Can't think of a catchy title...

I wonder if I am not eating enough calories? Anyone else checked their intake? When I can be bothered I might work out a typical day to check!

Hello Woodland Girl,
Thanks for reading my diary earlier! You'll get there with that stubborn lb - you sound very active, not to mention focused and determined!!
Hopefully this week will give you that extra spur!

Hello, and thanks! That pound did go, after I ate more: which is why I might check to see if I am eating enough. Lots of pounds to go, but still motivated. Nice to hear from you fab :)

Food yesterday : could this be counted as a green day as I had no meat? Still confused ?!?

Fruit yog muesli heb

L: home made veg soup
Small Brown roll (4 syns?) wheat free
3 laughing cow extra low
2 high fibre crackers (2/4 syns?) these are wheat free

Pear
Apple

Veg curry rice
Creme egg

About 15 syns

Milk in coffee, lots of water

Yes but just remember if you do a Green Day you should have an extra HEB and HEA. The HEA is not essential as in the description it says "One or two HEA" but the HEB you do need for fibre. Hope that makes sense. x

Pretty good week food wise. Got a cold, so less hungry! Sneaky peak at scales are looking good so I can't wait til Sunday - my new official weigh at home day!
Husband is coeliac, and just found out his prescription foods have been massively cut back. This means a completely new way of eating and more expensive food! Boo!!

2.5 lbs off this week. Yeah!
Needed it especially since I found out last night, hubby still using oil instead of fry light! Grrr

Hi Tracy,

Found your diary. Well done. I know you had a plateau until recently but it looks like you're on the move again. I don't do many green days but if you're not eating meat, you might as well do green. Seems no advantage in doing EE without meat.

Glad you've joined us on the Sunday weighers thread :)

Gail x

Hi Gail
Thanks! Seems like you are a main encourager on this site! I must click on that thank button when next on a computer ! Lol

My eating is now going fine, coming more naturally now and yes, I will be more green and will still try to have one third sf so I don't overdo carbs.

I do have to adapt the plan as I have ibs. So, my fibre is my wheat free muelsi or an apple or a pear! I can't eat any grains really except rice. I can have a little as a treat but it bungs me up so shouldn't count it as heb if that makes sense.

Anyway, right now the better eating, changing what I eat and more exercise have got things moving again, so I am hopeful for this Sunday
Tx

Hm, not very good at the diary lark!
Eating has been fine although I am in danger of getting bored soon. Hubby been away a lot so I got bored working, cooking, washing up, repeat!
I pretty much only snack on superfree and try to drink lots of water.
Not much more to report!

I was like that at the beginning but I like reading about what others are up to do I write a bit more now !

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. I'll see you on the Sunday weighers thread then :)

Gail x

Huh. Not a good day and I guess I know why... I didn't eat enough yesterday for one reason or another , then my stomach has been upset today. Grr. I have ibs but eat soooo carefully that I have been symptom free for months. Today I feel crap, again didn't eat enough to start with and then caved in to some cravings and poor choices at some point after lunch!
Lesson 1. Woodland girl cannot survive right now without carbs!
Lesson 2. When hungry fill up on some free good things. A little sneaky snack is just a downward slope!

So, 8 pm I am in bed with a really painfully sore belly, my iPod and a good book.
I will have a better day tomorrow !

Couch to 5k going well though and hope I am well enough to do it again tomorrow.
Night night x

Hi Tracy,

I find it difficult to manage without carbs too. I have tried the odd red day but just don't feel satisfied. I will try again but maybe need to eat a bit more protein those days. However EE suits me just fine so I'm sure I'll still mostly just stick to that.

Hope your week improves soon and well done on the c25k.

Gail x

Thanks Gail, yes, yesterday just went wrong! Not enough nice things in I think. Tummy still all annoyed with me this morning. Might have to cut back a bit on fruit til it calms down. Grr.
Intend to have a run though. I think perhaps increased exercise rather than less food will be my next step ... And patience! Lol

I teach full time from June to dec (maternity cover) so would love to be most of the way to target by then so I have a new wardrobe. !!

Hope you have a great day Gail
X

Hi WG, thought I'd pop my head in. :)

Don't be disheartened. And the diet is geared up for letting you eat carbs, so go for it. I have ibs too, but I am lucky in that generally only flares up when I've been eating rubbish for too long. Anything else is not so drastic or severe I can't cope with it.

Anyway, keep going, maybe make meals and freeze extra portions, I always do that, saves a lot of cooking for myself during the week.

I am considering the C25K. I an not a runner at all, but my son is, so thinking about doing it so we can go out running together. LOl

Great to hear from you pinkie. Ibs is a real pain isn't it? Trouble is, I don't know that has disagreed with me.
Do the c to 5k - it is so much fun and I think it was free or very cheap to download. I going out now in the hope that it will release happy hormones.
That and my cockatiels are making so much noise! Pete is making phone ringing noises over and over and then shouting hello !!
Giving me a headache even though they are cute!
Let us know when you do your first run'
X

Hi Pinkie, you are going to love it! Some days it feels hard, but the happy hormones that we get from exercise soon go whizzing round :)
I need to leave more time in between lunch and run-more than 2 hours, otherwise I feel it!
Have fun!

So, another week of no loss ,that's 2 in a row, so going to try to keep a diary for your advice.
I have to adapt the plan as I can't eat wheat or rye or oats. So for muesli, pasta, bread etc they are all wheat free. My healthy fibre which keeps me regular include muesli, apples and pears. I can eat about 1 alpen bar a week yum yum !

So, Sunday- green day? Still going to work on having at least one third superfree

B: muesli, ff yog a whole grapefruit, melon, pineapple and pint of water.

Lunch will be
4 slices of polenta. 4 syns? Seems like the jury is out on this one !
Veg soup, 90% superfree and a bit superspeed
A small amount of last night left over potato veg bake. Syn free.

Dinner : will be pasta or rice something or other with lots of veg. Syn free

Snacks: lots of water, fruit

HeA : in coffee and done cheese if I have pasta
Heb muesli. Not sure about second one yet need to find my book to get my options! Lol

Back