Eat Myself Skinny

You should be drinking more water not less to flush out your system. ... aim for at least 2 litres a day and more on exercise days and you should see it helps x

You should be drinking more water not less to flush out your system. ... aim for at least 2 litres a day and more on exercise days and you should see it helps x

Thank-you! I will try that! x

Eeeeekkkkkkkk!!!!! So Very, very, very pleased!! -3.5lbs yesterday at weigh in! Possibly the lightest I have ever been bar my childhood years! Well that has definitely given me the boost I needed.
Still I got home and told the hubby and asked if he was happy, I got an unenthusiastic "good" :sigh:. Sat him down again and said it would be nice if you were actually genuinely happy for me when I come home and tell you I had a loss at least. He replied with a "you are missing the point here," to which I responded with a very confused look and asked what he meant. He said that he didn't ask me to start this and that it was my idea. Back to square one with support then. I even mentioned it to him last week when we went out on date night as I ordered something SW friendly, and just to see what he would respond with I asked him how come he didn't support my journey. He said and I quote, "how can I be enthusiastic for you when I have no enthusiasm for the plan itself." To which point I just killed the conversation there and shrugged it off and said that was fair enough. It is upsetting I guess especially as I feel like I can't talk to him about it, but I think I would prefer him notice in his own time (if he does) rather than keep forcing it down his throat.

Any way, new week, new leg of the journey :)

04/02/15 *BODY MAGIC* & SP DAY
Breakfast= passion fruit(s) x2 laughing cow light triangles (half Hex A), green tea & 500ml water
Lunch=aubergine and cabbage curry (curry leaves, mustard seeds, tomatoes, ginger, turmeric, chilli, coriander powder)(s), wholemeal roll 60g (first Hex B),x2 laughing cow light triangles (half Hex A), nectarine(s), plum(s), green tea & 500ml water
Dinner= chilli and garlic(s) prawns, grilled kale(s), x2 alpen light bars (second Hex B)
SYNS=
walls choc cornetto from multipack (9.5syns), M&S honey roasted cashews 18g (5.4syns) = 14.9 SYNS

Last edited:
Well done on your loss. ... bugger him. ... We'll all congratulate you on your progress xx

05/02/15 SP DAY
Breakfast= strawberries(s), raspberries(s), blackberries(s), passion fruit(s), 27g porridge (made up with water), green tea & 500ml water
Lunch=tuna mayo, lettuce(s), cucumber(s), 2 boiled eggs, green tea & 500ml water
Dinner=pre roasted chicken (no skin), x1.5 ww sausages (0.75syns), baked portobello mushroom(s), frozen speed veg(s)
Snacks= x2 laughing cow light triangles, x2 alpen light bars (second Hex B)
SYNS=
mayo light 1tbspn (1syn), x1.5 ww sausages (0.75syns), x1 quality street (2syns), M&S honey roasted cashews 15g (4.5syns), 2 heaped tspn bisto granuales to make gravy (2syns) = 10.25 SYNS

Last edited:
food looks good today, I always make my porridge with water too. .. saves on calories and is fine once you get used to it :)

food looks good today, I always make my porridge with water too. .. saves on calories and is fine once you get used to it :)

Yeh, I don't mind it, just need to eat it quick before it gets cold! I would rather save my allowance for cheese, love that stuff xx

How is your week going so far?

06/02/15
Breakfast= strawberries(s), raspberries(s), blackberries(s), 27g porridge (hex B) (made up with water) sprinkled with cinnamon powder, green tea & 500ml water
Lunch= x2ww sausages (1syn), lettuce(s), cucumber(s), rest of speed fruits from breakfast as half tub left(S) green tea & 500ml water
Dinner= OUT Starters: mozzarella (hex A), red onion(s) and lettuce(s) salad(no dressing), Mains: pasta in garlic, chilli, crumbled sausage, broccoli
Dessert: shared a tiramisu (75g approx.)

SYNS=
x1.2 ww sausages (1syn), oil in pasta mains (6syns), crumbled sausage (3syns), tiramisu 75g approx. (9syns)= 18SYNS

Last edited:
Yeh, I don't mind it, just need to eat it quick before it gets cold! I would rather save my allowance for cheese, love that stuff xx

How is your week going so far?

mines going well, lost 1.8lbs so only 4 and a half of my 4 stone target now!

