Bikini in Oz- I'm coming to get you!

I must be in ketosis-I've just done a 1hour cardio/weights workout from the TV and although I'm shaking,I had the energy to do it in the first place!!!

Sammy I have the 30 day shred...I watched it to see how difficult it was whilst drinking a cuppa and eating choccie digestives!!!!Might pull it out again on of these days....

I'm not a big fan of the S and S shakes-It's all in my head but I just feel more satisfied if I eat something so my normal day is porridge,soup,meal pack and then a bar or substitute the meal pack for a protein meal.I think it was Cambridge that put me off shakes for life.Im not sure if it's just me but sometimes when I put my daily amounts into the S and S planner I go over the calories-not by much,50 calories or so but the carbs are still within target....long term will this have an effect on my losses?That could amount to a measley 350 calories extra a week-that's all....

I always go over!! It's really weird!! I'm always in the 700's. And yesterday and today my carbs hit 70g. Whoops!

Well done you on the work out!! That's brilliant. Must be in ketosis now which must feel like a relief!!

I really wanna try that 30 day shred just not sure when I'll fit it in. I know it sounds like an excuse but I honestly don't know where my day goes. And it's not like I sit around on my butt after I've put my daughter up to bed as it's shower, bottles, wash up, tidy, have my shake, then it's gone 10pm! Not really up for a workout then! Ha ha. I really need to find some time though as I don't wanna be saggy Sammy!

I've tried making the shakes into a cakey thing. Not amazing but makes a change and nice to 'eat' something. A tablespoon of milk or water and mix it to a dough, pop on a plate and microwave for 30 secs then pop in freezer for ten mins. Weird really but if you have any shakes to use up could be worth an experiment?!!!

Xx

Well I found a banana shake in the bottom of the box so tried making it into a cake thingey......it tasted like warm and very sweet angel delight but wasn't revolting. I'm just back from the shops and stocked up on Quorn fillets, vegan sausages ( only because they're really low in cals and carbs) and loads of other low carb nice things for my evening protein meals!!! Sometimes I think I can survive on 4 packs a day but this week I'm loving the evening meal. I think the secret to the success of this diet is variety.... I remember years ago when my Mum had joined Weight Watchers, she survived on boiled chicken breasts...I can't imagine how boring that would have been but then again I survived on porridge packs,chocolate shakes and bars on Cambridge for 3 months:)
My night away this week has been cancelled and I'm secretly delighted- hubby has to work on Sunday so that's why I can't go but just like everyone else the weekends are a huge temptation and I'd prefer to get a few weeks out of the way first before I put myself in that position. I am travelling to see my sister next weekend but she understands this diet and will support me 100%.
Looking forward to hopping on the scales on Monday morning ( did I just say that???). Have a great day everyone.

Yay it's a nice feeling to actually look forward to weigh day. Especially when you know you've been 100%.
I keep getting dressed in the morning and drinking water to stop me doing the daily scales hop!
I have some days that are so busy that 4 packs a day is brill. Then I get other days where I look forward to creating a meal. I might try the fish cakes or stuffed mushrooms again tonight.
I feel the same about social events too, I hate missing out but what I hate more is going to them when doing this diet with temptations! So I get you being secretly pleased! I'm the same!

That's nice that your sister is supportive. My sisters have been great and haven't once said 'oh try this', 'oh go on', or anything. It does help doesn't it.

Am pleased you're back on track and feeling good hun! :)

Today's food-banana shake made into a cake thingy,chilli food pack,stir fried spinach with garlic,ginger,onion,soy sauce and oyster sauce( not sure whether that's allowed but it was a smidgen) with 2 x vegan sausages then dark chocolate Truffa tonight-love this diet!!!!

However when I went to log it all into the meal planner on S and S website it wouldn't let me...something wrong with their website...anyway,it's been a great 1st week restart.

Ah that's annoying. My s+s web page goes so slow and keeps crashing. I use MFP now after having my eyes opened up to it and have reduced the calorie total on that. Then check my carbs. There is a way of reducing the carbs apparently but I haven't found it yet!
Glad you managed to get rid of another shake. I love the shakes, although am missing some of the dinners so think I'll re-evaluate my next order!! The dark Truffa bars are my fave!! Xx

So weighed in this morning...11st 11.6 pounds -that's a 6 lb loss...delighted with myself as I've had a few minor blips....nothing major but too much diluting juice to my water etc and also a bit challenged in the toilet department!!!.Im finding drinking all that water in this weather a real challenge so anything to get it into me!!!

Have a great week everyone-here's to a lower number on the scales again next week for everyone x

Woo Hoo!! Brilliant!! That's a great loss. See you're catching me up now ;)
I had 'issues' too - I use that fibre every single day. Usually helps... Eventually. Otherwise I make an omelette. I honestly don't know why, but eggs and me...!!!!!!

??-that's funny Sammy,it's normally coffee with me so Ive been drinking it by the bucket load!!!Thanks for dropping by and spurring me on....just something I noticed reading your diary for the past week as I know you've struggled a wee bit this week....Are you having 200g of raw or cooked veg/100g of cooked or raw protein?My interpretation is that it's supposed to be weighed in it's raw state and if you look at something like spinach it would take A LOT of raw to get to 100g cooked if you catch my drift-that may be why your weight slowed down this week....just a theory and to be fair a loss is a loss and some weeks are better than others!!!

