Chunky Dunking, taking the plunge and losing the flab!

:asskick:

There you go :p

Now get over it! haha, your food has been ok, one meal does not a week ruin. I bet you enjoyed it and that is what life is about, if you tie yourself in a straight jacket the plan is going to work, you'll just want to rebel.

Have a good day and stop being a negative Nancy, you totally can stick to that for today, have some extra SW friendly bits too if you fancy it, just dont beat yourself up!

.x.x.

:asskick:

There you go :p

Now get over it! haha, your food has been ok, one meal does not a week ruin. I bet you enjoyed it and that is what life is about, if you tie yourself in a straight jacket the plan is going to work, you'll just want to rebel.

Have a good day and stop being a negative Nancy, you totally can stick to that for today, have some extra SW friendly bits too if you fancy it, just dont beat yourself up!

.x.x.

Thank you, you're fast becoming my SW fairy Godmother!
I didn't even enjoy it that much, my OH brought home fish and chips for everyone - and a lot of it too! I felt so sick afterwards, so will def be staying away from that for a while - I asked him to go to Waitrose and pick up Sushi separately, but then everyone else asked for fish and chips - so instead he came home with scampi and chips for me. I love him but I need his help and he's not really getting that feeding me is not helpful!

I've lost 0.5lbs this morning, I know it's still a loss, but as I went up and still haven't worked it out, I'm so gutted, hoping though if I stick to plan this week I'll get a big loss.

I shall try to be cheerier today!!

X

I'm feeling really positive right now, I had my breakfast with half my HeA allowance as topped it up with a Mullerlight, so can have 15g of cheese on my cod tonight. Lunch was carrot sticks, with spinach and an orange. I've just had another orange as a snack with 2 handfuls of pistachio nuts (which I know are quite high in fat, but guessing no more than 10 syns in what I ate). Dinner tonight as planned except adding in a poached egg to up my protein as my abs hurts from exercise DVD.

I think my way forward is planning in a treat nigh once a week - but not with something bad, just something that feels a bit naughty - like pitta pizza and SW chips, as think that will make me less likely to binge as a weekend (which is what I've been doing lately!)..and obviously to stop inviting my friends over, because they encourage me to eat...Which makes me sad as 2 of my friends (1 being my aunt) are quite large ladies, a lot bigger than me, and it makes me sad to see them struggling to do things - I've convinced my aunt to join SW and to come over once a week to work out, but my other friend - is so lovely just doesn't see a problem - if she's happy I know I shouldn't worry as it's her life, but I don't think she knows how great it feels being healthier. :(

X

Thank you, you're fast becoming my SW fairy Godmother!

Is THAT why Im covered in glitter?! :p haha, no bother though, Im just glad I can help :)

Give the OH a smack on the bum for non-supportivity!

Im glad youre feeling good about your day :) you can have tiger nuts (and others) as a B choice if its something you like to pick at. It looks to me like you have done a success express day, which means you CAN have 2 hex a&b if you want. (The only thing would be if you have had any syns you have to count the higher syn value) Just a way you can stay on plan, feel full and still have a weight loss boost.

I love the idea of a SW friendly treat night. Weve just had a curry and I had 2 poppadoms for only 3 syns! Made me feel like I wasnt having a SW meal. I used the coconut greek muller yogurt to make the sauce creamier and OMG it was lovely!

Why not invite your friends over but serve some SW friendly snacks or meal, or get them to help make it while theyre there so they can see how easy it is?? I know it can be so frustrating when they just dont want to acknowledge or dont think there is an issue. Hopefully when she sees the difference in you she might come around to the idea, dont give up just yet :) I have a similar problem with a friend of my who has 3 kids who are all on their way to being like her and it breaks my heart (and p*sses me off haha). I would have everyone join SW if I could.x.x.

Ha no, I believe that's because your arty babies have been crafting!

The weird thing is, if I wanted a small pack of sushi, or extra veg he's the first one to go "Are you supposed to be having that?" But no problem bringing home chips!

What's success express? I've heard about it, but always just assumed it was a week without Syns!

I did used to cook when they came over, which was fun too, but they're so fussy it just got on my nerves - one will always dislike something the other likes. I might start cooking for my aunt when she comes over for exercise night, then I know she wont be hungry and get McDonalds on the way home! She's one of those people who keep saying they're happy being big, but then keeps trying to diet, so I know she's not happy at all, she lost about a stone and then slipped off ( haven't we all!) So I must try and help her stick to it this time!

