Achieving What Seems Like The Unachievable - My Diary

So as I said in my update to Tangerine, i'm still stalling (more like parked up in a drive thru lol). However I'm still here and will keep posting while I get back on track.

Went to next and bought a few nice bits and bobs of summer clothes - some nice things but all pretty functional to cover my fat bits. There's a few things that would look much better if I was a few pounds lighter - I am going to London at the end of the month. My goal is to lose 7lbs by then.

My plan is:
To be organised with packed lunches and know what is for dinner
Keep up the gym - aiming 4/7
Aim to achieve 10,000 steps a day

I will update re these three goals tomorrow.

Night night x

Its really good to see you are still keeping the mindset despite the set backs. It is hard, no doubt about it, but you will do it.

The fitbit really helps me as I will do extra exercise just in order to get to my 10000 steps. I love it, i think it has really motivated me even when im down in the dumps lol

good luck

Believer you are having great loses!!! Well done!! I always find it really motivating to see other people doing so well particularly at times when it's feeling unachievable for me x

AAARGGH......not really any further forward than I was last week. Had a horrible week at work and any diet/healthy plans just went right out the window.
I did however manage to 'speak up' on Friday and reduce my workload slightly so feeling that this week might be a bit more manageable.
It's 2 weeks to London so if I'm going to lose 7lbs I seriously need to get my finger out. I have a plan..... I know..i've said this for the last two weeks howevwr I will persevere and not give up. My plan is to combine SW principles with 5:2. I'm aiming to walk 10000 steps each day and go to the gym 4/5 days and rest 2/7. To achieve this I will:

1. Walk before work every morning
2. Pack my lunch the night before
3. Gym on the days I'm eating 'healthy'
4. Rest on the two days I'm having 500 cal
5. Pack my gym stuff at night to go straight from work or on my way if I have time.
6. Leave my purse at home so I'm not tempted to buy junk.

Going to have a 500 cal day tomorrow. Off to plan what I'm going to have. Away to look at 5:2 thread for inspiration!

The implications of not doing this are:
1. Another week feeling rubbish and out of control
2. Continued weight gain rather than loss
3. I will literaly not have anything to wear in London (and its likely to be warmer than it is here)
4. Longer term I am not improving my chances to conceive and have a healthy pregnancy
5. I want to be fit and healthy not fat and ashamed
6. I wont have lost weight for my beach holiday in August if I don't get moving now!

Checking in tomorrow at regular intervals for extra motivation and accountability

xx

Quick check in:

What a beautiful morning! Went out for a walk, was only able to do a mile because of time constraints this morning, however will make up by doing another wee walk later when I get home.

Had a banana for breakfast and logged my banana and water intake on my fitbit app

catch you later, have a nice day xx

Hungry horrace! Think today will be a challenge after eating so much rubbish this weekend. Got a 275kcal salad for lunch and going to have prawns and rocket for tea. I'll be nearer 600 kcals for the day but I think that is ok till I figure out what a 500kcal day looks like!

No diet coke yet...got a bottle of water. Saving my fizz for later. I have a can of diet irnbru on my desk watching me...cant promise I won't drink it this afternoon but better than a cake!!

Last edited:
Your plan sounds great though I have no idea how I would ever manage on only 600cals for two days a week :/ eek! Good luck x

I've heard nothing but good things about the 5:2 diet. A few people I know are doing it and have had success. One of my friends has been doing it for 3 wks and has lost 5.5lbs. She's raving about it says its minimal effort. It should work for u too.
Where do u go in august? It must be abou 8wks yet so you should be fine x
The reasons u are doing this are exact same as mine :)

Good luck this week....I'll check back and see how its going x

Well I was nowhere near 500cal today - however still a fairly good day calorie wise (1600).

My wins for today are:
Drank all my water
Exceeded 10,000 steps
Limited myself to one diet coke today
Got up this morning and walked before work (albeit a very short one)
Walked again at night and then had to do some marching round the garden to make sure I hit my goal lol! Looked like a right fruit loop!

Reflections:
Wasn't very organised with food.
Need to make a proper plan for the 500 days (it might be nearer 600-800)
A funny thing happened today - since it was so nice I thought that I would park a distance away from my office. However I drove round and round different streets and couldn't find a space for love nor money - I drove back towards work and got a space right outside the office!! That NEVER happens!

