Diamond Member award

I was visiting another group last week in a different town, as i missed my weigh in. It was kind of embarrassing (but i love the attention). I was 'recognised' from the magazine last year. That group didnt have any diamond members. When the consultant read out my loss, the gasps where there. She asked me how long it took me, and how long have i maintained etc.

I was working it out, i said i got my Diamond award about five months ago. That led to a discussion amongst the group as they hadnt heard of the Diamond award.

I also learnt something new. If you are a diamond member it says so on the card when its read, its quite funny because it reads as if it is your middle name. So mine said Gareth Diamond Ellis.
Thanks for that added info Gareth, I'm not sure my middle name is entered on my records, will be a bit long if it is but no matter, it's the Diamond member part I'm after....about 4 or 5 weeks to go and counting!!! :D

Ooh I might ask my consultant about that as I don't have a middle name so that will be cool

:( I'd be dead grumpy about that!!!

The badge is great. It has what looks like a diamond in...
I'd spoken to my consultant a few weeks ago and she agreed the date for my diamond award was last Wednesday. I waited all meeting but nothing for me or even a mention of the "great" event!! Afterwards I asked her about an award certificate she said she'd sent for one, should be there next week."And the badge?"..."Oh I'll have to look into that" she said. :cry:

The club 10 and the diamond awards are the most important of them all imho. The club 10 tells you are well on your way, and diamond that not only have you got where you wanted to be, youve stayed there for 12 months....

For the diamond award do you have to have stayed perfectly within the 6lb range all year or just be in it at the end of the year? For example if you had a little gain on holiday that took you a couple of weeks to get off, would you still get the diamond award at the end of the year? It's early days having only been at target a week but I like to understand how things work!! I've seen one of our group get the award - our consultant made a lovely deal of it for her. A presentation of the certificate and badge and bought her flowers and took a photo of her with a sash on. She keeps photos of all her diamond members - there are a few around. She got her to tell us all her story to motivate us all. It definitely made me think 'I want that'.

Back