X

Plan for today!

Breakfast: Aplen light bar (3) and an orange
Lunch: Salad and a bowl of Wheetabix (HeB + A)
Dinner: SW friendly curry - which is not what I had planned, but Abi's put me in the mood for it! with almond milk and a dollop of sugar (3/4), broccoli and green beans! Or Bachelors cheese and broccoli pasta with added veg and 2 slices of garlic bread...can't decide!
X

Last edited:
Silly boys! I looooove sushi (I keep forgetting I can eat it now Im not knocked up, so when I remember I get really excited haha)

Success Express- you change your plate ratio so its only 1/3 free and 2/3 superfree, You count the higher syn value from over the 3 plan for anything that has syns (this can be bad for something like sausages but chocolate and alcohol is the same across all 3 hooray!) you do get 2 have 2 of each hex if you want it though, to help keep you full and choose healthier options.

.x.x.

Ha I've now got Sushi for lunch to make up for it - he does do some things right!

Oh, that makes sense, I might give it a shot if my weight loss slows down again, I've lost another lb today - so it does go when sticking to plan 100%, just need to get my head in the game!

Plan for today:
Breakfast: Alpen light bar (HeB) and an orange
Lunch: Spinach and Rocket salad with 2xpacks of Tesco Sushi (3)
Dinner: Homemade chicken Penne Ramona (5 Syns, maybe 6?) with a rocket salad
X

Last edited:
No, he doesn't do some things right...and I'm considering dumping him every weekend just so I can stick to eating healthy. I am so fed up with breaking my hard work every weekend. I can't seem to get past 12.6, every time i get back down to it, the weekend comes and he brings/buys/lets me eat such awful things!

I feel like crap every Monday. I really fancied a pizza last night, so was going to make pitta ones, but he was ill, gave me puppy dog eyes and talked me into walking to Tesco to buy one for the oven @Oh and can we have some garlic bread too?', which logically I know is my own fault for not resisting eating it, but there's a reason I'm fat - it is because I can't say no...to anything, eating, helping people, buying shoes, it's all the same!

Screw you weekends!

Plan for today;

Breakfast: Alpen light bar (3) orange
Lunch: Wheetabix and milk (HeA+B) with a spoonful of sugar (2), and some salad to snack on
Dinner: Undecided, might just skip it and go to sleep.

Does anyone else want to strangle their OH 90% of the time...?

I am so with you on all of the above!! Especially the shoes ;)

I don't usually have weekends 'off' but the last 2 that has ended up happening and Im SO annoyed with myself.

As for boys dont even get me started!! Maybe have a serious talk with him and let him know how much it means to you and ask him not to buy you sor suggest getting junk food. If he wants it he can go out with his friends or have a SW friendly version (and not complain about it!)

At least your planning well for the day :) and you know you need to have your tea :p aim for something awesome and scrummy and remember why you love the plan? Ive got chilli made for tea tonight, had the Caribbean pepperpot stew last night. I had SW chips the other night, its been ages since I've had them and I dont know why, they were AMAZING :)

Im success expressing this week to try and minimise damage and doing a low syn week. Going to be fun!

.x.x.

They're just so pretty! :)

I'm not putting on, which is good, but I'm in limbo with it! We've had serious chat about it before, and he's been OK, I'm gonna give him this one 'cause he was ill, but I might force him to stay in all weekend next weekend and I'll cook, because it seems to be going out that triggers it (go out, eat, go out, come home, don't want to cook). Like the idea of sending him out though, plus who doesn't secretly love nights in on their own with TV you love and some snuggly socks!I

think half of it is that he's the kind of person that just looks at lettuce and loses weight, he's quite active during the day (busy job!) so all he needs to do is gym once a week and stop eating chocolate for a few days and he's ay his goal, doesn't really get that it takes me such hard work!

I'm low-syn today simply because i haven't done the groceries and there's nothing synful in the house except ginger biccies which I hate!

