5:2 Diet

Hi

I finished my book last week so had my 1st fast day on Mon and my 2nd yesterday (school holidays so had to differ days).

I stuck to 500 cals a day and ate normally the rest of the time but I haven't lost an ounce of weight.

I'm due a fast day tomorrow and weds (may do Friday aswell) but I feel a bit demotivated.

My plan for tomorrow is to have black coffee and water until lunch at 2pm when I'll eat a sugar free jelly and at supper time I'll have a tin of Heinz soup (200 cals) and 2 ryvitas.

Where am I going wrong? I have PCOS but I would have expected a change no matter how slight.

Yeah a lot of people find that eating a small amount can make you hungrier and it's best to save up your cals for 1 meal in the evening

Have you tried fitting in some exercise with your dieting? I have pcos and I find it helps with the symptoms, and trying to be fairly low GI on non fast days.

Hi

I finished my book last week so had my 1st fast day on Mon and my 2nd yesterday (school holidays so had to differ days).

I stuck to 500 cals a day and ate normally the rest of the time but I haven't lost an ounce of weight.

I'm due a fast day tomorrow and weds (may do Friday aswell) but I feel a bit demotivated.

My plan for tomorrow is to have black coffee and water until lunch at 2pm when I'll eat a sugar free jelly and at supper time I'll have a tin of Heinz soup (200 cals) and 2 ryvitas.

Where am I going wrong? I have PCOS but I would have expected a change no matter how slight.

Hi There,

I got the book last night after finding a friend I'm gonig on holiday with in July is on it. I was gonna have my first fast day tomorrow or Thursday but then got to work and for breakfast all I had was a hard boiled egg and half a fresh pineapple so think I'll fast today intead. I've got a weight watchers meal in my freezer which is 226 calories so that with a load of veg will put me over 500 I guess but it's still a good reduction on what I'd normally have in a day so I'm happy with that. I tend to get shakey when I've not ate for a while so will have to see how I go I guess but will be having plenty of water, tea and coffee.

Have a great day everyone! I'll report back soon on my first day :)

Hi All, today is my first fast day too, planning on doing Tuesday and Thursday this week and always leave Friday to Sunday as feast days, (in theory anyway).

Welcome newbies and good luck with your first fast! I'm on my third today and it's been the hardest day so far. I've just been very very hungry. I think I overate yesterday on my feast day and that's made me extra hungry today. Going to try to eat a bit less on up days now and see how that works out. My weight is dropping nicely though - seeing that number drop is very motivating!

Well my first fast day wasn't too bad at all although I did feel really really hungry from about 12:30 to 2pm but just kept drinking loads of water/tea/coffee and it tailed right off. Really took my time eating my tea tonight too as I usually wolf food down. Think I'll have a good look at how I'm gonna spend my 500 on my next fast day as today really was just a last minute thing. Hope everyone fasting has done good !

My third fast has gone really well, although I ate 500 cals instead of 400. I couldn't resist a sneaky peek on the scales this morning and my weight is going down nicely. This diet really works - hurrah!

hey guys,
im just about to start this diet but cant seem to find much information about it online could anyone point me in the right direction
cheers

hey guys,
im just about to start this diet but cant seem to find much information about it online could anyone point me in the right direction
cheers

I read the boot 'the fast diet' was great - very clear and gives 2 case studies. X

Well I didn't eat too bad on my second day on this eating plan - my first non fast day - most indulgent thing I had was half a create your own pizza from asda: no oil, think crust, jalepeno's, ham, red onion and peppers.

Today is my 2nd fast day - hard boiled egg and a muller light yoghurt for breakfast (which puts me at 158 calories so far - off to tesco for tea - 338 to use up and they will involve at least 3 for a no added sugar jelly pot as no matter which meal I've had I always need something sweet afterwards

It will be nice to wander round tesco and browse the calorie content of stuff rather than having to get my phone out to search for the SW Syn value. (not knocking SW it worked really well for me in the past I just wanted to try something else thats all)

Have a great day everyone ! :)

Hi Ladies, into my fifth fast day and the second and all important weigh in tomorrow. Hope I'll have shifted some fat this time. Still finding the key to this diet is to keep busy and let go of putting too much emphasis on what i am eating. I tried this diet before and failed because i was trying to eek every last bit out of the 500 cals with recipes small snacks etc. Keeping it simple this time and trying to forget food on fast days.
Good luck all!

Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow grotbags1979 !

Well my second fast day has gone really well. Not felt the hunger pangs half as much this time.

I also had a phone call to say I've won a competition I entered :) A meal at a lovely restaurant I like in town. Now again not to knock SW but I'd be dreading it if this happened when on their plan and i'd go for days with no syns to try and balance it out and sit scouring the menu for ages trying to work out the healthiest meal and sit there jealous of people eating the dishes I'd much prefer to my own.

Really looking forward to it and i'll fast tuesday instead :)

Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow grotbags1979 !

Well my second fast day has gone really well. Not felt the hunger pangs half as much this time.

I also had a phone call to say I've won a competition I entered :) A meal at a lovely restaurant I like in town. Now again not to knock SW but I'd be dreading it if this happened when on their plan and i'd go for days with no syns to try and balance it out and sit scouring the menu for ages trying to work out the healthiest meal and sit there jealous of people eating the dishes I'd much prefer to my own.

Really looking forward to it and i'll fast tuesday instead :)
Life is too short to have to worry about something as nice as going out for a meal like that, then to sit there denying yourself! How great we don't have to worry about that with 5:2!!

Well I lost 2.5lbs this week, my fat percentage went down by about 1.5% too which is great to see. Not just fasting but 30 day shred too which to be fair isn't too difficult because its only 20 mins...if my weight loss carries on like this or even half this then i'll be happy. Hope you are all well and if your doing the same days as me 3 lovely non fast days ahead of you xxx

Hi I've been doing the 5:2 for two weeks now after reading the book and watching the horizon programme, I used to be a slimming world person but got fed up with eating the same old stuff , initally after reading about 5:2 I didn't think I'd be able to do it but I've found it surprisingly easy!! First week I lost 6lbs and this week I'm on target to lose 2lbs, still got another 4 stone to lose but I could easy do this diet for life I reckon as I know the day after a fast I can have whatever I fancy , good luck everyone will be following this thread with interest xx

Hi I've been doing the 5:2 for two weeks now after reading the book and watching the horizon programme, I used to be a slimming world person but got fed up with eating the same old stuff , initally after reading about 5:2 I didn't think I'd be able to do it but I've found it surprisingly easy!! First week I lost 6lbs and this week I'm on target to lose 2lbs, still got another 4 stone to lose but I could easy do this diet for life I reckon as I know the day after a fast I can have whatever I fancy , good luck everyone will be following this thread with interest xx

Welcome iwannabslim! Yes, I didn't think I'd be able to manage fast days either but also found them surprisingly easy. I'm just trying to keep a reasonable intake on feed days too as I did go mad on the last one lol. I'm actually looking forward to my fast days - got my next one tomorrow (I'm doing 4:3 just to give myself a bit of a boost). Dieting for just one day at at time makes things sooo much easier. Good luck for your next fast day.

I'm in my forth week and have found it hard. My blood sugar levels have dropped to below what they should be. This was due to doing more activity. Does anyone else have this problem

Back