Doing SW Alone/At Home TEAM!

Keldelacoe said:
That's terrible, why can't ppl just be supportive???? Crikey! I would want to save my syns for a better treat than a load of moaning minnies too ;)

Yea! I got a promotion last month and I thought it would be a good chance to get to know them! Anyway maybe there jealous! Because there old and fat and I'm young and nearly thin lol!

Purpled said:
Yea! I got a promotion last month and I thought it would be a good chance to get to know them! Anyway maybe there jealous! Because there old and fat and I'm young and nearly thin lol!

Haha sounds that way ;)

Hi all,
I was going to group but never used to stay so I've decided to do it from home.
Can I join your group?

Welcome to the group ! :)
How you finding doing it at home? x

Im struggling the past two weeks. Just not motivated. I've decided im having something naughty to eat tonight and im planning all my meals for the next week and booking exercise classes. As soon as im back into the swing of it I'll be ok. Sometimes my head isn't in it after gaining and going off track.

Our goals are the same minnie! I do want to lose another 2lb before I go on holiday just for room to gain a but. So I'll get down to 8st12 for that. But my target is 9. Cannot wait! I'll be very happy!!

Are goals are the same your just an inch smaller then me :) that 2lb idea before holiday is a good idea mind if i pinch? haha! I'm trying to get down to 9 by july! (going to spain) Hopefully i can do it, i've got a size 10 polka dot bikini screaming "leave the 12s and joooiiinn us" LOL!

what day are you doing minniex? ive been sticking to the green day as thats the only one a know well enough? x

I do extra easy, I haven't tried any of the other days before I think I should but so god damn picky haha! How you finding it on green? x

So annoyed today! Went out with work for lunch! They know I'm doing slimming world and ive lost 26lbs since new year so it's working! Anyway I ordered a salad!

Which was lettuce, peppers, onion, chicken breast, 2 bits bacon and French dressing!

All they moaned on about was that I need more than salad! I said I'm having Chinese sat night and will be drinking over bank holiday so I'm gonna behave today! Thought they'd shut up!

They just went on and in and in! Saying it was boring! I'm not going out for lunch with them again! Why can't they just be supportive! I'm trying to make good changes for my health

Like you said in your second post " jelous because your young and getting thin " haha love it!
Were all here to support you and well done for being good! that chinese will be worth it ;)

Purpled said:

I know exactly what you mean. When I was pregnant I was told, by some colleagues, that I should be careful how much weight I put on because I wouldn't get it off etc.
Then a few weeks after having my little one they were making comments and in a subtle way comparing me to another colleague that had had a baby a short while before me. They were saying how good she was looking and the weight was dropping off her.
Now I've returned to work and lost almost all of the weight, they are saying I shouldn't loose any more, I'm going to start looking gaunt blah, blah, blah.
Ive still got weight to loose and I'm far from gaunt!

It's shocking the lengths people will go to due to jealousy! They are constantly offering me chocolates and sweets saying "go on, just one, one's not going to harm you"
So far I've been very good and stuck to sw

So far do good minniex
I enjoy cooking and this time surround I'm really dedicated.
Me and my DH had a treat takeaway for valentines and were so disappointed and we both preferred the curries I cook so we haven't had one since and we're not missing it at all.
Since I started sw in jan my DH has done it from home and lost three stone

Last edited:
Maybe they can see your winning and doing so great! They either are jealous or see faults in themselves. Normally its insecure people that try put others down!

aw that would have been so nice for yous to be beside him aww see i cant get those mags here :( sounds soo good though!! same here since being married ive got right into cooking you generally do have to cook everything from scratch tho which i love atm as hubbys here but when he goes think im going to live on beans n apples haha hate it when hes away!

