A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

Well that's my first day done.

Don't think I'll have much trouble using my syns either :greenapple:

What day do you weigh in?

I weigh in on a monday night at 7pm, so hoping i will have lost something in my first week! How did you get on with your first day? xxx

Today i'm going for a red day, after doing a little reading last night think i know what i am doing now lol:confused: ....maybe.
So far the menu has been:

sw fry up
DSCF3256.jpg

and huge superfree salad with chicken breast and kraft light french dressing

DSCF3257.jpg

xxxx

First day was fine. It came in at 9 1/2 syns.

I'm doing green today but made a boo boo because I read on here that the Tesco Lincolnshire sausages were free but they aren't they are 1.5 syns each, oops. I guess I will make the odd mistake.

I will weigh in on Mon morning but as it's not a full week I'm not expecting much and I'm really not in a hurry. Once I'm convinced I'm on the way down I'm only going to weigh once a month and look to the long game.

I'm loving that you are allowed fry ups

First day was fine. It came in at 9 1/2 syns.

I'm doing green today but made a boo boo because I read on here that the Tesco Lincolnshire sausages were free but they aren't they are 1.5 syns each, oops. I guess I will make the odd mistake.

I will weigh in on Mon morning but as it's not a full week I'm not expecting much and I'm really not in a hurry. Once I'm convinced I'm on the way down I'm only going to weigh once a month and look to the long game.

I'm loving that you are allowed fry ups

Yeah i still make mistakes and this is my second time around! As long as you use frylight then your "fry-up" will be sw friendly, just trying to decide what to do for dinner, was going to do steak, but haven't taken it out the freezer yet and i doubt it will defrost in time now so trying to come up with a new plan lol! xx

dinner tonight was steak as i managed to defrost them in time! red day today so had to syn the corn cob! xxxx

DSCF3258.jpg

That steak looks lovely. Oddly we've got some bison steak in the freezer to try but i keep putting it off as i cant face it!

Any plans for the weekend? Xx

That steak looks lovely. Oddly we've got some bison steak in the freezer to try but i keep putting it off as i cant face it!

Any plans for the weekend? Xx

it was sooooo good, don't have it very often but love it when we do! ooooh bison steak! ive never tried that before, wonder if its just like regular steak, you will have to let me know!

So far we don't have much planned this weekend, my oldest daughter has dancing on sat morn and my mum and dad are coming for lunch on sunday.... no idea what to make them! .....might try a sw roast dinner or pasta bake..... will have get out the mags and have a look for a nice recipe! xxx

Yeah I will if I ever man up enough to eat it!

You can't go wrong with a roast dinner, think we might have one at the weekend too.

Enjoy your walk xx

walk was good but i'm starving now and dinner isn't until later tonight so i have looked out leftover chilli and will have a mini chilli wedge melt (using hexa cheddar) feels so naughty but still on plan don't you just love slimming world! xxx

Can't believe it's the weekend again! Been a good week food wise, hoping for a nice loss on the scales on monday night, dreading the weigh in as im scared i won't have lost even though i stuck to plan!

So breakfast today was a fruit platter followed by scrambled egg and cooked tomatoes
DSCF3263.jpgDSCF3264.jpg

and a king prawn salad open sandwich with kraft thousand island dressing
DSCF3265.jpg

Dinner is going to be a chinese style stirfry will post pics once made xxx

tonights dinner our "takeaway" maple chicken (1/2 syn) with boiled rice and green beans yum! xxx

DSCF3267.jpg

For the first time in a week i made pasta. A big pasta bake for lunch as i had my mum and dad over today. Anyway i feel totally bloated! Haven't had that feeling all week and i think its down to the pasta! Didn't have a huge portion either like i would have done pre sw, and i had a decent side salad on the plate too, but i am thinking pasta not so good for me now! seem to be ok with rice but then don't have that very often now either! think green days are def off the menu for me! Shame really as i love pasta, it obviously just doesn't love me! It's only now i am noticing this though as my eating habits are a lot better on sw. So think pasta is going to have to be a once in a while thing for me now :(.

