5:2 Diet

Hi all

I've decided to give this diet a whirl and am starting tomorrow with my first fast day. I actually feel very nervous about it! I hate dieting!!! But I have a very busy job so I'm hoping I'll be distracted. Can I ask a few questions.....

Does everyone do two fast days a week as the JUDD diet used to say have three fast days a week didn't it?

Anyone that's been doing this diet for a while, can you please give me all the negatives so I'm ready for them!?

DT x

Hi all

I've decided to give this diet a whirl and am starting tomorrow with my first fast day. I actually feel very nervous about it! I hate dieting!!! But I have a very busy job so I'm hoping I'll be distracted. Can I ask a few questions.....

Does everyone do two fast days a week as the JUDD diet used to say have three fast days a week didn't it?

Anyone that's been doing this diet for a while, can you please give me all the negatives so I'm ready for them!?

DT x

Here are some of the negatives -

http://www.thefastdietforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=93&sid=ee41f203443d09a332860def6562fd59

And just to balance it out, here are the positives -

http://www.thefastdietforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=96&sid=8f00c24d89f8b401eaf76bdf50e5fafb

krupskaya said:

I've only been doing it for 5 weeks, but the only thing I did notice was that my menstrual cycle went crazy last month and I was on about 3/4 weeks... That said I have PCOS so it might just be that, but it's the first time I've been on so much and so heavy in a short space of time.

The other stuff isn't an issue for me I don't think so far, except I do prob eat more sweet stuff on up days than when on SW.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lost this week yay :)

Well done , what has your average weekly loss been if you don't mind me asking??? Was hoping to average 2lb a week ??? Do you think that is doable??? Would be interested to see what other people are losing .

hmmm, it is only my first week :) I am aiming for 2 a week but have been excessive in food and drink which is why i believe I only lost 1.5. Am finding the fasting not too difficult to be honest (although it is only week on).

Slimmingworld didn't work for me as when I drank I ate the world, this however doesn't really restrict you on none fasting days.

Morning all

I too am a convert to the 5:2 diet - it states it the book (the 2 day diet) to have your 2 low carb days together/ or no carbs as I like to call them, but for what I am reading everyone seem to choose 2 seperate days of the week and keeps to 500cals....

I started Sunday and am weighing out everything, logging the cals, today is my fast day - but going by the book I will be eating about 1000cals?!!? - I know it does state in the book that they have not given strict calorie restrictions and you can have 12 servings of protein and 5 of vegetables etc etc and the amount of a serving is alot is some instances.

But will go with the book ans see what happens - I will weigh myself Thursday ( as I am still an online member of SW - I am keeping a track of it on there)

Hope I am doing it right....

Kats

xx

As I observed on another thread I think there is some confusion as different books say different things. According to the 'Fastdiet' you eat 500 cals on two non consecutive days and whatever you like on the othe five. It's horses for courses really.

Morning all

I too am a convert to the 5:2 diet - it states it the book (the 2 day diet) to have your 2 low carb days together/ or no carbs as I like to call them, but for what I am reading everyone seem to choose 2 seperate days of the week and keeps to 500cals....

I started Sunday and am weighing out everything, logging the cals, today is my fast day - but going by the book I will be eating about 1000cals?!!? - I know it does state in the book that they have not given strict calorie restrictions and you can have 12 servings of protein and 5 of vegetables etc etc and the amount of a serving is alot is some instances.

But will go with the book ans see what happens - I will weigh myself Thursday ( as I am still an online member of SW - I am keeping a track of it on there)

Hope I am doing it right....

Kats

xx

This sounds very complicated, is this a fast day where you have 1000 cals?

As I observed on another thread I think there is some confusion as different books say different things. According to the 'Fastdiet' you eat 500 cals on two non consecutive days and whatever you like on the othe five. It's horses for courses really.

Yes I read the IF diet book last night, the vast majority of the info was the same except it says to have DD's consecutively and that your body deals with food more efficiently for the rest of the week. Quite a few on here have tried double DD's and have found they stalled their weightloss all together, very odd stuff LOL

Think your right - some diets work for others - and some dont...

Not sure if I could manage 500 cals but willimng to give it a go.

Kats

Good luck

This sounds very complicated, is this a fast day where you have 1000 cals?

I know thats why I am confused, reading the book it tells me that they havent given you strict calories restrictions and given you meal plans and what you can have each day.

Like for instance I can have up to 5 servings of veg/salad each item if not given a qty can be upto 80g thats alot.....

I girl here is doing 500 cals on her fast day and the other is doing 600cals so far I have had 593 this includes salad for tea not weigh chicken yet so dont know how cals that will be.

But if I had the full menu of stuff that they said I could eat it would be nearer the 1000 mark...

I can only try by the book first if that dont work try another one...

thanks

Kats

I'm quite confused by that, I do the Michael Mosley version, these are my cals over the last few weeks

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-1059342494.jpg
    image-1059342494.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 269
  • image-3097786934.jpg
    image-3097786934.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 173
  • image-726499593.jpg
    image-726499593.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 174
  • image-4048189141.jpg
    image-4048189141.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 158
Hi, I have both books, 'the 2 day diet' and 'the fast diet'. They are very different diets.

After years of counting points and syns I didn't want to be too restricted anymore.

I first read 'the 2 day diet' after it was featured in the daily mail tried it for a week but found I was still writing everything down and adding things up (on non restricted days there is still a plan to follow) I also didn't feel restricted enough on restricted days as you can eat quite well still. So I bought 'the fast diet', which I personally prefer. I like that i feel in control and very restricted for a day knowing i can eat whatever I want the next day.Tomorrow will be my 5th fast day and I'm finding it very easy. In 2 weeks I have lost 8lbs.

Sophie x

mmm me thinks I might have to get the fast diet book.. as it might be better. tbh whatever loses the fat I'll be happy.

Like you I dont want to be bother with counting syns, points whatever.

This is my second fast day, but cals will be nearer the 700 mark, but next week I'll drop it down.

Aslo went to gym this morning and cycled for 45mins mfp states I burned 555 cals but bike said 208cals - whatever it is it is still burnt off....

Thanks

Kats

Hi all
I'm on day thee of my diet, day one was a fast day and today is my second fast day and I'm STRUGGLING!!! I have a headache, I feel a bit sick, I'm starving!!!
I had 500 cals on day one
1500 cals on day two (I really don't think I could have eaten more!)
Plan to have 500 cals today...
It's toooo hard!!

Hi drunk tinkerbell & welcome ,, why don't you try putting more up days together before a fast day again , you might feel alittle better and two down days spread over the week dows not seem half as bad knowing you have a couple of good days to keep you going ??? Good luck xx

Yeah I think I might do that next week and have my down days on Monday and Thursday! I'm getting there today though... Looking forward to a bath and an early night :))

Does everyone here limit the carbs they have on a fast day? Should the day be made up of low carb food? I just used 350 cals of my 500 daily on a bagel and a packet of wotsits!

Back