Book club. The Hunger Games...

Well I'm off for a quick shower and then to bed with Mr.................Kindle :D

Goodnight worms xx

Corkscrew said:
Well I'm off for a quick shower and then to bed with Mr.................Kindle :D

Goodnight worms xx

Night kindle & owner ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ok, so when can we start talking?? We've all read waaaaaaaaaay past the first 3 chapters :D

Finished! Loved it, just got to download the next one.. Can't wait to talk about it as none of my friends have read the book x

I'm here but only at chapter 13 so we can discuss up to chapter 10 that's the start of the games

Ok, we'll discuss up to chapter 10 then :D

I'm loving the book so far :D It's not a type of book I'd read tbh, but I'm hooked :D

Did anyone get wet eyes when Peeta's Dad went to say goodbye to Katniss and took her some cookies? Or am I the only soft touch? lol

Corkscrew said:

I'm loving the book so far :D It's not a type of book I'd read tbh, but I'm hooked :D

Did anyone get wet eyes when Peeta's Dad went to say goodbye to Katniss and took her some cookies? Or am I the only soft touch? lol

Corkscrew said:

Your a soft touch LOL ;) I had two tear moments in the book but don't think it was before chap 10 ;)
I really love the concept of the games - okay so I know it's **** for those Inolved but it's really well thought out with the nomination process and trading names in the bowl for food rations etc

Emmey1 said:
Your a soft touch LOL ;) I had two tear moments in the book but don't think it was before chap 10 ;)
I really love the concept of the games - okay so I know it's **** for those Inolved but it's really well thought out with the nomination process and trading names in the bowl for food rations etc

And really evil, trading a possibility of being in the games for a necessity of life for their families.

Mini_Mog said:
And really evil, trading a possibility of being in the games for a necessity of life for their families.

Oh yes I should have mentioned that I wasn't 'for' the idea lol ;)

Emmey1 said:
Oh yes I should have mentioned that I wasn't 'for' the idea lol ;)

Lol, I didn't think you would be:) but it's actually quite a clever way of forcing people to enter more times.

Mini_Mog said:
Lol, I didn't think you would be:) but it's actually quite a clever way of forcing people to enter more times.

Yeah! It but having said all that it was prim that ended up getting picked anyway despite kat having her name in there - when it first started I assumed it would go typically that kat and gale would be chosen - but glad it wasn't that predictable!

Emmey1 said:
Yeah! It but having said all that it was prim that ended up getting picked anyway despite kat having her name in there - when it first started I assumed it would go typically that kat and gale would be chosen - but glad it wasn't that predictable!

That's exactly who I thought would get chosen! It's strange isn't it that the way they talk about their district it sounds like something from the Victorian era and then when you hear what the Capitol is like its such a contrast.

I thought it would be Kat and Gale too! lol Glad it wasn't that predictable :D

I can't stop myself to guessing the ending ya know! I drive myself nuts :D lol

:eek: I nearly commented on something from chapter 11 then :eek: lol

I'm having a mad busy day, so no time to have a sneaky read. Grrrr lol

I guessed prim & gale would get picked And Katniss would volunteer.

My guess about what Mockingjay was going to be about was completely wrong!

Mini_Mog said:
I guessed prim & gale would get picked And Katniss would volunteer.

My guess about what Mockingjay was going to be about was completely wrong!

I'm in chap 2 of second book and still no clue what it could be about lol!

Corkscrew said:
I thought it would be Kat and Gale too! lol Glad it wasn't that predictable :D

I can't stop myself to guessing the ending ya know! I drive myself nuts :D lol

:eek: I nearly commented on something from chapter 11 then :eek: lol

I'm having a mad busy day, so no time to have a sneaky read. Grrrr lol

Nearly the weekend corks ;)

Hi guys
Sitting watching my girls at gym got 2 hours and brought book with me.... Bliss just going get a cuppa first x

lynica said:
Hi guys
Sitting watching my girls at gym got 2 hours and brought book with me.... Bliss just going get a cuppa first x

Good plan Ly
I took mine because i am always left waiting a good half hour at the doctors surgery and as it happens I was called in right on time! So no reading, typical!

Back