Feeling a bit happier with myself tonight - definitely a step in the right direction after so many false starts xx

I've heard nothing but good things about the 5:2 diet. A few people I know are doing it and have had success. One of my friends has been doing it for 3 wks and has lost 5.5lbs. She's raving about it says its minimal effort. It should work for u too.
Where do u go in august? It must be abou 8wks yet so you should be fine x
The reasons u are doing this are exact same as mine :)

Good luck this week....I'll check back and see how its going x

We're going to the Algarve so can't hide under lots of clothes! 8 weeks is not enough to get skinny malinky, but it's enough to make a difference! X

Yas!! Another decent day.

10,000 steps - tick
calorie deficit - tick
water drank - tick
limit to one diet coke - tick

Feeling happier however I would have to confess that my calories have come from some pretty rubbish food! I had a healthy breakfast and dinner but lunch consisted of a bag of quavers and a slice of malteser traybake on the run. Dinner was chicken with a lime, chilli and ginger marinade with salad and baked potatoes - was yummy.

I think 500 cals is quite hard to do without using meal replacement products. Counting cals the last couple of days has certainly been a bit of an eye opener!

I did Cambridge quite successfully in 2010 (lost 3 stone), I'm thinking about getting some shakes in for my fast days - or maybe even going the whole hog and do Cambrige full time. Not quite decided yet. I tried it again a couple of years ago and it didn't really agree with me - however it turned out I was having anxiety related symptoms which probably didn't really have anything to do with the diet. Had a lot going on at that time with work, family and trying to sell our flat. Things are a lot more settles now and I'm no longer having any 'funny turns'.

Whatever I decide it needs to be accompanied with a change of attitude and a more active lifestyle to be successful in the longer term.

Had a lovely walk tonight with the husband. Enjoying the fitbit - it is definitely encouraging me to try and move more. My short term goal isto consistently achieve 10,000 steps each day.

Well done u..what a good day u had yesterday. My friend who is doing the 5:2 diet she has a shake for breakfast. She makes it herself with berries apple pear blueberries...whatever really and pops in some chia seeds. She then has a 100cal ckn salad from marks and spencers then for dinner at night makes a 3 egg white omelette with veg through it. It's working really well for her x

Sounds like it's going well!

Hi all,
10,000 steps - check
calorie deficit- check
Diet coke restriction - nearly (2 cans at work but none at home)
Water intake - check

A really busy day again today - was sooo hot!! It's horrible being fat in the warm weather - there's too kuchnof me now to be able to wear vest tops or anything remotely cool and summery. Instead my clothes were sticking to me today and I was wishing I wasn't such a blob. This is the time of year EVERY year that I wish I had lost weight and say that I wont have another overweight summer ahead of me!! So I say it again but this time I know I ned to follow through with some actual action and change the things!!

I enjoyed another walk tonight except this time I just went myself as my oh was watching the football. I felt better for it and wouldn't have managed my 10,000 steps otherwise. I'm off tomorrow and planning on being out and about - my aim is 15,000 tomorrow. I have to say that the 10,000 was a bit of a challenge today - I was very inactive at work which meant most of my steps were done later in the day. Found myself doing laps up and down the stairs and through the house before I went to bed in order to hit my target lol! It turned into a matter of principle and I was aghast at oh's suggestion to make up the extra tomorrow!! I do think that 10,000 steps needs to be my non negotiable basic and any other exercise is a bonus.

Going to the gym tmrw, its been a wee while so looking forward to it. Especially since I wont be rushing. I'm off tomorrow and Friday.

So I've been thinking a lot after my post yesterday and made a decision to try Cambridge again. It feels like a good time and I know I've got the luxury of a couple of weeks off work to get settled into it.I've made an appointment to pop in and see my old consultant tomorrow so will start on Friday. Going to try and limit the carbs tomorrow in preparation. Also a good job I've been cutting down on the fizzy juice a bit, will mean not such a shock to the system! My plan is to do 7 weeks till my holiday, have a 'sensible' week off and then review what I still need to lose after then.

Anyway off to bed now, so tired and really looking forward to a long lie!!

Evening all,
Well I went and saw my old Cambridge consultant yesterday and got stocked up for the next week. I started this morning (after a meal out last night I might add!). Today's been a bit meh - just generally fed up that I've put myself back in this position! Looking forward to ketosis kicking in and not feeling so bla!!

Was at the hairdressers today and couldn't believe how fat I looked in the mirror. This last stone has really made a difference to my face which was the one bit that didn't really look fat before! I left really determined that I'm doing the right thing and that when I come back in 7 weeks time I'll be looking and feeling much better.

