Dani's Diary

Donus great explanation of Dukan in on paragraph good look Donuts and Laura 1986 xxx

I'm starting to understand the diet. I am going to use up my slim&save packs (a low carb diet) for 14 days and then do Dukan. I will be running alongside all of the diets. I like the long term concept of Dukan. I'm hoping to lose 7 pounds in 2 weeks on slim&save and then lose my remaining 7-14pounds on Dukan but slower :)

Where have you managed to buy oat bran!?

Great! I bought mine from Tesco for £1.99 but you can get it at any big supermarket I think or at Holland & Barratts :)

Don't even feel hungry today! I love oatbran :D it must be what Lembas bread is made of...(all you Lord of the Rings fans out there) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Good start Donut! You're doing really well.

I go running but I started that before I started Dukan! You can do Dukan without the book but its better and easier with it! Look in local charity shops they are bound to have a copy for not many pennies! :D

Oat bran on offer at aldi atm dirt cheap xxx

I usually shop in aldi so that's perfect. I've never spotted it before is if usually by cereals? What do you eat with it?

its one of the specials so not always available so stock up. Laura you must have your oatbran everyday on Dukan when you read the book it will say. And as for what to do with it the list is endless, theres porridge muffins ,bread gallette etc loads of recipes and so filling xxx

great loss Danni xxx

Thank you I will get in aldi tomorrow and have a look and make my way through the book - plan to start in 13 days!

Good luck Lara! Stayed on track again today :) I think it's helped that I've been quite busy with revision I'm not thinking about food so I'm gona try and keep myself occupied with translations and uni work as much as I can! Might improve my grades at the same time :D In total I've had 300g of yoghurt today with my daily dose of oatbran, half a tin of salmon, half a tin of tuna, 2 beef slices, turkey steak and scrambled eggs. I've also had a 4th bottle of water today and 3 cups of green tea. I'm currently drinking a diet coke and plan on having a nice camomile tea before bed :) oooooh please please please be a lb lighter in the morning Dani!!

0.5lbs lighter! Down into the next pound :) I have have two days left of attack so if I can keep this up I'll have reached my goal for the first phase - yay! Shall be doing an hour an a half of walking today aswell as my classes start and I live a stupid distance away from the town centre. But now it's gona work to my advantage :D Happy days.

I just have a quick question regarding Turkey mince: I bought a pack today as it was reduced and I thought Turkey is in general quite lean. Looking at the back it says that there is approx 5g of fat per 100g, but the saturates is only 1.5g. If I were to eat about 200g the sat fat would only be about 3g but in total the fat comes to 10g - is that a bit much?

I just have a quick question regarding Turkey mince: I bought a pack today as it was reduced and I thought Turkey is in general quite lean. Looking at the back it says that there is approx 5g of fat per 100g, but the saturates is only 1.5g. If I were to eat about 200g the sat fat would only be about 3g but in total the fat comes to 10g - is that a bit much?

Just cook it and drain all the fat off, thats what most of us do and with Turkey mince its already lean so you will be fine. xx

Just cook it and drain all the fat off, thats what most of us do and with Turkey mince its already lean so you will be fine. xx

Thankyou! I'm planning on making Koftes and cooking them in the George Foreman grill which should help with fat drainage :D

Sounds great! I look forward to joining you it sounds like quite a sensible way of eating..

They didn't have oatbran in my Aldi, will look in the other shops!

I'm finding it really do-able so far I'm at the end of attack day 4 and I feel really good. No more headaches yay! My menus are pretty humdrum it's got to be said but that doesn't bother me so much. Things in my life are going nicely for once and me being happy is definitely making a difference too - I always turned to food for a bit of comfort so it's certainly helping that I don't need any!

Had my oatbran and yoghurt for breakfast as usual - this fills me up sooo much and for a good few hours - I just love it. Then I snacked on half a tin of tuna and a little more yoghurt. Just had a dish of scrambled eggs now and planning a meat feast for supper in a short while: two turkey koftes and a turkey breast steak - yummy! And pretty much drank the same as I do every other day xD

And did my walking too! :D In total I think I walked approximately an hour and a half (with wet shoes and socks because of this disgusting weather! But that's another story...) Ooooh I wonder if I'll see another half a lb gone in the morning... :D

well done

I read most of the book

Think I will do a 3 day attack... it is pretty much meat and eggs every meal ay?! tough..

Don't forget low fat yoghurt! Yummy. It can be quite tough though and a little boring as there's not too much variety really. As we get more used to it though I'm sure we'll come up with more and more interesting recipes! :)
I'm quite boring in what I eat anyway to be honest and I can be quite fussy so plain suits me alright haha and I'm a lover of meat so it's not such a chore. (Let's see if I still think that in two weeks' time...) :rolleyes: Oh and I only had the one kofte after with my turkey steak because they really filled me up - tidy!

Back