Good luck with staying strong this week,I'll bet you have a whopping loss next Sunday ?

Yes coffee does tend to do something to me too!! Ha ha.
Yeah I think I had overdone it on the portions and weights so am hoping by realising this and going back to the book and starting from basics I should be back in the swing of it. And obviously 2lbs is still great and it could be that that was all I was going to lose that week anyway regardless.

I hope the coffee does the trick for you ;)

Had a blip today....only minor involving a free chocolate with my coffee which I ate....and then ate my hubbies too!!!This lead to picking at lasagne...but that's it,no more.

I'm definitely suffering from PMS, hence the chocolate but I'm not caving in-I need some of your determination Sammy-can you beat it into me with a large stick please?

Aww that's not bad, it could've gone really downhill but luckily you stopped yourself!! I would have had the free chocolate too! Definitely!!!
New day! Hope you're feeling ok! I had 5 packs on my totm because I was sooooo hungry and wanted sweet things!! Xx

Thanks Sammy-I went to Pilates again last night despite protesting all day yesterday ( oh I have period cramps/too busy/it's raining ( eh we don't do Pilates on the wet grass now do we???)- but despite all that I went along and loved it.I'm completely opposite everyone else in the class in that I'm flexible but unfit-they can all hold a plank for ages....me?I'm useless but can double up into any shape!!!Im wavering big time and I know it's PMS/travelling this weekend....Helppppp!!!

You are doing it. Stay strong and take it hour by hour. Just think how much better it will be to combat your pms with all the vitamins and minerals your body could ever need from the packs and doing good on the inside will help battle the cramps. Plus just think when you are for the whole Pilates class will be so envious that you can contort yourself into any shape-and hold it?!!!! Have you thought about joining the circus with that skill?! :) xx

So I'm back after my trip to Glasgow which despite all my so called determination was a diet disaster.The line has been drawn,I've asked the lovely Gretagrip and Angelupnorth to kick my a**e if I keep this starting and stopping malarkey.

I have at least 2 stone to lose,it can be done in 8 weeks if I stick to this.....it's only 2 stone,not 20 and what's 8 weeks in the grand scheme of things?Nothing....

And I want to be skinny for Xmas,I want to feel good about how I look again and I deserve that,everyone does.So I started back on Tuesday morning,so far so good-haven't weighed myself but have a feeling those 6lbs I lost are back on again....forgotten about it already.

There's enough sweets to feed a small village here but I'm not even tempted-will have my bar and a cuppa tonight.My new addiction is stir fried spinach with garlic,ginger,onion and soy sauce-serve with salmon,chicken,veggie sausages etc-it's divine ( either that or I'm a weirdo ?)

So ladies,tough love please from now on and I'll see you all in your skinny clothes at Christmas?

Hey hey welcome back! Don't beat yourself up, you had a break and enjoyed it. 8 weeks is plenty of time!! Now you have a clear run of it you'll do great!! Have you got an outfit to aim for?! Xx

Hi Sammy,haven't got an outfit....yet?What better way to celebrate than buying something new for Xmas day?Im always torn between a really dressy outfit or slouchy comfy clothes on Christmas Day but I guess the idea behind the comfy stuff has been whatever I could fit into!!

My dream has always been proper non stretchy calf length boots-horrendously expensive ones.I have never been able to fit into normal boots in my adult life so I'm definitely going to incorporate them into whatever I will wear.

Are you confident you'll see the 10's this week?Im rooting for you...

Oh I blooming hope so!! ;) I'm so close I can taste it! Ha ha!! I think it's the shove I need too to keep me on the straight and narrow as I can feel myself getting tempted and starting to think a bit won't hurt! It will hurt! It will! So if I see a 10 something it'll hopefully keep me strong.

Oh I'm boot shopping at the moment!! Although not found what I want.
You deserve ridiculously expensive ones after doing a diet like this!! But of course you will need a whole new outfit to wear with them on Christmas Day too!! ;)
Definitely treat yourself!!

So you should be blessed by the ketosis fairy soon! I had a naughty Sunday and today is the first day my hungers been diminished so am pleased as think I have finally fallen back into keto land! Phew!

Am glad you're back on the slim bus! We can do it!! Xx

Cheers Sammy.

In your opinion is it easier to do the 3 packs plus protein meal or 4 packs after you've had an off day/few days?At the moment Im having my protein meal at night but can't decide whether I'd be better off sticking with 4 packs for a few days,just to kick start this-no added vegetables,just milk in my coffee.

It's normally easy for me to get into ketosis so I'm not worried about that-I just want this weight off pronto!!!

You'll definitely see the 10's,have faith....and let me know where the skinny girl boots are ??

I did the protein meal on Monday and tues and yesterday I did the chilli pack stuffed mushrooms. But today back on protein meal - kinda made a hot dog! Lol.

I'm desperately searching - debenhams have offer on til Sunday but I just don't LOVE any of them.
Decisions decisions. Currently have seen some on eBay. Hmmm, my eBay obsession is growing!!
Xx

Back