I bought a body brush at boots today and have got a big bottle of my favourite Nivea skin firming cream. My plan is to keep drinking loads of water and brush and moisturise every night so that my skin and thighs are the best I can get them for my holiday in August. The walking should help with this as well although I've not done my step challenge today while my body adapts to the new plan.

Would love to hear people's tips for reducing the appearance of cellulite. I think less caffeine and more water might be the two main ones that I'm aware of.

I also took some rather horrific 'before' pictures this morning - not very nice to look at but a good dose of reality!!

For today:
3 CD products - check
Plenty water - check 3.5l
Brush & moisturise - check
10,000 steps - not achieved

I'm not sure about cellulite...would love to hear some ideas. Hope cambridge goes well.

Omg I hate it when ir at the hairdressers and u have to sit there for nearly 3 hrs just looking at ur fat chops urghhhh. Not for long tho next time u go you'll be thinking about how good u look and about how much weight you've lost since u were last there :) good luck on the cambridge diet. I look forward to hearing how u get on.

I really hate my legs **sigh** I'm not sure what else u can try...I hear ice cold baths are good lol!!! Gwenneth paltrow swears by them.....

Lol tangerine!! If only we were all a bit more like Gwyneth!!

Well day two on Cambridge constituted an epic fail. I felt faint and dizzy by about 2pm. Had a really important meeting and felt like I couldn't string a sentence together - so bought a packet of crisps and a pack of 2 babybell!! How I felt today was similar to how I felt when I did it before and had to stop. I think I can manage it on days off or days where there are less demands on me - but not when I'm busy and worrying about passing out somewhere! I think I can definitely do non consecutive days so will revert to my original plan 5:2 using shakes on my fast day and slimming world on my other days.

I found myself in quite a challenging situation today where I was concerned I may be fimed without my agreement for use on social media - my biggest concern was how fat I would look and how I wished I had tried harder over the last couple of months lol! Another example of how my life and self esteem seem to centre around my weight!

On the plus side, my husband is still being supportive and I have a very supportive friend at work who is going to chum me to SW meetings..........oh and yes...one more positive - I can have some nice cocktails now when I'm in London next weekend!! All synd of course ;)

Away to brush all the cellulite out of my fat bod now lol! Too much information maybe!

Laters xx

Evening all,
Well I went and saw my old Cambridge consultant yesterday and got stocked up for the next week. I started this morning (after a meal out last night I might add!). Today's been a bit meh - just generally fed up that I've put myself back in this position! Looking forward to ketosis kicking in and not feeling so bla!!

Was at the hairdressers today and couldn't believe how fat I looked in the mirror. This last stone has really made a difference to my face which was the one bit that didn't really look fat before! I left really determined that I'm doing the right thing and that when I come back in 7 weeks time I'll be looking and feeling much better.

I bought a body brush at boots today and have got a big bottle of my favourite Nivea skin firming cream. My plan is to keep drinking loads of water and brush and moisturise every night so that my skin and thighs are the best I can get them for my holiday in August. The walking should help with this as well although I've not done my step challenge today while my body adapts to the new plan.

Would love to hear people's tips for reducing the appearance of cellulite. I think less caffeine and more water might be the two main ones that I'm aware of.

I also took some rather horrific 'before' pictures this morning - not very nice to look at but a good dose of reality!!

For today:
3 CD products - check
Plenty water - check 3.5l
Brush & moisturise - check
10,000 steps - not achieved

I remember thr time last year I took thosr pics of myself on my phone...yuk!!!! Thrn I was on a hen night, took some pics then a friend grabbed my phone out my hand...lemme see the pics she said. Tbh I forgot they were there but yeah she scrolled through all the pics and seen the horrific fat almost naked pics lol. Needless to say I don't have any this time round lol

I remember thr time last year I took thosr pics of myself on my phone...yuk!!!! Thrn I was on a hen night, took some pics then a friend grabbed my phone out my hand...lemme see the pics she said. Tbh I forgot they were there but yeah she scrolled through all the pics and seen the horrific fat almost naked pics lol. Needless to say I don't have any this time round lol

Hahaha! That worry did cross my mind but now I know that it's ACTUALLY happened to someone I'm going to save then on my computer and delete from my phone lol!! Although if I don't get my finger out and do the hard work there won't really be anything to compare!! X

Back