Thats really shocking purpled they should be proud and supportive of how far youv came just because you eat a "boring" salad doesnt reflect on the sort of person you are atleast your taking care of your inner body and making sure your healthy and fit people can be so judgemental!! its defiantly jealousy! Go you for ignoring them and not giving in. its hard going out and choosing the healthier thing when theres so much maybe nicer things on the menu! shame on them! x

So far do good minniex
Me and my DS had a treat takeaway for valentines and were so disappointed and we both preferred the curries I cook so we haven't had one since and we're not missing it at all.
Since I started sw in jan my DS has done it from home and lost three stone
Yeah I haven't wanted a takeaway at all on the diet! Sometimes i crave a macdonalds on the very odd occasion but obviously ignore it. I dont no what it is but when ever im on a diet i always crave mcdonalds inperticular if i do crave anything but when im not dieting i hardly ever eat it anyway.
three stone! thats brill!

minniex said:
Yeah I haven't wanted a takeaway at all on the diet! Sometimes i crave a macdonalds on the very odd occasion but obviously ignore it. I dont no what it is but when ever im on a diet i always crave mcdonalds inperticular if i do crave anything but when im not dieting i hardly ever eat it anyway.
three stone! thats brill!

Just shows that with a bit of will power and determination it can be achieved x

Geobar said:
So far do good minniex
Me and my DS had a treat takeaway for valentines and were so disappointed and we both preferred the curries I cook so we haven't had one since and we're not missing it at all.
Since I started sw in jan my DS has done it from home and lost three stone

My husband has lost over three stone too since jan! It's great doing it together :)

Just realised my phone was correcting DH to DS. My 11 month old son is not on SW. Just in case anyone picked up on that lol

Geobar said:
Just realised my phone was correcting DH to DS. My 11 month old son is not on SW. Just in case anyone picked up on that lol

Lol! My phone corrects all my spelling mistakes into words I don't even know! Lol I read back what I write sometimes and I'm like arghhhh

Hey guys, I joined SW online nearly 5 weeks ago (5th weigh in this Sunday). Was hoping I could join in here with you guys, I'm Jen, 23, from Northern Ireland :)

Was wondering, as home weighers, do you ever worry that your scales are off? I've been doing well in my loss so far but I really am starting to worry that maybe I'm not losing as much as the scales say? Am I the only one with this concern?

All_about_the_climb said:
Hey guys, I joined SW online nearly 5 weeks ago (5th weigh in this Sunday). Was hoping I could join in here with you guys, I'm Jen, 23, from Northern Ireland :)

Was wondering, as home weighers, do you ever worry that your scales are off? I've been doing well in my loss so far but I really am starting to worry that maybe I'm not losing as much as the scales say? Am I the only one with this concern?

As long as you weigh on the same scales on the same surface you should be fine. If your worried weigh on your scales and then go somewhere like boots and weigh, do the same the following week and even if the weights are different the amount lost should be the same. If that makes sense

Hi! Welcome!

I think as long as you use same scales each week, at same time, wearing same! Then there fine!

If u don't trust your scales the ones in boots are 50p?? Maybe
You could use them, cheaper than meetings!

But I trust my scales at home! Just make sure there not on carpet, as long as its a hard surface like tiles! Mine are electronic too, so quite precise!

Hi Jen :))))

I started beginning of jan and bought myself a good pair of WW scales but I don 100% trust them I can be three different weights in 5 mins unless my floors ar uneven so I go to boots every Friday! I know they are right!!!

I'm not weighing in for three weeks though as oh is in Kenya, really need to behave lol

Thanks guys, I weigh on a tiled surface (making sure my scales are in the middle of a tile rather than on the cracks). I live in a small town and the nearest boots is miles and miles away, to the point where it's not convenient so I guess I really just have to trust mine. I may go to my grans this weekend to see if I'm a similar weight on hers ?!? I think my problem is I'm just having trouble adjusting to the fact that for once I'm sticking to a plan and losing weight. I'm completely paranoid about the whole situation. Someone told me the other day that I'd lost weight and I immediately assumed my friend had told them and they were just being nice, I later found out they hadn't. Guess it just takes some getting used to.

Back