A pic of my pasta bake
DSCF3270.jpgDSCF3271.jpg

Off to do an online asda shop now as i can't get to the store this week! xxxxx

For the first time in a week i made pasta. A big pasta bake for lunch as i had my mum and dad over today. Anyway i feel totally bloated! Haven't had that feeling all week and i think its down to the pasta! Didn't have a huge portion either like i would have done pre sw, and i had a decent side salad on the plate too, but i am thinking pasta not so good for me now! seem to be ok with rice but then don't have that very often now either! think green days are def off the menu for me! Shame really as i love pasta, it obviously just doesn't love me! It's only now i am noticing this though as my eating habits are a lot better on sw. So think pasta is going to have to be a once in a while thing for me now :(.

A pic of my pasta bake
View attachment 90716View attachment 90717

Off to do an online asda shop now as i can't get to the store this week! xxxxx

Lovin the foody pics hun.....the stir fry looks yum (where is the recipe from?)

I'm finding it exactly the same with pasta/spuds & Bread. I just can't seem to tolerate them at all & feel icky after Ive had them. I'm going to stick to mainly red days now I think with some EE chucked in here & there, but monitor how I am from now on with certain foods before I go back to see the colon cleaning woman lol xx

Love the pics!

I'm the same with any type of carbs, but since cutting down on them with sw it's been great tummy flat all the time. I suffer ibs also, mushrooms used to trigger me, they still do sometimes if I haven't been for a while.

Lovin the foody pics hun.....the stir fry looks yum (where is the recipe from?)

I'm finding it exactly the same with pasta/spuds & Bread. I just can't seem to tolerate them at all & feel icky after Ive had them. I'm going to stick to mainly red days now I think with some EE chucked in here & there, but monitor how I am from now on with certain foods before I go back to see the colon cleaning woman lol xx

Hi cd the stirfry is just one i made up myself with what i had in at the time!

Marinade 4 chopped Chicken breasts in

4 tsp maple syrup (1/2 syn per level tsp)
couple dashes of worcestershire sauce
few decent glugs of soy sauce light
chopped garlic clove

I let it marinade for an hour, then just chuck in whatever veg you have to hand i used- Courgette, green pepper, orange pepper, mushrooms & onions Turned out a lot better than i thought it would so i'm def going to make that again!

I will be doing red and ee too thinking maybe 2 or 3 red days a week and the rest ee, have just done the weekly shop online and ordered loads more fresh veg and fruit, mainly sticking to fish and chicken this week as i don't want to eat too much red meat (love a good steak though!)

I've just been reading about your 'cleansing' lol and sounds like its doing you good, pmsl at the stray mushrooms :8855:funny how pasta etc affects a lot of people like that, don't think i will miss it too much at the moment so will try just to have it when i am really craving it! xxx

Love the pics!

I'm the same with any type of carbs, but since cutting down on them with sw it's been great tummy flat all the time. I suffer ibs also, mushrooms used to trigger me, they still do sometimes if I haven't been for a while.

Hi, i hadn't really noticed how i reacted to pasta before but being on sw and eating a lot more fruit veg chicken etc has obviously been better for me and now my body is rejecting the pasta! At least i can have the odd bit of rice without worrying too much! xxx

Hi cd the stirfry is just one i made up myself with what i had in at the time!

Marinade 4 chopped Chicken breasts in

4 tsp maple syrup (1/2 syn per level tsp)
couple dashes of worcestershire sauce
few decent glugs of soy sauce light
chopped garlic clove

I let it marinade for an hour, then just chuck in whatever veg you have to hand i used- Courgette, green pepper, orange pepper, mushrooms & onions Turned out a lot better than i thought it would so i'm def going to make that again!

I will be doing red and ee too thinking maybe 2 or 3 red days a week and the rest ee, have just done the weekly shop online and ordered loads more fresh veg and fruit, mainly sticking to fish and chicken this week as i don't want to eat too much red meat (love a good steak though!)

I've just been reading about your 'cleansing' lol and sounds like its doing you good, pmsl at the stray mushrooms :8855:funny how pasta etc affects a lot of people like that, don't think i will miss it too much at the moment so will try just to have it when i am really craving it! xxx

Recipe sounds great....will get some maple syrup & try that for sure xx

Back