I've started making my porridge with mostly water but a dash of milk stirred through at the end- its probably a mental thing but it helps lol
Got any nice plans for the weekend? X

you could try adding some fruit to improve the flavour if you're not keen. ... my mum puts a little box of raisins in hers and I often add a banana to mine instead of eating it separately x

mines going well, lost 1.8lbs so only 4 and a half of my 4 stone target now!

that is brilliant!! hope this week is the week for you! xx

07/02/15 *BODY MAGIC*
Pre Gym=half a banana & cup of hot water
Post Gym=scrambled eggs, portobello mushroom(s) fried in frylight & 2 slices of bacon (all visible fat removed) & raspberries(s)
Lunch= x2 alpen bars (hex B), x4 laughing cow light (hex A), raspberries(s)
Dinner=Fish and chip shop fish (batter removed), chippy chips 200g, raspberries(s)1.5 pints diet coke
SYNS=
chippy chips 200g (15syns)= 15SYNS

08/02/15
Brunch= SW Pancakes (x1 egg yolk flavoured with 1tsp sweetener, cinnamon powder to taste), whisked egg white folded into the yolk and fried in frylight, strawberries(s)
Dinner= SW Chicken Chow Mein (1syn a portion) (inc: dried egg noodles, garlic(s), ginger(s), spring onion(s), mangetout(s), babycorn(s), hoisin sauce, Asda Chosen by you Chinese Stir Fry Oil, soy sauce 5 spice powder, chicken)
Snacks= ham slices, x2 alpen bars (hex B), x4 laughing cow light (hex A)
SYNS=
oil (0.5syns), hoisin sauce (0.5syns), Roses Chunky Truffle (2syns), x2 Ferrero Roche (7syns)= 10SYNS

09/02/15 *BODY MAGIC*
Breakfast= strawberries(S) green tea & 500ml water
Lunch= Left over SW Chicken Chow Mein (1syn), homemade chicken kebab (3syns) raspberries(s), pomegranate(s) green tea & 500ml water
Dinner=Mini chicken fillets coated in egg and 30g per person wholemeal breadcrumbs (half hex B), baked beans,frozen speed vegetables(s)
Snacks= x1 alpen bars (half hex B), ham slices, 30g red leicester (hex A)
SYNS=
chicken kebab (3syns), SW chow mein (1syn), M&S honey roasted nuts 25g (7.5syns), x1 Ferrero Roche (3.5syns)= 15SYNS

10/02/15 *WEIGH DAY*
As I fast on Tuesdays due to religious reasons I can only have fruits and water, milk, tea or coffee all day. That means 0 syns!

A maintain yesterday! Not upset by it at all. Just happy there was no gain. My body likes to keep me in suspense haha, same thing happened the week before last. I skipped the gym on Sunday and didn't work particularly hard on Monday when I went, I wonder if it was the laziness that did it! Never mind, will make it up with more SP days this week. Have a shopping list and meals for the week all planned out. Plan to stick to a max of 8 syns a day bar tomorrow as having turkey meatballs tomorrow for dinner from Asda which are 8.5 syns for 6. This should allow for the takeaway night the hubby and I have planned for Valentines Day. Going to attempt to make an almost syn free dessert too!

Have a good week everyone!

11/02/15 *EESP DAY*
Breakfast: nectarines(s), blackberries(s), green tea & 500ml water
Lunch: wholemeal roll (first hex B), 2 eggs, ham,cucumber(s), black coffee & 500ml water
Dinner:prawns cooked in garlic(s) & chill flakes, lettuce(s), carrots(s), cucumber(s), 300ml water
Snacks: 30g red leicester (hex A), 14 cashew nuts (second hex B)
SYNS: x2 ferrero roche (7syns) =7 SYNS

12/02/15 *EESP DAY & BODY MAGIC* (528 cals in 45mins on crosstrainer)
Breakfast: frozen speed berries(s), asda original chosen by you simply porridge 27g (first hex B) green tea & 500ml water
Lunch: wholemeal roll (second hex B), ham,cucumber(s), green tea & 500ml water
Dinner:courgetti(s) with 6 turkey meatballs asda butchers selection, 52g philli lightest soft cheese (half hex A)
SYNS: 6 turkey meatballs asda butchers selection (8.5syns) =8.5 SYNS

