Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

Hi Ladies, is this thread for people doing SW on non fast days then fasting for two days a week? Believe me I've done every diet, lost 6 stone on WW, 3 on SW but doesn't dieting on your up days defeat the purpose of this diet? Surely the great thing is get through those two fast days and enjoy not counting calories/points/syns for the other five? Just playing Devil's Advocate x

I plan to still do SW. There`s no such thing as normal for me as I need to have some structure.
Just want to kick start the weight loss as I haven`t been doing very well recently. Will probably give myself a few more syns on the non-fasting days. Will have to see what works. Maybe I`ve been on SW for too long and it isn`t working anymore.

Hi I know what you mean. When I say normal I still track my calorie intake on non fast days too. But those two fast days give you a deficit of 3000 cals a week. If you can stick to the right calorie intake for your height and weight you can lose a lb a week. I did SW grudgingly, I lost weight but hated every minute of it. Its too strict for me, the syns system. If you can manage this diet and try some exercise on the other days you will see a loss.
I plan to still do SW. There`s no such thing as normal for me as I need to have some structure.
Just want to kick start the weight loss as I haven`t been doing very well recently. Will probably give myself a few more syns on the non-fasting days. Will have to see what works. Maybe I`ve been on SW for too long and it isn`t working anymore.

:)

I've used it in the past but it annoys me as it is so slow to input meals, I never seem to have time to spend doing it grrrr, sometimes good old pen and paper and my battered calorie guide are the order of the day ;)

I have the MFP app on my phone and its great now, there's a barcode scanner so its real easy!

Hi Ladies, is this thread for people doing SW on non fast days then fasting for two days a week? Believe me I've done every diet, lost 6 stone on WW, 3 on SW but doesn't dieting on your up days defeat the purpose of this diet? Surely the great thing is get through those two fast days and enjoy not counting calories/points/syns for the other five? Just playing Devil's Advocate x

I'm using the principles of SW on my non fasting days simple because it suits me. I'm not a huge fan of carbs so red SW days are perfect for me. I also need something in place to just stop me eating rubbish for the sake of it. However I'm not going to be as strict as I am on SW, if I want a bit of choc I'll have it, if I want chips with my dinner I'll have it - I use MFP to track calories too so I'll continue to do that to make sure I'm not going too low on my other days.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The fast days need to be spread out...

Toni I hate carrott sticks too thats how why I eat them I have to take my time doing so...

The soup is really easy to make. bag of frozen free veg, farm foods is a pound for a large bag, I've got winter veg at the moment. I use about half a bag at a time, add a stock cube, salt and pepper and enough water to cover the veg. cook until soft then blitz it after it's cooled, you can add tinned tomatoes if you like but it'll add to the calorie total for fasting days...

I love FF, I don't go there as much nowadays but it is good. Will definitely look into the soup idea.

Hey good idea to start a new thread. I had an epic meal out last night after fasting all day and I was so full! Didn't even want dessert (although the boy insisted on ordering one but I just had a taste and that was all I could manage) do feel a bit guilty though - dont think ill feel totally relaxed about eating normally till I see some results on the scales next week (fingers crossed) I think im going to eat normally at weekends and then diet through the week. My fasting days will be Monday and Thursday but even on the feast days I'm going to just snack on fruit and yoghurt during the day if I get hungry and then enjoy my sw friendly evening meal. Think I'm meetin a friend for lunch one day so not going to worry about the odd off day during the week either! i really hope this works! Need to train for a 10k run on 14th April as well so hoping to get some runs in this week too! Hope you are all having a nice weekend x

Well I've been reasonably sensible food wise for the rest of the weekend - did consume a bottle of wine last night though but hey ho I'm hoping the fasting will compensate my terrible wine habit. We are going to have tea tonight and then fast til tomorrow teatime when we will have our 500kcal in one meal.. Planning a salmon stir fry with garlic soy sauce and ginger which should be well under the 500kcals so could even have some noodles with it if we were starving - will see how it goes. My other half is in work all day so reckon its going to be easier for him coz he will be kept busy. I've got some carrots in the fridge if I get desperate through the day haha. Hope you're all having a nice Sunday afternoon x

Still not 100% sure whether to fast all day until dinner or not. I'm thinking I'll fast until 1pm then have my homemade SW soup (96 cals total) then fast until 7-8pm when I get home and have a high cal dinner. I've also got 3 strawberries with me, only 9 cals, incase I'm desperate mid-morning! What do you reckon?

That sounds fine - just do what you think is best for you - I know the earlier I eat the more I will want to eat later (if I have breakfast I'm starving by lunch time) but have realised I can go most of the day without (supplemented by my diet coke habit which isn't the healthiest I'm hoping to drink more water hahaha) just see how you feel at lunch x

I'm thinking I'll split up my calories into small meals otherwise I think I'll starve :p Planning on a slice of toast (wholemeal 400g loaf slice at 58c), 5g butter (33c I think) and a clementine (around 35c) for breakfast then some carrot and coriander soup (100 cals) for lunch and then when I get home I'll decide for sure what I want for dinner (I.E if I can be bothered to cook properly or want to make a couscous salad :p) :) Feeling really horribly ill atm, coughing constantly which is making every inch of my body ache, lost my voice and have a really bad cold again so am so miserable and uncomfortable from that :( Think that will help with not eating though, finding it hard to eat atm so that's good timing I suppose... :p

In going to skip breakfast and just have lemon water til lunchtime & see how I feel. I can trick my body with liquid ;) x

In going to skip breakfast and just have lemon water til lunchtime & see how I feel. I can trick my body with liquid ;) x

Tempted to do the same to see how I'll cope haha! x

Hi all, I've subscribed to this post. Looking forward to seeing how you are all doing. Well done on your weight loss so far.

i decided to try limiting my food today but by 4pm was hungry and just had to eat so not managed it! Only ate SW free foods but definitely gone over 500 for the day. May try again one day next week

So here goes day 1 of fasting....I've woken up hungry which NEVER happens to me, obviously my body knows what I'm planning haha. Time for some lemon water and then to get ready for work!

Haha always the way! Hope the lemon water does the trick! I've just been feeding my son weetabix -really wanted some! So far not feeling too hungry don't think that will last too long though:) good luck with your fast x x

Day 1 of 5:2 and I'm having a fast day. My plan is to have green tea and lemon (0cal) all morning, cup a soup (58cal) for lunch and decide on dinner later when I get in. Might have an omelette and salad or something.
Ill update later with how I'm feeling.

I'm on Day 3 - I did 2 'feast' days over the weekend and today is my 'fast' day. Lemon water for breakfast, feelings fine so far!

Back