Dietninja returns...3 months to slimdom

Well done on getting the 1st day under your belt Dietninja.

Steps are steps at the end of the day. I've decided to walk up & down the stairs needlessly to burn a few more calories off. Every little helps I hope x

So I'm off the wagon again...but still low carb so still going in the right direction, just slower!

I knew this weekend was going to be hard - 6 nine-year-olds round for a birthday party sleep over - which of course means no sleep and lots of junk food!

I did avoid all the junk, had 44g carbs and 1600 cals, and 3 litres of water. I will low carb again tomorrow, until I'm ready to restart on Monday. Back at work will put me into a routine and keep me very busy which will help.

Onwards....

B - White choc and rasp shake

L - tuna & avocado salad

S - cashews & pistachios

T - steak & salad

Ex - none
1600 / 44

your day was still very very good....especially when you consider its a "party" weekend. I have found myself, in the past, talking myself off plan when there is an event or a celebration going on with things like "well its xxxxx <enter event or celebration here> and its only a couple of days, i will just get right back on plan and it will be FINE....and youre meant to enjoy life...." etc. and end up just making a pig of myself the entire weekend. So I think you did really well. :)

You did good on avoiding the junk food Dietninja. That shows that you were able to make good choices so well done x

Thank you ladies. Support so appreciated!

I felt awful this morning - low carb flu I guess, as even though I'm not on Exante at moment, I'm still on day three of low carb.

I'm going to do a day of packs tomorrow. Not going to think further ahead than that....!

I'm dreading going back to school tomorrow. I know it's going to be rushed and hellish and as much as I love my job, I haven't done enough prep work this holiday and I have been sleeping really badly so feel rubbish :(

Sun 4th Jan

Ex: 8500 steps (so far)
Water: 2.5 litres (so far)

B - Exante banana shake

L - chicken saag masala at Waitrose cafe (no accompaniments!)

S - handful of mixed nuts

T - cup of homemade chicken soup
2 slices courgette & goats cheese frittata

1500 / 52

Good luck flower!
I am totally going to pinch your tip about not having a pack until i drink a litre of water. The 3rd litre is like trying to drink the contents of a large fish tank!! I have started a diary too, fingers crossed all round!

So day 4 for me and I've actually stuck to the packs...whoop! Purely because I was so busy at work (and am clearly already in ketosis...yay!) First time I've had the first pack early - 8.30am - and I was worried I wouldn't make it through the day on three packs as I started so early but it's been fine. I've been so busy I've barely considered it...

So today:

Water: 3 litres (plus 2 black coffees, a black tea and a herbal tea)
Ex: 12291 steps

8.30 vanilla shake
1.50 mushroom & pasta soup
8pm toffee nut and raisin bar

623/52

Last edited:
You're doing fantastic so far diet ninja! Well done, hope you have a great week! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good day by the sounds of it.

is the raspberry porridge a new addition?

I don't know, I'm afraid...I just ordered a bundle and it was in there. I didn't have it either, I changed my mind and had a scrummy bar!

Doing great. Well done :)

Day 5 - Tues Jan 6th

So I started off the day thinking I might low carb today, but I was soooo busy I didn't have time to arrange food...that's one BIG plus for this diet, when I'm busy it's so easy to organise!

Today my girls went back to school so the morning was frantic, I had an observed lesson at work in the afternoon followed by a meeting I was in charge of, followed by slimming world meeting (legacy from end of last year and I wanted to pick up the new pack) so I've literally only just got in and sat down.

Ex - 15800 steps
Water - 2.5 litres...could be better! 3 black coffees, 2 black teas

B - vanilla shake (I stick it in the smoothie maker and take it to work to drink)

L - spag Bol pack (not so keen on this one but might be because I made it at 1.30pm but didn't get a chance to eat it until 3.30pm....)

T - rasp & white choc bar

So a good, on plan day....:) am leaving the door open for an extra pack or boiled egg if I want, but so far no problems :)

Last edited:
Back