COCO COLA

Hi All,

I am starting my diet tomorrow STW and will need all the support and motivation.

I weight 11stones 6 pounds. I have put on a stone after pregnancy and need to shift that first and than try to go back to my pre IVF weight of 8 stones.

I am an accountant and have a desk job so sit for long hours and my worst enemy is coco cola. I am an addict I drink nearly 500ml to 1 litre a day. Hence the name cola belly.

I used to weight 8.5 stones and I started IVF in 2012 October and in those 6 weeks I put on a stone. I was n emotional wreck taking those injections and indulged my self in cakes cookies chocolates anything u name it. I become 9.5 stones than I put on a stone throughout pregnancy. I did loose it but after a few months I went of plan and ended up putting on 2 stones after pregnancy.

Now at 11.6 I need to loose 3.6 which will be a struggle and have no idea how I will survive

Tomorrow is day 1 and any tips will be helpful.
Coke is my enemy water is my new friend

Do as much exercise as you can, you will really need it to lose the weight. I am a total fan of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and do it around 4-5 times per week (I only do the first programme though and no weights) or any of the other exercise workouts on the market, they are all pretty good. For busy people, I think this is the best way to include exercise as it's quick, cheap and you can do it at home in 30 mins. I probably shouldn't tell you this :) but if you are going to drink cola anyway, it might be best to get the new "life" coke variety. They use that new natural sweetener, stevia and reduced sugar. I love cola as well, so I feel your pain. I used to drink copious amount of diet coke which is also bad so I now drink the life version but try to limit it as much as possible. Obviously though, if you can drink water instead, then that is a much better option - obviously. Another tip is to reduce portion size for main meals (you can still eat the same foods but just give yourself slightly less than you nomally would) and try to swap interesting fruits such as passion fruit/berries etc for the chocolates and sweets. Fruit is so underestimated, it just takes a push initially to make the change but then you realise how tasty and refreshing it is. From what you say, you are obviously not a natural over-eater as you were 8 stone before, so it's just a matter of reigning it in for a few months and reduce your portions sizes and increase your exercise.

Good luck for your weight loss journey

Back