step.

Day 7 and counting.....plod plod plod plod.....:d

Hot or cold water with cambridge soups can make a whole lotta difference, lol. Oriental chilli is o so yummy when done right. Use cold water then.....yack!!! Pukesville :)

Back