Think I might do something simple like Ham, egg and chips (aren't they to die for?!), or a mini fry-up :)
X

he can be forgiven this once then haha

I think its good sending them out and letting them (letting them you know haha) eat normal food and not have to hear ""eeeeeh! do you know how many syns are in that?!?!" Im totally guilty of being a bit of a kill joy when it comes to food recently. Maybe plan something fun to do if youre staying in? play board games or watch a movie, try and rope him into doing the miranda workout too haha. Or have a food themed night I love mexican nights, mostly because I get to wear my sombrero, drawn on a moustache and watch Once Upon A Time in Mexico (yay for Johnny Depp ^_^ ) and then tequila can be involved too! The lemon is SF so its a sensible choice ;)

ham, eggs and chips sounds like a fab idea! I usually par boil my chips but this time I put them in a big bowl, a little water in the bottom and microwaved them for 7 minutes instead and I found they didnt break up as much. Ive got a head like a sieve so mine do tend to get over boiled in the pan haha.

I nearly chucked a jelly baby in my mouth as I was making a cuppa, just because they were there and thought I wonder how many syns they are. 1 syn EACH! SO glad I didnt!

.x.x.

Holy crap your Mexican nights sound amazing, I'm so coming to your house! :p Love the idea of themed nights in, might do a Chinese one for Chinese new year and put lanterns around the house! Did make him do Miranda the other ay, but he totally failed at the co-ordination part of it, Gave me a good giggle though!

Fortunately I don't drink, so never have to worry about weekend Syns on booze!
I never par-boil mine, just chuck them in the oven for a little longer, but like them crispy, so doesn't really bother me.

1 Syn each? Bloom' heck, what's in them?!
X

OO I love them crispy so might skip the pre-cooking all together! (I love it when there's less work involved haha)

I love themed nights, it makes just staying in with food and a movie so much more fun and silly (and a little bit special ^_^ )

Practice makes perfect, get the dvd back on for him haha.

I'm guessing its just all sugars, I know when my mums been following other plans they're seen as a good option because they're low in fat. I'm avoiding them like the plague now, hopefully they'll be gone soon anyway, little legs loves them.

Hope the rest of your day went to plan .x.x.

My day has been 100% a rare thing at the moment! I've had 3 lots of fruit (which considering my stomachs been turning all day was all I could manage!), and I've only used 4 syns, happy bunny! Had a delicious dessert of toast with honey and some chopped banana, felt really naughty! :)

How's your day gone? Still can't stop giggling at the nickname "little legs" adorable!
X

yay thats fab! so glad youve had a good day :) I think it helps to feel more positive about then plan and the rest of the week if you can just get that one good day to get you started.

Haha, I come out with all things for his name, pretty sure he would answer to dude though. I cant really call Daisy little legs, hers go up to her ears! definite model/ grace jones in the making haha. I get wrong for calling her kitten in case people think its actually her name (though I wouldnt put it past me) .x.x.

Definitely, when I start I always feel great about it, it's just the actual starting that's the problem!

Oh bless, I think kittens a cute nickname though, especially if she were to be the next Grace Jones! :)

Morning lovely ladies.
Why is it only Tuesday? I can think of nothing I'd rather do today than be at home, snuggled up with a nice film, but alas, the office wont run itself - it probably could, but it wont.

Breakfast: Wheetabix (HeB) with half HeA of almond milk and chopped banana
Lunch: Tin of tuna (weird craving day apparently!) a free mugshot and some salad
Dinner: Tikka Massala with the other half of almond milk and 4ish Syns for added sugar

Gonna be a good day food-wise I think! :)

X

I am dead on my feet today. Can't seem to get a good night sleep lately! Keep waking up every time I get into a deep-sleep, it's turning me into a zombie, anyone have any recommendations?

Plan for today (other than nodding off into my coffee)
Breakfast: 2XWholemeal toasts (HeB) butter (4) banana!
Lunch: Spinach, Sushi, possibly a MugShot
Dinner: Tuna mayo (4) jacket potato and a salad

ZZZZZZZZzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Food looks fab for the day, everyone seems to be having jacket potatoes haha.

I like valerian tea for a good nights sleep. Also the avon sleeptherapy range is really nice, they have a pillow mist spray you put on your bed about 10 minutes before you get in so it has time to settle. They also do a sleep balm to that you rub into your temples which I find helps (it also helps when i have a migraine) .x.x.

I think I'm gonna have to give them a shot, shattered, which is making me hungry so really need to sort it out! I think I've got s sleep-balm hidden somewhere, though ashamedly we moved 8 months ago and it's probably still in a box, hidden somewhere!

Your babies are so adorable!!!! *squee!*

X

Back