April starter

That's lovely what your eldest did. I can't remember what I did with my first pay check but pretty sure it wasn't given to my parents. Maybe try staying away from carbs and love lots of lovely salad, certainly the weather for it today. I'm not a big carb person anyway and could happily live without them, although I also love rice if I had to pick one, but the others give me bad indigestion if I don't eat them slowly.

I cannot remember my first pay packet, but it was a Saturday job in woolies so would not have been enough for a family treat. He is working full time till sixth form. My stomach has finally settled, in the past when life has got in the way of this diet I have managed to low carb. Afternoon tea offered no alternatives. It was lovely and a memory to treasure.

My last weigh in before a two week break and I lost 3lb so I am now 11 stone 1. This is the hardest part of a diet for me, when the switch in my head turns on I find sticking to the diet easy it's when the switch is turned off I find it just as easy to overeat. I have put myself and my daughter down for a 10k run in September that I will have to do and I cannot run if my weight is high or my knees give in. So as I am off to snowdonia, the lakes and Edinburgh we are packing our running clothes. Have a lovely weekend, time for packing for me.

So as from tomorrow I am holiday, today I went shopping for walking trousers and choose a style that are tailored and just fitting so they have no room for over indulgence. I am planing on lots of walking, being good in the day and having a lovely evening meal. Oh and a few G&Ts

Last edited:
Have a great one! and enjoy your G&Ts :cool:
I'm back on as of today... had a bar for breakfast on the plane, that was unusual - but when I saw what they were serving (sweet stuff) I didn't regret it one bit!

I am travelling back today, as it's a very long drive I am making the most of it and starting back on TS today. I have ate a bit more than I wanted and definitely drank too much but I am not to worried as 10 days out of 14 I was clocking between 7 and 12 miles hiking a day. Including one mountain and a few hills. I was 11stone 1 but I am going to try and not weigh till Wednesday to give my stomach and its contents time to settle.
Will catch up on old and new diaries later. Enlighten I hate plane food but like to order it to break up the time.

Day 2 today, the positive thinking and willpower is definitely not as strong and I cannot stop peeing. But on a positive note I read my diary and I was struggling with my gym wear but found a pair of running leggings that I could squeeze into. Today I had to keep pulling the same leggings up on the treadmill. It's a much harder diet to do in the summer.

I now weigh 10stone 12 so lost 3lb over the 2 week holiday and two days of TS. I now have 12lb to lose on exante followed by 12 to 24lbs on the blood sugar diet to bring me somewhere between 8 and 9 stone. Oh and roughly 19lbs to a size 12. I am not sure how much of the next four weeks will be TS and how much flexi it just seems impossible to stick to three packs and live in the real world over summer. So I am just going to try my best and as long as I do not gain more than a few lbs it will be a lesson in maintaining.

well 3lbs after eating and drinking?? :eek: definitely positive in my book!
I know about the willpower once you've "tasted" freedom ugh! I'm struggling here and I really don't want to do anything this weekend, but my husband insists that we should because it's so nice out etc etc... that we don't even have to eat out. What I don't understand is that when I'm not on a diet, I can go out and not eat no problem. As soon as I'm on exante, going out seems like an excuse to eat off plan. WHYYY?
Anyway, you don't have much to lose so that's great, you're almost there!!

Well done you, the only mountain I would be getting to the top is with a cable car. I am still reading and still taking exante one day at a time. More good days than bad but the scales are moving slowly down.

Only just seen your post Cobain, I had been wondering how you were doing. I am of the same mind at the moment. I have just managed to get back in ketosis and the dreaded headache has gone but today's plans have changed to going out for lunch. I want to stay on track, but I also want to be part of summer and I have to be mindful with teenagers. So difficult

Enlighten I understand, when I was away and allowing myself to eat I would be quite content with a coffee whilst everyone else had a sandwich or slice of cake. When on plan I stress about what if I have to eat that I end up planning what to eat and I am also WHYYY?

How is the week going? I am alternate fasting at the moment, once the kids are back at school I will be back at TS. It has been easier now I have accepted that TS and school holidays are incompatible for me. I am still calorie wise in the minus each week but losing on average a 1lb a week. I am surprised that I am not binging which would of happened when my plans do not work out.

I'd take a pound a week at the moment, I am doing OK, I will weigh in tomorrow and hoping to maintain, I have been good on the whole but my system is all over the place at the moment. I love the holidays and I haven't got many left with children so TS is difficult, it would be a lot easier if food in cafes and restaurants and especially lunch did not all involve heavy carbs. Have a good week Cobain

I am trying to be more active as I may be struggling to be TS I do have some control on the exercise. So lots of long walks for me and the kids. Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow. I noticed on your profile that your BMI is now overweight and not obese that must feel good.

I have STS but after last week loss and last weeks eating out, I am very happy with that. Cobain I have dropped 10 in BMI from just under 40 to just under 30. Lots of walking will definitely help.

This is my end to this part of the diet, I cannot get away with Exante with my teenage daughter at home. I was her age and shape when I began dieting, a U.K. Size 8. I dieted my way to obesity. So I am doing the blood sugar diet and it is going well and not an obvious diet, I am now 10 stone 10. I was hoping to be 10 stone before starting this but had not imagined how hard it would be over the summer holidays. Exante has been good, I have not got the sweet tooth that I have blamed in the past, my knees no longer ache and I am actually starting to get back infront of the camera. Glad I have documented this for future reading and as a reminder of how hard it is to lose compared to how easy to gain.

Start April 7 - 14stone 7
Ended exante August - 10 stone 10

Good luck with the blood sugar diet Freefall, we'll miss you!
I hope your daughter noticed your weight loss at least. I know what you mean about our misperception of our bodies. I was the same as a teen, yet I ask myself how and when did I become indulgent on the other side of the spectrum and think it was ok to be so overweight?
Anyway, great that you'll be setting a good example for her

I am finally back on track after finding it really hard over the summer to find you have left. In case you do come back or browse I just wanted to thank you and I hope you are doing well. I am now 20lbs away from goal and in a good place at the moment. I may have to start my own diary though as the last stone is always difficult for me.

Back