Daz FINALLY has a food diary

Tuesday 6th August

Breakfast

35g Muesli with orange segments, coffee. (HEb, HEa x 50 ml x 2)

Lunch

2 slices wholemeal toast 800g loaf, 3 lite cheese slices, yogurt over orange segments, coffee. (Just cant be bothered to count this today. it will work out ok in the end, had hardly any syns so far this week)

Dinner

TBA

Thats ok flower, just see how you fair tomorrow. You can do it if you want, you know that. I really am going to need to give you an incentive i think, maybe the lbd will get you motivated. lol. xxxxxx

Thats just silly, why have them there if you cant stop temptation? im surprised as there is chocolate, kit kats, biscuits etc in the house but i havent touched any of it for weeks now.

I buy treats & put them on the top shelve in the cupboard, so when I open the cupboard I can't see them, I need my little stool to reach them!!

Its like i said to someone the other day whi confessed to having a weigh EVERY TIME they walked into the bathroom, put the scales in a cupboard, either behind or under something, make it a chore to get them out. Same goes for treats, hide them somewhere awkward, or dont have them in the house at all.

I feel a blog update. lol.

Dinner last night

Wow, indulged in sw chips. Ok so not perfect as far as the concept of chips go, but good enough. I think i will be eating a lot more of that.

Chips, beans, 2 rashers of bacon and 2 fried eggs. All done in low cal spray oil of course.

Have about lost the will with this diary business. Between the blog here and the one im starting on Talk Health im starting to run out of hours in the day.

I shall of course stay just as disciplined, just not writing about what i eat.

Right, new approach, rather than being a diary of what i am eating this can be a place to put my recipes of things i have eaten. It wont be daily but when i feel that something is worthwhile posting i shall throw it in here. Please feel free to add Your ideas and recipes.

Something i tried last night. (please note, there are sometimes 3 lots of food due to the fact i am stuck living at the parents house due to health reasons, not because im a greedy git and hence why i am so fat. :8855:

Minced Beef and Cheese topped Marrow Boats
(use the cheese from Your daily allowance, or syn it, either way its not much, everything else is free)

Ingredients

Serves :3 - 4

• 450g (1 lb) minced beef
  • 1 beef oxo cube
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 10 mushrooms, quartered
  • 1 red pepper, diced
  • 1 small courgette, diced
  • 1 tin chopped tomatoes

• 1/2 - 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1/2 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 large marrow, halved and hollowed (or quartered if large)
  • handful grated cheddar cheese to top

Directions

Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min

1. Preheat oven to 160 C / Gas 3.
  2. Brown the mince in a large frying pan, crumble oxo cube and fry for 5 minutes. Add onion, mushrooms and peppers and fry until brown.
  3. Add tinned tomatoes, chilli, garlic and herbs and simmer for 10 minutes add salt and pepper to taste
  4. Place the marrow on tin foil and make a foil boat shape around it, spoon in the mince mixture and top with cheese, bake in the oven for 30 minutes until marrow is soft and the cheese is golden brown.

View attachment 104418View attachment 104419

Last edited:
I perhaps shouldn't promote commercial items here but i will say that 2 things that are probably the best items i have bought of late that will help this weight loss, is a soup maker and a food vacuum packer. The soup maker will do chunky or smooth soups, as well as hot or cold, smoothies, or even used as a blender. And the vacuum sealer, its awesome for food storage when You make soups or recipes that are for 4, when You only need one portion. I currently have 4 portions of bolognaise frozen in individual bags ready to just cut the corner off and go into the microwave. Next week i will look towards making some more stuff to fill the freezer with.

I have included 2 links, but they are the ones i have bought, obviously there are other makes available, this is just so You can see what i have.

Coopers of Stortford Soup Maker from Coopers of Stortford (soup maker) No need to stand over a pan, chuck it in, press go, wait for bleep 20 mins later.

"Food Sealer" Food Sealer at JML Direct (food sealer) Will reseal bags as well as seal and vacuum. Perfect for stocking up on healthy foods.

Maybe not the cheapest items but in the end so well worth the money.

Will we ever eat up all the bloody marrows?????

Just a basic roast dinner, beef, with spuds done with just a spray of oil, but drizzled with Bovril. I shall have a small amount of gravy but i haven't syned yet today so im not bothered. I only had a yogurt and mixed fruit for brekkie so i shall be ok. And the marrow, baked with a filling of Mediterranean vegetables. Just chop some onion, carrot, tomatoes, courgette, and any other veg You have or like, mix in a bowl with a spray of oil, then spoon into the marrow. I baked for 45 mins, but it depends on the size of the marrow. I also scooped out some flesh to put in the mix and to give more hollow for the med veg to sit in.

View attachment 104441

I go on recipes uk for ideas on what to do with certain foods, it also gives me ideas on what to have for a change.

i search all over the web for recipes, but nearly always end up back on this site. i have found some that are Slimming World friendly, but need to make more of an effort to cook some up really.

Back