13/02/15 *EESP DAY*
Breakfast: melon(s) x1 alpen bars (half first hex B) green tea & 500ml water
Lunch:prawns cooked in garlic(s) & chill flakes, lettuce(s), carrots(s), cucumber(s), x1 alpen bars (half first hex B)snacked on ham afterwards green tea & 500ml water
Dinner: shared a mix chicken sizzler dry as starters, mains orders a prawn tandoori sizzler dry with salad & the fried onions on sizzler plate with prawns, 1.5 pints diet coke
Snacks: 30g red leicester (hex A), 14 cashew nuts (second hex B)
SYNS:
shared a mix chicken sizzler dry as starters, mains orders a prawn tandoori sizzler dry with salad & the fried onions on sizzler plate with prawns= 15 SYNS as unsure of oil content

14/02/15 *BODY MAGIC* (248 cals in 20mins on crosstrainer, weights 25mins, boxing 15mins)
Pre-Gym: melon(s), 300ml hot water & 500ml water at gym
Post Gym/Brunch: x2ww sausages, 2 fried eggs, baked portobello mushroom(s), baked beans,14 cashew nuts (hex B)
Dinner: Chinese Takeaway quarter crispy duck (no skin), plum sauce, 4 pancakes, 2 spring rolls, 250g chips
Snacks: 4 laughing cow light (hex A)
SYNS:
M&S honey roasted nuts 25g (7.5syns), x5 Ferrero Roche (17syns), x3 lindor (12syns), Chinese Takeaway quarter crispy duck (no skin), plum sauce, 4 pancakes, 2 spring rolls, 250g chips(???syns)= 40 SYNS+ :break_diet:

15/02/15 *BODY MAGIC* (1000 cals in 78mins on crosstrainer - felt so guilty from the takeaway meal just had to do this!:eek:)
Pre Gym: half banana, 300ml hot water & 500ml water at gym
Lunch:rice, indian beans & potato curry & daal (at grandparents house)300ml water
Dinner: x3 egg SW pancakes (cinnamon, sweetener), half banana chopped on side, strawberries(s)
Snacks: 14 cashew nuts(hex B), ham slices, 30g red leicester (hex A)
SYNS:
indian beans & potato curry & daal (at grandparents house)(8syns)= 8SYNS

16/02/15 *EESP DAY*
Breakfast: melon(s), x1 alpen bars (half first hex B) green tea & 500ml water
Lunch:wholemeal roll (second hex B), ham,strawberries(s), raspberries(s), pomegranate(s), x1 alpen bars (half first hex B) black coffee & 500ml water
Dinner:indian cabbage curry(s)
Snacks:ham slices, 30g red leicester (hex A)
SYNS:
x3 roses chocs (6.5syns) = 6.5 SYNS

17/02/15 *
WEIGH DAY*
As I fast on Tuesdays due to religious reasons I can only have fruits and water, milk, tea or coffee all day. That means 0 syns!

A 1.5lb loss yesterday. Quite disappointed with the result to be honest considering that is a loss after a week of maintaining! Still a loss is a loss...baby steps. Can already foresee next week being a problem! It is my birthday next weigh in day and this weekend is going to have at least 2 meals off plan plus cake! Oh Lord!

Last edited:
Birthday yesterday and lost 2 pounds! Got my half stone award too. Very pleased. Our group consultant announced the Slimmer of the Month yesterday, and went through the months losses. I am proud to say 7 pounds over one month is something I am very happy with!

Found some new recipes this week that I want to try and make more Slimming World friendly. In group I have learnt that I need to have less SP days as I am exercising more so I need the carbs for energy, which is why my metabolism was being compromised and losses were not showing. However I admittedly did hardly if any exercise in this last week and was treated out for 2 meals for my birthday but made sure to keep the other meals on those days within plan and limit my syns daily to a max of 10 on all other days. No alcohol was involved which was probably also a plus just tons of beautiful highly syned off plan food!

Back