Doing SW Alone/At Home TEAM!

Im going it alone also! I am a newbie too, help! I have the books so I am sure I will be fine .

I will be keeping up to date with you lot to keep me going hehe x:D

Beatthefat! said:
Sorry this is so random but do any of yous have like a naughty day my friends been doing it for a while and i think she saves a few of her syns for the weekend so she can get a cheeky takeaway and shes lost soo much n done this from the beginning do any of yous do this too? and have yous still lost!? xxx

I save my syns for whatever I like and I still lose...usually a booze up ;) lol. I love making SW kfc, donor kebab, gyros, smash pizza, curries, Chinese, sushi so don't tent to miss takeaways ... If I have a takeaway Chinese or Indian I stay within syns as there are loads of stuff on the menu well within syns :)

Yeah the first few days when I did the shred my legs were exactly the same! After a few days though they are fine so don't worry just push through it :) I did the 30 days and I've just started it again but I'm just doing it as and when I get the chance as I've got a dissertation to write by May so I need to prioritise that. I know it's only 20 odd minutes but by the time I've got into my workout stuff, moved my coffee table out of the way, filled up my water bottle, done it and showered off, an hour has nearly gone by. I love how I say this and yet I still find time to post on minimins though ;)

I do save my syns sometimes but my losses don't seem to be as good when I do this, it must not work well for me doing it this way! The last time I did this to have fish and chips (tiny portion - I ate about 5 chips as they were too fatty and a small fish) and a chinese (also a much smaller portion than I would usually have) I stayed the same and when I did it so I could drink on a night out, I lost a pound. I usually lose about 3lbs so I don't think its worth it for me xxx

Jade, just seeing your username...did you do lighterlife before? My best friend is currently doing it (we're doing the whole weight loss thing together) and I want to support her as much as possible. How come you switched to SW? I personally don't think I could do lighter life and then adapt back in to eating everyday without massive gains so that was my motivation for SW. Just thinking this whole post could be completely irrelevant if your name is just a coincidence haha!

I used to use all my syns in one go. Just because I used to drink loads of vodka and eat some treats. This hasn't worked for me as I was eating things drunk and not remembering how much id ate! Lol. So I've stopped this for a few weeks because I went the whole of march and im still the same weight. Im trying to stick to 10 a day. Hopefully it will be ok.

No probs :) Your loss so far is pretty impressive, how long have you been following SW for? I'm heading in to week 5 and I am really enjoying it but I'm finding myself obsessed with thinking about food, about what is a good choice, what isn't and I'm even more concerned with what the god damn scales say lol!

All_about_the_climb said:
No probs :) Your loss so far is pretty impressive, how long have you been following SW for? I'm heading in to week 5 and I am really enjoying it but I'm finding myself obsessed with thinking about food, about what is a good choice, what isn't and I'm even more concerned with what the god damn scales say lol!

I'm obsessed too! It's crazy! It's all I think about! Like eating out tonight, getting an Indian, keep changing my mind what to have. Decided chicken rogan josh and boiled rice. But feel crazy how low in syns it is! Like I keep comparing it to weight watchers! As on ww it be lots of points! But SW it's 6.5syns (per 360g portion)

I haven't even braved the chinese, as the only thing I like is chicken curry and fried rice (I just don't 'get' boiled rice) so the amount of syns would just send me in to obsessive scale hopping madness lol! My main panic this week is thinking about how my Easter dinner will affect my loss AND I have a wedding next Friday which will have an effect too! Ahh!

I haven't even braved the chinese, as the only thing I like is chicken curry and fried rice (I just don't 'get' boiled rice) so the amount of syns would just send me in to obsessive scale hopping madness lol! My main panic this week is thinking about how my Easter dinner will affect my loss AND I have a wedding next Friday which will have an effect too! Ahh!

I don't like rice always have noodles - free and chicken in black bean sauce (4.5) or chicken chow mien which I think is either 6.5 or 7.5 :)

Thank you, yours is too! Have you lost 15.5lbs since March? I started right at the end of January so it's nearly 10 weeks I think and I do love it. I was like that with it at first but soon enough it sort of became second nature and I can't imagine how I ever ate how I did before SW! I can't imagine what it's like for people who have followed SW for years, I think it would be hard to get out of the habit of it even if you wanted to. For me, its mainly because I've realised just how bad/calorific some food is! SW has really made me think twice about my eating habits as its made me question whether or not some foods are 'worth it' and more often than not, they aren't worth it! Like the other day, I calculated that ONE slice of a cheesecake I really like (as fancied buying a piece in as a treat) was about 20 syns so I didn't bother. Obviously I didn't fancy it that much if it wasn't worth the syns. Sorry about the babbling, I babble on far too much but hopefully its not confusing babble! xxx

Lol! No your babble is good babble :) Yeh, 15.5lbs in 4 weeks but I imagine it will slow down very very soon! Thus why I'm starting in to the shred to try and lose inches even if I'm not losing pounds :)

Hey I do the shred!
I completed it in jan and never took measurements before! But I felt so fit ad muscles in my arms etc!
Now I'm doing it again with bigger weights and following the girl who does it the hard way! After I complete it this time I'm gonna start 'ripped in 30' that's meant to be a killer

Okay! My new goal is to drink 8 bottles/glasses of water per day!

I just don't drink enough! Especially with the exercise I do

Purpled said:
Okay! My new goal is to drink 8 bottles/glasses of water per day!

I just don't drink enough! Especially with the exercise I do

Think I'll join you I'm terrible too :(

thats it then.. at least 8 glasses of water into my food diary each day, should be...intresting lol

I can never even manage 3 glasses of water a day let aline the full 8!! I foret to drink it to be honest. Lol i live on pepsi max ! I dont like full fat coke anyway. Half a stonelost girls !! I helpes my self to some ben n jerrys brownie frozen yogurt to celebrate hehe x

Back